Catch All Anything Thread

kapkomet

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 9, 2011 -> 12:17 PM)
Completely off any kind of topic (I guess that's what the Catch All is for), but I find it weird that the last 4 girls I've dated have better tits than asses, and I've long considered myself an ass man.

For quite some time I have also considered you an ass, man.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 9, 2011 -> 12:17 PM)
Completely off any kind of topic (I guess that's what the Catch All is for), but I find it weird that the last 4 girls I've dated have better tits than asses, and I've long considered myself an ass man.

You're obviously a self-masochist. You still follow the White Sox, even though you know they aren't going to do s***, you still swear by Mr. Perfect even though he's been dead for 8 years now, and worst of all, you get girls with big tits as opposed to nice asses even though you love the way they shake it (or the way it feels, I have no idea).

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 10, 2011 -> 11:57 AM)
You're obviously a self-masochist. You still follow the White Sox, even though you know they aren't going to do s***, you still swear by Mr. Perfect even though he's been dead for 8 years now, and worst of all, you get girls with big tits as opposed to nice asses even though you love the way they shake it (or the way it feels, I have no idea).

This is very true. I have a lot to think about now.

Sounds like I've got no reason to go to the Taste this year.

In order to achieve this, Mitchell said the Park District will be scaling back the emphasis on big musical acts, which are expensive to program, and focus on bringing the Taste back to its roots as a family-oriented celebration of food.

The 2011 Taste of Chicago will run for ten days, from Friday, June 24th through Sunday, July 3rd.

By moving the Taste of Chicago under park district management, Mitchell said that a number of production costs can be further reduced by utilizing the district’s partnerships.

Mitchell said the park district will also continue the City’s partnership with the Illinois Restaurant Association, who has helped to run the Taste of Chicago since its inception 30 years ago.

This year, four of the City’s annual lakefront music festivals – Viva Chicago, the Chicago Country Music Festival, Celtic Fest Chicago and the Chicago Gospel Music Festival – will be incorporated into the Taste of Chicago, rather than be planned as stand-alone events.

“Due to the national recession, all four of these events have been impacted by lower attendance, a lack of corporate sponsorship interest and declining sales,” said Dorothy Coyle, First Deputy Commissioner of the Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events (DCASE). “In these tough economic times it doesn’t make sense for the City to continue funding these as stand-alone events.”

This new plan will allow Chicago to continue to produce these festivals, but without the additional expenses associated with maintaining them as stand-alone events – including security, stage production and food and beverage marketing. By incorporating them into the Taste, which will already have those elements covered, those expenses will be greatly reduced.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 10, 2011 -> 04:00 PM)
I've never had a reason to recommend anyone to go or to go myself. What an awful experience.

+1

Hot, crowded, expensive, and with rude people.

So on my 2004 Impala the speakers have quit working. The stereo still works, because you can see the info scrolling past about what station, the song title etc. Also if you play a CD it spins, counts down, skips to tracks etc.

What would cause that? Fuse or a lose wire? It just completely quit working from one day to the next. It isn't even like it would go in and out before it quit working.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 11, 2011 -> 08:03 AM)
So on my 2004 Impala the speakers have quit working. The stereo still works, because you can see the info scrolling past about what station, the song title etc. Also if you play a CD it spins, counts down, skips to tracks etc.

What would cause that? Fuse or a lose wire? It just completely quit working from one day to the next. It isn't even like it would go in and out before it quit working.

I'd think your radio is toast. I'd doubt it's a loose wire, because you'd randomly have had to have all 4 speakers' wires come loose at the exact same time. Same with the fuse, I don't believe your radio would even "light up" if the fuse was loose or dead.

Go to Best Buy, buy a radio for $99 or higher and get the free installation.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 11, 2011 -> 08:45 AM)
I'd think your radio is toast. I'd doubt it's a loose wire, because you'd randomly have had to have all 4 speakers' wires come loose at the exact same time. Same with the fuse, I don't believe your radio would even "light up" if the fuse was loose or dead.

Gotta agree with this, sounds like the amplifier or something went out.

You'll have one fuse going to your radio and that's it, no separate fuses to the speakers. A loose wire would cut in and out most likely and wouldn't take down four speakers at once.

You could check for a replacement on eBay or somewhere similar, swapping out factory radios should be pretty easy. Or go the Best Buy route and have someone else do it.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 11, 2011 -> 08:45 AM)

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 11, 2011 -> 06:47 PM)
Gotta agree with this, sounds like the amplifier or something went out.

You'll have one fuse going to your radio and that's it, no separate fuses to the speakers. A loose wire would cut in and out most likely and wouldn't take down four speakers at once.

You could check for a replacement on eBay or somewhere similar, swapping out factory radios should be pretty easy. Or go the Best Buy route and have someone else do it.

Thanks guys. Yeah, I'm a mechanical illiterate, so it would be done by someone else.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ May 11, 2011 -> 10:59 AM)
so i sold a book back on amazon and they gave me a $27 gift card to their site... wtf should i buy with it hah

Music on their MP3 site...

QUOTE (farmteam @ May 12, 2011 -> 09:45 PM)
I'll be attending the University of St. Thomas School of Law in Minneapolis next year...now I only have to find a place to live!

Go and curse at the Twins a few times.

QUOTE (farmteam @ May 12, 2011 -> 08:45 PM)
I'll be attending the University of St. Thomas School of Law in Minneapolis next year...now I only have to find a place to live!

We have a HUGE rivalry with the Tommies in lacrosse.