Inaugural Soxtalk Winter Meetings & Drinkathon

BigSqwert

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Dec 10, 2010 -> 02:08 PM)
Ive only met 1 person from this board and it was a random encounter where that person recognized me by my email on an evite.

Id also prefer something that is located off of public transportation (preferably red line, but brown line isnt the worst). The problem with the West Side is unless you live there, you are taking a bus or cab, and getting a cab back home can be tricky.

Thats my issue. If it is something downtown, I could probably make it. Otherwise I am out.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Dec 10, 2010 -> 01:57 PM)
I'd like to go to this, but I don't really know any of you in RL -- does everyone else know each other?

I just don't want to go there to get attacked by BigSqwert because he hates me.

Some people know each other, some don't. BS is a cool dude in real life... Nothing like his douchey on-line personality.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Dec 10, 2010 -> 01:57 PM)
I just don't want to go there to get attacked by BigSqwert because he hates me.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 10, 2010 -> 02:12 PM)
BS is a cool dude in real life... Nothing like his douchey on-line personality.

Actually I was worried you would all attack me. :crying

Mike, any ideas of Loop bars?

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Dec 10, 2010 -> 03:26 PM)
Of all the places, I would go for Jimmy Greens in the South Loop. Maybe have a poll? And maybe move to main board for more eyes to see?

I think we want to stay closer to the Loop is so people who work there can go straight after work and be able to hop on the metra to get home (I;m looking at you Mike)

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Dec 10, 2010 -> 03:30 PM)
I eat at Dylan's almost every Friday.

It has a bunch of tv's and is decently priced. Its not a bar where there will be a ton of people (most likely). Its easy to get to from both Metra stations, and a 10 minute walk from brown line

This seems like a great spot. Also not far from Clinton Blue Line stop which I noted earlier. Red Line folks can get the free transfer to Blue at Jackson.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Dec 10, 2010 -> 03:30 PM)
I eat at Dylan's almost every Friday.

It has a bunch of tv's and is decently priced. Its not a bar where there will be a ton of people (most likely). Its easy to get to from both Metra stations, and a 10 minute walk from brown line

If that is the case, it sounds perfect to me.

Well it was a million times better than All-Star Cafe (formerly located in Presidential Towers), and its one of the restaurants near my office. Its not a monster sports bar, more of a neighborhood watering hole.

It really just depends what people want, but in the loop area most bars are "interesting". There are also places between the river and canal like Blackie's etc.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Dec 10, 2010 -> 03:44 PM)
Well it was a million times better than All-Star Cafe (formerly located in Presidential Towers), and its one of the restaurants near my office. Its not a monster sports bar, more of a neighborhood watering hole.

It really just depends what people want, but in the loop area most bars are "interesting". There are also places between the river and canal like Blackie's etc.

That place sucked. Did it close or something? I was usually in the south loop, so we usually either hit the Cactus, Billy Goat, Alcots, or Tutto's.