Catch All Anything Thread

kapkomet

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NIUSox @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 12:40 AM)
I found out today that I will be going to Omaha in June for 3 weeks to work for my company, Nike, at the College World Series!!! How sweet is that!

The new stadium they just built for that is ridiculous.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 12:48 AM)
I'm not sure I'd ever be excited about going to Omaha, no matter the occasion.

It's not a bad little city, really.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 02:03 PM)
2nd tornado warning of the day.

Don't you like that Knoxville doesn't have tornado sirens? What is this? 1950? I feel like it's ridiculous not to have any warning systems. I didn't even know we were under a tornado warning today.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 05:27 PM)
Don't you like that Knoxville doesn't have tornado sirens? What is this? 1950? I feel like it's ridiculous not to have any warning systems. I didn't even know we were under a tornado warning today.

I dunno, I'm not sure I've ever lived anywhere that has had a tornado siren.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 03:31 PM)
I dunno, I'm not sure I've ever lived anywhere that has had a tornado siren.

Really? Huh... I, nor anyone I've talked to about it, has lived in a place without sirens. I figured it was pretty common.

So...

I'm working on the May wallpaper and I discovered something unfortunate.

It's a bad idea to do a Google image search for "old baseball glove" even in with moderate filter settings.

PS don't do this at work if you decide to disregard my warning.

You have been warned.

QUOTE (knightni @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 06:48 PM)
So...

I'm working on the May wallpaper and I discovered something unfortunate.

It's a bad idea to do a Google image search for "old baseball glove" even in with moderate filter settings.

PS don't do this at work if you decide to disregard my warning.

You have been warned.

Of course I searched it. I really didn't see anything but old baseball gloves though.

This is sorta perversely entertaining. This is one page at WBIR.com.

Update 9:10 pm

NWS issues tornado warning for Cocke; Grainger; Greene; Hamblen; Hawkins; Jefferson; Knox; Sevier until 9:30 pm.

Update: 8:50 pm

Tornado warning in Blount and Knox extended untiil 9:15 pm.

Update 8:40 pm

NWS issues tornado warning Anderson; Jefferson; Knox; Loudon; McMinn; Meigs; Monroe; Rhea; Roane Cocke; Grainger; Greene; Hamblen; Hawkins; Jefferson; Sevieruntil 9:30 pm.

Update 8:20 pm

for Blount; Cocke; Hamblen; Jefferson; Knox; Sevier until 8:30 pm. Anderson; Jefferson; Knox; Loudon; McMinn; Meigs; Monroe; Rhea; Roane until 9 pm.

Update 7:50

NWS issues tornado warning for Bradley; Loudon; McMinn; Meigs; Monroe; Rhea; Roane until 8 pm. Blount; Cocke; Hamblen; Jefferson; Knox; Sevier until 8:30 pm.

Update 7:20

NWS issues tornado warning Blount; Bradley; Knox; Loudon; McMinn; Meigs; Monroe; Rhea; Roane until 8 pm

Update 7:10

NWS issues tornado warning for Campbell; Claiborne; Hancock until 7:45. Blount; Knox; Monroe; Polk until 8 pm.

Update 6:40

NWS issues tornado warning Campbell; Claiborne; Scott until 7 pm

Tornado watch is effect for for Anderson; Bledsoe; Blount; Bradley; Campbell; Carter; Claiborne; Cocke; Grainger; Greene; Hamblen; Hamilton; Hancock; Hawkins; Jefferson; Johnson; Knox; Loudon; Marion; McMinn; Meigs; Monroe; Morgan; Polk; Rhea; Roane; Scott; Sequatchie; Sevier; Sullivan; Unicoi; Union; Washington until 1 am

Update 6:20

for Campbell; Claiborne; Morgan; Scott until 6:45

Update: 5:45

for Campbell; Scott until 6:15. NWS issues tornado warning for Anderson; Blount; Knox; Loudon; Sevier until 6:30 pm

Update 5:20

Severe Thunderstorm Warning until 06:00 PM Wednesday issued for Campbell, Morgan & Scott Counties.

Update 5:05

Blount; Cumberland; Knox; Loudon; Sevier until 5:45. McMinn & Monroe Counties until 5:30.

Update 4:10

NWS issues tornado warning for Blount; Knox; Loudon; Monroe; and Sevier Counties until 5 pm.

Update 3:55

The National Weather Service has issued tornado warnings for:

Meigs until 4 pm

Anderson, Blount, Knox, Loudon, McMinn, Monroe, Morgan, Roane until 4:30 pm

Update 1:45 pm

Another round of severe weather is expected to make it into the region between 2 and 4 pm. The Cumberland Plateau and Southern Valley should expect the storms to heat up between 2 and 3 pm, while Knoxville and the rest of the Valley should expect the bad weather to roll in between 3 and 4 pm.

Chief Meteorologist Todd Howell and Meteorologist Cheryl Scott are tracking the storms in the 10Weather Center. They say these storms are capable of producing damaging winds, heavy rain, and possible tornados. You should heed all warnings and be prepared to take cover

Track the severe weather on the 10Weather page

A tornado watch for all of East Tennessee expired at 2 pm, but a new tornado watch was issued until 5 pm for the counties bordering and south of I-40.

Stay with 10News and WBIR.com throughout the day for the very latest.

Update 9:57 am

A tornado watch has been issued by the National Weather Service for several counties in the 10News viewing area until 2:00 p.m. EST. The counties affected are:

* ANDERSON

* BLOUNT

* BRADLEY

* CAMPBELL

* CLAIBORNE

* GRAINGER

* HAMILTON

* HANCOCK

* KNOX

* LOUDON

* MCMINN

* MEIGS

* MONROE

* MORGAN

* POLK

* RHEA

* ROANE

* SCOTT

* UNION

WRCB-TV reports severe weather damage across Chattanooga.

Update 9:25 am

A tornado warning has been issued for Scott County until 9:45 a.m. Radar indicated severe thunderstorm capable of creating tornado 9 miles east of Jamestown.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 07:32 PM)
Well, there's the golfball sized hail and the upcoming Geico insurance claim.

We had a ton of golfball sized hail where I live (the Fort). My car is pretty dented up, but thankfully none of my windows broke. Quite a few people in my apartment complex's parking lot did have windows smashed out, though, including my roommate.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 09:41 PM)
We had a ton of golfball sized hail where I live (the Fort). My car is pretty dented up, but thankfully none of my windows broke. Quite a few people in my apartment complex's parking lot did have windows smashed out, though, including my roommate.

Same for me and you. Windows still in tact.

Glad I kept the comprehensive deductible low.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 09:40 PM)
:(

The storms over the last week have been pretty bad.

Over the last 2 days there have been 187 tornado reports across the south, 406 reports of hail with damage, over 500 damaging wind reports.