Inaugural Soxtalk Winter Meetings & Drinkathon

BigSqwert

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 7, 2010 -> 10:18 AM)
Hey folks,

Was thinking of organizing a get together for the Soxtalk crew. Keith (lostfan) will be in town in early January so I thought maybe we can get some of the locals together for some drinks. It would be nice to meet some of you clowns and talk sports in person.

Anyone else interested in making this work?

We'd need to pick a bar. Something centrally located. No cover and preferably one that has cheap drinks and lots of TVs for sports.

The dates that work best are 01/05 through 01/07.

Heads, you'll need to keep your penis in your pants.

:lol: I get the feeling this is going to be a nice, long-running joke on this board.

On that note, I will not be making it up north for this shindig so I have nothing else to contribute to this thread.

Boo the West Side. I was at Congress on Saturday and it took forever to get a cab out of the West so I could return to civilization.

I suggest the Captain Morgan Club at Wrigley Field. Located right off the Red Line it there would be nothing more satisfying than enjoying a cold refreshing drink at the home of the most successful minor league team in America.

haha

Anyway, if this really gets off the ground I would try and attend, even if it is in Siberia aka the West Side.

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Dec 7, 2010 -> 09:53 AM)
Sorry, it's a pet peeve that I should probably just get over, but I see it all the time. Hope you haven't ordered the banner yet.

I totally agree with you. It's a huge pet peeve of mine too. We don't know if it's going to have an annual event yet since it hasn't been done before. Love the idea though.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Dec 7, 2010 -> 03:07 PM)
Boo the West Side. I was at Congress on Saturday and it took forever to get a cab out of the West so I could return to civilization.

I suggest the Captain Morgan Club at Wrigley Field. Located right off the Red Line it there would be nothing more satisfying than enjoying a cold refreshing drink at the home of the most successful minor league team in America.

haha

Anyway, if this really gets off the ground I would try and attend, even if it is in Siberia aka the West Side.

Added the suggestion to the list in post #2.

An event such as this could be hilarious. Most often times posters arent quite the same personality in real life as you would view them becasue of how they seem on the web.

I picture a lot of awkward mumbling at the bar. LOL

QUOTE (shipps @ Dec 7, 2010 -> 03:55 PM)
An event such as this could be hilarious. Most often times posters arent quite the same personality in real life as you would view them becasue of how they seem on the web.

A room full of dudes like this...

10221_office_space_stapler_with_milton1.

QUOTE (shipps @ Dec 7, 2010 -> 09:55 PM)

And Jeff will more than likely drink you under the table (as I found out one evening).....

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 7, 2010 -> 09:22 AM)
Some possible locations:

Piece in Wicker Park

Small Bar on Division

Jimmy Green's in South Loop

Captain Morgan Club at Wrigley Field

The GF works at Jimmy Green's solid place, but could be out of the way for northerners. I like small bar as well.