Trivia Q Thread

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 22, 2010 -> 03:05 PM)
That s*** was on Sportscenter like last week.

Lol, no way. Really? Ok here is another.....

Explain the scenario in which a ball is hit, and 3 outs are recorded without the defense ever touching the ball, or the ball touching the ground.

Edited by JoeCoolMan24

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Dec 22, 2010 -> 03:18 PM)

Explain the scenario in which a ball is hit, and 3 outs are recorded without the defense ever touching the ball, or the ball touching the ground.

Must have something to do with the batter passing up the runners on base.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Dec 22, 2010 -> 03:18 PM)

The ball theoretically does not have to touch the ground... though on the flip side it very well could.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Dec 30, 2010 -> 02:05 AM)
So I guess I win, no one can solve my question!

Reread what i last said. You were slightly incorrect in how you worded it.

For the last out there would have to be a runner off of second base. The fielder, second/short would let the ball drop... for whatever reason i couldn't tell you. The dropped ball could hit the runner either on the fly... or it could fall to the ground and bounce/roll and hit the runner... this is barring he were off base. Lastly, the infield fly ball would have to drop in front of the second/short who fields it, otherwise it would not be an out.

Only on a infield fly is a runner not out if they were to get hit by a dropped ball and still stood on first.

QUOTE (qwerty @ Dec 30, 2010 -> 10:18 AM)
Reread what i last said. You were slightly incorrect in how you worded it.

For the last out there would have to be a runner off of second base. The fielder, second/short would let the ball drop... for whatever reason i couldn't tell you. The dropped ball could hit the runner either on the fly... or it could fall to the ground and bounce/roll and hit the runner... this is barring he were off base. Lastly, the infield fly ball would have to drop in front of the second/short who fields it, otherwise it would not be an out.

Only on a infield fly is a runner not out if they were to get hit by a dropped ball and still stood on first.

Runners on 1st and 2nd. 0 outs.

Runners stealing on the pitch as batter hits a pop-up in the infield. Infield fly is called, batter is out. Trail runner crosses over 2nd base and continues to run, while the lead runner had stopped on the fly ball and started to run back. Trail runner then passes the lead runner on the bases, making him automatically out, and then the popup hits the other runner in the head, making that runner out as well.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Dec 31, 2010 -> 03:12 PM)
Runners on 1st and 2nd. 0 outs.

Runners stealing on the pitch as batter hits a pop-up in the infield. Infield fly is called, batter is out. Trail runner crosses over 2nd base and continues to run, while the lead runner had stopped on the fly ball and started to run back. Trail runner then passes the lead runner on the bases, making him automatically out, and then the popup hits the other runner in the head, making that runner out as well.

I am quite positive it's never happened, but somebody please tell me it has.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jan 4, 2011 -> 03:30 PM)
Who ranks 2nd all-time behind White Sox 1B/DH Frank Thomas with the most HR by a player whose last name starts with "T".

Is that a trick question? Frank Thomas has the second most home runs by a player whose last name starts with a "T", behind Jim Thome.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jan 4, 2011 -> 02:52 PM)
Is that a trick question? Frank Thomas has the second most home runs by a player whose last name starts with a "T", behind Jim Thome.

You are so right. It is in a baseball trivia book of mine, and although it was printed in 2006 or so, Thome definitely had more by then than the person behind Frank Thomas had....

Ok then.....

Who ranks 3rd behind White Sox 1B/DH Frank Thomas in most HR by a player who's last name starts with "T".

Damn trivia book. :chair

By the way, do you guys ever take part in Jayson Stark's trivia on Twitter? I am always surprisingly awesome at his trivia. I never realize how much I pay attention/remember until I answer his trivia. His last one "Who are the 2 active pitchers who have 5 200+ strikeout seasons" I got it in about 2-3 seconds with the first 2 names that popped into my head. Made me happy. :)

I have answered all 3 of his trivia correct today, although the 1st and 3rd questions were my first guesses, the 2nd question he asked did take me until my 3rd guess to get it right.

Edited by JoeCoolMan24

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jan 4, 2011 -> 04:16 PM)
You are so right. It is in a baseball trivia book of mine, and although it was printed in 2006 or so, Thome definitely had more by then than the person behind Frank Thomas had....

Ok then.....

Who ranks 3rd behind White Sox 1B/DH Frank Thomas in most HR by a player who's last name starts with "T".

Damn trivia book. :chair

Frank Thomas