Catch All Anything Thread

kapkomet

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 10, 2011 -> 02:44 PM)
I got out in pajama pants all the time when I'm just running to the store. I couldn't care less what the hell I look like when I just need to pick up a few things.

Agreed. I think of it like running to the store in sweatpants. I see what he was saying about wearing slippers, though (and possibly a pajama top?).

Edited by Milkman delivers

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last Thursday, I went to the gas station to fill up and got a cheap car wash just to get the salt off. Car Wash was an addition $5.

After filling up, I drove around to the wash and it was closed down temporarily. No biggie, my recipt said I had a week to use it. So every day I drove by it and it was still blocked off.

Today was my last chance to use it so when I went it was still blocked off. I took my receipt inside and was calm and just asked if I could put the $5 towards gas or some soda or whatever and I was told I could not do that. I explained that I bought the wash a week ago and it expires today and the guy said I purchased the car wash at my own risk and there was nothing I could do.

I even said there was no sign saying that but he didn't budge. I didn't make a big deal out of it, it is only $5 but still. WTF

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 10, 2011 -> 07:41 PM)
Last Thursday, I went to the gas station to fill up and got a cheap car wash just to get the salt off. Car Wash was an addition $5.

After filling up, I drove around to the wash and it was closed down temporarily. No biggie, my recipt said I had a week to use it. So every day I drove by it and it was still blocked off.

Today was my last chance to use it so when I went it was still blocked off. I took my receipt inside and was calm and just asked if I could put the $5 towards gas or some soda or whatever and I was told I could not do that. I explained that I bought the wash a week ago and it expires today and the guy said I purchased the car wash at my own risk and there was nothing I could do.

I even said there was no sign saying that but he didn't budge. I didn't make a big deal out of it, it is only $5 but still. WTF

That's bulls***. Closing down the car wash is a great business move for them.

If you were going trying to make a point on a relatively small matter, would it be about the "principal of the matter," or the "principle of the matter"?

I'm thinking the first makes the most sense, but then I think about it again and it doesn't. I feel like a dog chasing my tail, finally catch it, and then realize it's my tail and that it wasn't what I thought it was.

I am on a roll of "destination nowhere" trips for work. An old can of Spaghetti Os is better than the hot garbage the local contacts recommended as the "Italian Restaurant" they wanted to go to. So its either fast food or a trip to Cracker Barrel. I can't wait to get back to Chicago to eat something decent again.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Feb 10, 2011 -> 08:02 PM)
If you were going trying to make a point on a relatively small matter, would it be about the "principal of the matter," or the "principle of the matter"?

I'm thinking the first makes the most sense, but then I think about it again and it doesn't. I feel like a dog chasing my tail, finally catch it, and then realize it's my tail and that it wasn't what I thought it was.

Principal is a person

Principle is a thing

So principle of the matter.

Edited by G&T

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 10, 2011 -> 06:41 PM)

I know its only $5 buck but I'd call corporate or whatever, im assuming its like a BP/Shell/Marathon etc..... That is 100% bulls*** and in future your more likely to get your way if you cause a scene.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 10, 2011 -> 07:41 PM)

Yeah, I had that almost happen to me but I was actually able to use it. Their explanation is total bulls***. "at my own risk" my ass and I would've made a scene. I didn't take a "risk," who the f*** does that? I paid for services I expected to receive, there was no disclaimer or anything. Why does it expire anyway? Are you going to credit my card if I don't use it?

My wife's company laid off a bunch of people yesterday. Thankfully she wasn't among them, but it looks like we might be searching for new digs soon. I want to move south but taking another bar exam sounds awful.

QUOTE (G&T @ Feb 11, 2011 -> 07:10 AM)
My wife's company laid off a bunch of people yesterday. Thankfully she wasn't among them, but it looks like we might be searching for new digs soon. I want to move south but taking another bar exam sounds awful.

Ugh. This job market is so damn stressful right now.

Keep the receipt and try the code when the wash does open back up. Most places I've gone to they are good for 6 months or so.

Either that or go back and complain more. They should be able to refund car washes. I've seen it happen plenty of times when somebody "accidentally" purchases one.

I would contact corporate even though it is just 5$ just for the principle of the matter

The stupid c*** who had my phone number before me apparently had some horrific credit , which is annoying, but the bill collectors eventually do stop calling. However, c*** Muffin crosses the line into "I want to choke that b**** if I meet her" territory when she signs up for some Web service that bills me through Verizon using my phone number. Knowing full well that she doesn't have this number anymore. WTF?

QUOTE (lostfan @ Feb 11, 2011 -> 05:17 PM)
The stupid c*** who had my phone number before me apparently had some horrific credit , which is annoying, but the bill collectors eventually do stop calling. However, c*** Muffin crosses the line into "I want to choke that b**** if I meet her" territory when she signs up for some Web service that bills me through Verizon using my phone number. Knowing full well that she doesn't have this number anymore. WTF?

I got my current number 2 years ago and the previous owner was a high school girl at Barrington high school. For two weeks I got a bunch if texts messages about parties and after school stuff. It was kind of funny.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 11, 2011 -> 06:43 PM)
I got my current number 2 years ago and the previous owner was a high school girl at Barrington high school. For two weeks I got a bunch if texts messages about parties and after school stuff. It was kind of funny.

Cellphone? (this is a landline)

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 11, 2011 -> 05:43 PM)

I hope you took full advantage of the Barrington party hotline