Catch All Anything Thread

kapkomet

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 05:42 AM)
I knew a guy who was applying to the policy academy and they asked him if he ever smoked marijuana, he said one time (which was true, he tried once in his entire life). They told him he'd have to reapply at a later date. I don't know more details than that.

^I know someone in the exact same boat, he thought honesty would win out. sucks, lie.

Edited by Stocking

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 11:42 AM)
I'm not going to lie, I'd probably lie like hell. If you don't use it regularly and used it a few times in college, putting it down is probably going to create more work than you'd want to deal with and no one would ever know that you lied.

I knew a guy who was applying to the policy academy and they asked him if he ever smoked marijuana, he said one time (which was true, he tried once in his entire life). They told him he'd have to reapply at a later date. I don't know more details than that.

Was this in California?

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 11:42 AM)
I'm not going to lie, I'd probably lie like hell. If you don't use it regularly and used it a few times in college, putting it down is probably going to create more work than you'd want to deal with and no one would ever know that you lied.

How long was it between the use and application?

QUOTE (G&T @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 05:11 PM)
How long was it between the use and application?

4 or 5 years. And it was in California. The guy tried once in highschool. Had just graduated college and was applying into the police academy program.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 25, 2011 -> 04:37 PM)
Holy Hell, I didn't believe my office window could blow open like that.

I didn't know Knoxville could get storms this bad. The mountains around us usually break everything up... I was in Haslam when the storm hit and the maintenance staff was yelling at everyone to get away from the glass - that's when I knew this storm was more serious than I thought.

Finally got power back at my apartment like 20 minutes ago. A night without power was weird, but it gave me a reason to go to the bar and drink.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 11:54 AM)
I didn't know Knoxville could get storms this bad. The mountains around us usually break everything up... I was in Haslam when the storm hit and the maintenance staff was yelling at everyone to get away from the glass - that's when I knew this storm was more serious than I thought.

Finally got power back at my apartment like 20 minutes ago. A night without power was weird, but it gave me a reason to go to the bar and drink.

Do you know the greenhouse that sits behind the biology building on the Hill? About 1/2 of it completely collapsed.

Getting home last night was an adventure.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 11:09 AM)
Do you know the greenhouse that sits behind the biology building on the Hill? About 1/2 of it completely collapsed.

Getting home last night was an adventure.

Wow, really? I used to walk by it all the time. Wish I had seen this before now - I would have walked over there to check it out.