Catch All Anything Thread

kapkomet

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 14, 2011 -> 08:07 AM)
I don't have any recent information, but I know some people who worked with him on projects some time ago... he had a reputation, at least when he was a bigger star, of being one of the biggest pricks to work with in Hollywood. And that's saying something.

Hopefully he's come back to earth in recent years.

Oooh joy. I have read that he is very detailed and meticulous in his preparatino of stuff, so perhaps he's different outside of a studio. And hopefully his former assistant is there too - the connection we actually have with him - so that he may not be as big of a prick as usual (if he is one).

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 14, 2011 -> 07:04 PM)
NHL Playoffs. Every night.

'Tis what I did but it's not the same.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 14, 2011 -> 07:42 PM)
Read a book

Ya, right. Went to the club then came home and watched the playoffs.

Looking for help from someone who has a Droid

Something is wrong with my gmail on my phone. It isnt notifying me when I get an email and when I go into my inbox it only shows new emails when I manually hit refresh. This just started out of nowhere yesterday. Obviously i must have done something but I have no idea what. Any help would be appreciated

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Apr 15, 2011 -> 09:11 AM)
Looking for help from someone who has a Droid

Something is wrong with my gmail on my phone. It isnt notifying me when I get an email and when I go into my inbox it only shows new emails when I manually hit refresh. This just started out of nowhere yesterday. Obviously i must have done something but I have no idea what. Any help would be appreciated

Hmm. Not sure what that could be. Have you tried the XDA forums?

Just yesterday I sat down and figured this out:

We are paying around $65 for the cheapest cable we can get. We can only get it on 3 TVs because we have to have these stupid little converter boxes on every TV. The first 3 are free. We'd have to pay $5 a month to get more. We get about 63 channels. Of those 63, we only watch about 20 regularly. There may be another 5 or 10 that we watch occasionally. The rest of the channels I couldn't care less about.

That's roughly $2-$3 per channel.

We've been thinking about switching to satellite but we're not sure we'd save much money or what channels we'd have to give up.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Apr 15, 2011 -> 10:51 AM)
Just yesterday I sat down and figured this out:

We are paying around $65 for the cheapest cable we can get. We can only get it on 3 TVs because we have to have these stupid little converter boxes on every TV. The first 3 are free. We'd have to pay $5 a month to get more. We get about 63 channels. Of those 63, we only watch about 20 regularly. There may be another 5 or 10 that we watch occasionally. The rest of the channels I couldn't care less about.

That's roughly $2-$3 per channel.

We've been thinking about switching to satellite but we're not sure we'd save much money or what channels we'd have to give up.

It'd be so, so, so nice if one could actually save money by being able to just purchase the channels or small groups of channels that one actually wants.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 15, 2011 -> 09:55 AM)
It'd be so, so, so nice if one could actually save money by being able to just purchase the channels or small groups of channels that one actually wants.

If a company wanted to steal marketshare quickly, they could offer ala carte cable. I would jump on it so hard.

Oh CNN:

Betts said the Postal Service obtained the image from a photo service, which had misidentified the image as being the Statute of Liberty. Consequently, the Postal Service also identified the stamp as being the original Statue of Liberty in materials about the new stamps, Betts said, but it has since rectified the error.

Whoops indeed

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 15, 2011 -> 10:04 AM)
If a company wanted to steal marketshare quickly, they could offer ala carte cable. I would jump on it so hard.

When I was at TWC, they discussed it and discussed it, and we figured out that they would lose money badly, and we knew it. Hello bundles!

They'll tell you that you actually save on programming by buying the bundle and that they would have to drive the prices per channel up so much that it wouldn't save you anything.

Holy smokescreen, batman. My eyes are just killing me. There's so much smoke it looks like fog.

Not to mention the 60 mph winds we've had all day blowing these fires around.

(yea, Balta, Cali's nothing to this, I know... :lol:)

277601987.jpg

I feel lucky to be alive. What the weathermen were calling a "supercell" funnel cloud passed right over my house. They were talking like had it touched down, it would have been devastating. There are pictures people took that show it almost touching down. F***, I wonder what it's like to not live in fear of tornadoes.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Apr 15, 2011 -> 11:49 PM)
I feel lucky to be alive. What the weathermen were calling a "supercell" funnel cloud passed right over my house. They were talking like had it touched down, it would have been devastating. There are pictures people took that show it almost touching down. F***, I wonder what it's like to not live in fear of tornadoes.

That was just Marshawn Lynch running around...

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 16, 2011 -> 01:50 AM)
That was just Marshawn Lynch running around...

While that's funny, I was being totally serious. We were dead to rights, as well as the rest of Pelham had that thing hit the ground. You could hear the grimness in the voices of the weathermen as they were talking about it.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Apr 16, 2011 -> 10:16 PM)
While that's funny, I was being totally serious. We were dead to rights, as well as the rest of Pelham had that thing hit the ground. You could hear the grimness in the voices of the weathermen as they were talking about it.

My bad, that was a very drunken comment. This morning I did self-question my posting of it, but glad to hear everyone is OK.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 16, 2011 -> 10:54 PM)
My bad, that was a very drunken comment. This morning I did self-question my posting of it, but glad to hear everyone is OK.

No worries, I wasn't offended.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 15, 2011 -> 11:04 AM)

I thought there was some "technical" reason that a la carte isn't feasible, but I could be making that up. I would love to start me up an a la carte cable company, I feel I'd make billions.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 01:06 AM)
I thought there was some "technical" reason that a la carte isn't feasible, but I could be making that up. I would love to start me up an a la carte cable company, I feel I'd make billions.

No. There's not. Their technical reason is money. Their arguement is that the selection of channels would be totally gone. Which, 95% of them are crap anyway. But the ones that are left, you'd have to pay $60 a month to get to make the programming feasible. The other bulls*** channels actually keep the cost of, say, ESPN, down. (ESPN is the most expensive programming channel out there).