Catch All Anything Thread

kapkomet

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jan 4, 2011 -> 05:45 PM)
Just got a subscription to Netflix. I'm pumped. I might need to take the semester off from school to catch up on all my TV show and movie watching...

Take advantage of the Watch Instantly movies. A great selection.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 5, 2011 -> 02:01 AM)
Take advantage of the Watch Instantly movies. A great selection.

For sure. I already watched a few episodes of The Office and some old Saturday Night Live episodes from the late 80's/early 90's. I love that it streams directly to my PS3.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Jan 4, 2011 -> 12:10 PM)
Everyone is entitled to their opinion... I don't care what Bernstein says. You may think it's nonsense, others may not.

Some opinions and comments are stupid and should be derided as such ("Steak dinner, BOOM!"), but Bernstein is just too much of an ass sometimes and really bull-headed. I'm sure some of the "meathead" callers are just trolling the show for reaction, though.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 5, 2011 -> 10:01 AM)
Some opinions and comments are stupid and should be derided as such ("Steak dinner, BOOM!"), but Bernstein is just too much of an ass sometimes and really bull-headed. I'm sure some of the "meathead" callers are just trolling the show for reaction, though.

What's wrong with simply disagreeing and moving on to the next caller? By keeping the caller on the line and insulting them like an 8 year old, you just prolong the conversation and give the caller even more time. Plus, if Bernstein didn't react that way I doubt he would have callers trolling the show for reactions.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Jan 5, 2011 -> 10:15 AM)
What's wrong with simply disagreeing and moving on to the next caller? By keeping the caller on the line and insulting them like an 8 year old, you just prolong the conversation and give the caller even more time. Plus, if Bernstein didn't react that way I doubt he would have callers trolling the show for reactions.

Like I said earlier, they have taken all of the worst things about a message board, and managed to turn them into a radio show.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 5, 2011 -> 10:19 AM)
Like I said earlier, they have taken all of the worst things about a message board, and managed to turn them into a radio show.

That is what I appreciate about soxtalk. When I first got here, I said something that could have been taken as an insult, and was quickly put in the penalty box. I thought that the mods here were overly sensitive. But good god when I go to other message boards now I can't stay too long because I get tired of filtering through the insults and childish behavior to get to meaningful content. That was a lesson well learned about message boards.

Cavaliers offer job to homeless man with 'golden voice'

A homeless man in Ohio with a deep, gifted voice, has been offered a job by the Cleveland Cavaliers and is being sought by NFL Films for possible work, as well.

Ted Williams, whose rich baritone and plight have made him an online video sensation, was first contacted Wednesday by the Cavaliers. Team spokesman Tad Carper said details are still being worked out on a possible position for Williams.

Carper said any job could include working in Quicken Loans Arena, the NBA team's downtown arena. It is not yet known if Williams has accepted the team's offer.

Williams' compelling tale has also drawn interest from NFL Films, which has chronicled pro football for nearly 50 years and wants to contact Williams.

"It's that voice," said Kevin McLoughlin, director of post-production films for the NFL told The Associated Press. "When I heard him tell his story, I said, 'That's what we do. This guy can tell a story.' Somehow, some way, I need to get a demo with him.

"

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Jan 5, 2011 -> 10:15 AM)

Because that's not fun radio. And when you come with steak dinner boom etc, you should get ripped.

As he said, you are entitled to your opinion, but sometimes your opinion is wrong.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jan 5, 2011 -> 01:38 PM)
Because that's not fun radio. And when you come with steak dinner boom etc, you should get ripped.

As he said, you are entitled to your opinion, but sometimes your opinion is wrong.

So fun radio is Bernstein yelling things like YOU'RE AN IDIOT!!! YOU CALLED FOR THAT??? THAT IS A STUPID STATEMENT!!! STOP BEING STUPID!!! NO I'M RIGHT AND YOUR OPINION IS WRONG!!! at a caller?

Edited by Chet Kincaid

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Jan 5, 2011 -> 02:26 PM)
So fun radio is Bernstein yelling things like YOU'RE AN IDIOT!!! YOU CALLED FOR THAT??? THAT IS A STUPID STATEMENT!!! STOP BEING STUPID!!! NO I'M RIGHT AND YOUR OPINION IS WRONG!!! at a caller?

They are the only show I listen to religiously. And that's solely because they are the only show that will make me laugh out loud at work constantly. They are completely unique from other shows.

Sure, Bernstein can take things too far some times, but he's usually correct in what he's saying and trying to prove dumb sports thoughts wrong.

I'm sure everyone listens to sports radio for different things, but I listen to it to be entertained. If I was just looking to be informed, the internet helps me out w/ that.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jan 5, 2011 -> 02:38 PM)

QUOTE (SnB @ Jan 5, 2011 -> 03:59 PM)
They are the only show I listen to religiously. And that's solely because they are the only show that will make me laugh out loud at work constantly. They are completely unique from other shows.

Sure, Bernstein can take things too far some times, but he's usually correct in what he's saying and trying to prove dumb sports thoughts wrong.

I'm sure everyone listens to sports radio for different things, but I listen to it to be entertained. If I was just looking to be informed, the internet helps me out w/ that.

This is the one thing I've always completely disagreed with you two about, I can't stand their show.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 5, 2011 -> 03:54 PM)
This is the one thing I've always completely disagreed with you two about, I can't stand their show.

I stopped listening to sports talk about 2 years ago but when I do, it's usually B&B. I see both sides of the spectrum.

I can't stand Terry. Every year around the same time he goes through some contract dispute which he probably doesn't really deserve to win because in the end, what does he add to the show besides childish noises? I never really hear him express any type of opinion.

I think Dan is smart but severly pompous and I have heard it from people who would know. I think he could go an educated sports talk show or any talk show with anyone. Doesn't need Boers anymore IMO.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 3, 2011 -> 11:28 PM)
****Fantasy Football Alert****

Was in the fantasy football championship game yesterday against my roommate and thought I lost 97-96. After NFL stats went official today, Percy Harvin got 2 receiving yards deducted from him, making it 96-96 and I won on a tiebreaker. My roommate is devastated. I am ecstatic after having conceded defeat at the hands of Danny Amendola last night.

Why on Earth does that s*** league have the Championship in Week 17?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 5, 2011 -> 05:01 PM)
It's amazing how fast the old "Driving in the snow" instincts come back to you.

What the heck is up with Knoxville? It never snows much, but apparently y'all have gotten some decent snow a few times while I've been gone for Christmas break. I feel like I'm missing out.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 6, 2011 -> 12:05 AM)
I stood next to Corey McPherrin tonight at the UC in the urinal line. He definitely noticed that I knew who he was.

LOL

He probably gave you the look..." I hope that I dont have to stand next to this guy who is staring at me while I piss ".

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jan 6, 2011 -> 06:51 AM)
First post from the Netherlands :D

It would be raining all week here when I really just want to walk around the campus and neighboring towns. Oh well, a little water never hurt.

Start dropping Bert Blyleven's name around town. You'll live like a king.