Catch All Anything Thread

kapkomet

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife was Facebook friends with someone that passed away in the past year. Her page was still up and yesterday was her birthday. Most people that posted said stuff like "We miss you so much on your b-day today", "You will always be in our hearts" or whatever. But there were still people that posted wishes saying "Happy Birthday! Hope you have a great day!" Are you really oblivious to the fact that the person is dead? Do you just post that stuff without even glancing at the person's page or is there some kind of automated program that posts b-day messages? It's very creepy.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 07:12 AM)
My wife was Facebook friends with someone that passed away in the past year. Her page was still up and yesterday was her birthday. Most people that posted said stuff like "We miss you so much on your b-day today", "You will always be in our hearts" or whatever. But there were still people that posted wishes saying "Happy Birthday! Hope you have a great day!" Are you really oblivious to the fact that the person is dead? Do you just post that stuff without even glancing at the person's page or is there some kind of automated program that posts b-day messages? It's very creepy.

There's no automated program, those people are just idiots! They're the people who just add anyone and everyone because it makes them feel special to have so many fb friends .... then they get the notification that its someone's birthday, they're not going to pass up the opportunity to post something ...they want to feel like they're a part of something whenever that mass " Awww thanks everyone for the birthday wishes, made my day ..love you all!!!! Xoxo" post, goes out!! It's pretty lame if you ask me ...

As all-time bad as the tornado outbreak in the south was, and as much as I expected many fatalities with several tornadoes hitting metro areas, I'm a little surprised the number is up to 300 now. Are there just not many basements/storm cellars in the south?

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 01:06 PM)
As all-time bad as the tornado outbreak in the south was, and as much as I expected many fatalities with several tornadoes hitting metro areas, I'm a little surprised the number is up to 300 now. Are there just not many basements/storm cellars in the south?

First, many homes in the south don't have basements. Second, have you seen the pictures of the damage? I'm amazed the toll isn't higher.

My asshole neighor is stirring up s*** again. :angry:

There is one section of our privacy fence that has broken away and is leaning heavly into asshole's yard. Basically it would just be a matter of putting a couple of screws in it and it would be fine until we get a chance to put up a new fence. Replacing the fence is on our list of things to to but we don't have the money for it just yet.

So instead of knocking on our door and telling us about it, he calls the city on us. We got a letter from the city saying our fence was in violation of some ordinance and we have 14 days to take care of it.

My wife called to tell them that 14 days just isn't long enough and she was told that they don't really care. The fence has to be torn down completely. Never mind the fact that there are dogs on either side of it and the fence is the only thing keeping them away from each other or the fact that we don't have the money to put up a new one.

So if I take the fence down, their dog comes over and hurts one of my kids or dogs, think I can sue the city and the neighbor?

Good thing we have these elected city officials willing to work with us to make this a better place. :wacko:

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 04:22 PM)
My asshole neighor is stirring up s*** again. :angry:

There is one section of our privacy fence that has broken away and is leaning heavly into asshole's yard. Basically it would just be a matter of putting a couple of screws in it and it would be fine until we get a chance to put up a new fence. Replacing the fence is on our list of things to to but we don't have the money for it just yet.

So instead of knocking on our door and telling us about it, he calls the city on us. We got a letter from the city saying our fence was in violation of some ordinance and we have 14 days to take care of it.

My wife called to tell them that 14 days just isn't long enough and she was told that they don't really care. The fence has to be torn down completely. Never mind the fact that there are dogs on either side of it and the fence is the only thing keeping them away from each other or the fact that we don't have the money to put up a new one.

So if I take the fence down, their dog comes over and hurts one of my kids or dogs, think I can sue the city and the neighbor?

Good thing we have these elected city officials willing to work with us to make this a better place. :wacko:

I'd go take a dump on his porch when he's not home.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 04:22 PM)
There is one section of our privacy fence that has broken away and is leaning heavly into asshole's yard. Basically it would just be a matter of putting a couple of screws in it and it would be fine until we get a chance to put up a new fence.

I bet had you done this awhile ago instead of waiting for it to really piss off your neighbor, this wouldn't be an issue.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 04:27 PM)
I bet had you done this awhile ago instead of waiting for it to really piss off your neighbor, this wouldn't be an issue.

It hadn't fallen over awhile ago. :huh:

It happened within the last few days.

Edited by Iwritecode

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 09:00 AM)
That depends are you going to tell us all...

"Awww thanks everyone for the anniversary wishes, made my day ..love you all!!!! Xoxo"

Nooo ...

...I would never tell you guys that I love you, are you kidding me?!?! Hahahaha LOL jk

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 12:42 PM)
First, many homes in the south don't have basements. Second, have you seen the pictures of the damage? I'm amazed the toll isn't higher.

Oh it is probably going to be higher unfortunately, I read today hundreds are still listed as missing in Tuscaloosa alone. This might be the worst tornado outbreak in recorded history, but I'm still surprised that any outbreak could happen in America today and kill several hundred people, even one this bad. I guess it's just the combination of lack of basements, volume of tornadoes, and number of tornadoes hitting major metro areas. Almost everytime I see tornado outbreaks/damage I am amazed the death toll isn't higher, but in this case I find it hard to believe this many will perish. It's an impossible to fathom tragedy, and I hope if at all possible more homes in the south will be built with basements/storm cellars from now on.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Having grown up in the south, I know that a lot of the time we see stories where people have died from these storms, its simply because they are used to it and take things for granted ...they don't think it'll ever happen to them and do not take it as seriously as they should. I know that in Arkansas, you can get federal grants to help pay for a storm cellar, they are expensive, but a necessary investment here in the south. I just pray these storms are done and we can make things as normal as possible for those directly impacted.