Catch All Anything Thread

kapkomet

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 13, 2011 -> 02:31 PM)
BIG pop up thunderstorms again happening as we speak. Tornado warnings in a couple of counties south of Chicago.

Along the I-75 drive in Northern Georgia, I hit 2 spots where it was clear Tornadoes had crossed the highway in our April outbreak. One had leveled a bunch of buildings (including a Ruby Tuesday), the other had just left a 1/4 mile or so snapped and stripped trees.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 13, 2011 -> 02:32 PM)
Along the I-75 drive in Northern Georgia, I hit 2 spots where it was clear Tornadoes had crossed the highway in our April outbreak. One had leveled a bunch of buildings (including a Ruby Tuesday), the other had just left a 1/4 mile or so snapped and stripped trees.

Tornadoes HATE salad bars.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 16, 2011 -> 01:24 PM)
So, my sister-in-law goes around to pictures on Facebook and "tags" herself in photos she likes... that she is not even in!

Your sister-in-law is an idiot.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 16, 2011 -> 03:52 PM)
Your sister-in-law is an idiot.

She's divorced, had two kids with an abusive BF (who is a registered sex offender) who is now in jail indefinably for beating up a security guard, and is now marrying a mostly jobless guy who has three kids of his own. She now lives in a 3 bedroom trailer with her fiancée and 6 kids. You be the judge.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ May 16, 2011 -> 05:16 PM)
Impressive. For most launch trajectories I don't think you would get a great view so far across the state.

It was just before sunrise, and although you couldn't make out the Shuttle, there was a rising ball of light followed by a contrail. That trail was then slowly illuminated by the rising sun.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 16, 2011 -> 05:16 PM)
FYI if you have Comcast and downloaded Teen Anal Nightmare 2, you are probably going to be receiving notice of a subpoena for a lawsuit. Ive already had 2 calls today about it.

Haha, good thing I have Directv. What is this lawsuit in regards to, though? My cousin got word of a subpoena last week. I wonder if it's related, as he had no idea why he got it.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 16, 2011 -> 04:31 PM)
Only one I saw was from Disney World, probably 12-15 years ago. Didn't see the actual lift-off, but did see the shuttle and the contrail in the sky.

Same thing happened to me when i was a kid. I think it was.. wow... 1989? I am pretty sure it was October 18, 1989 (Space shuttle Atlantis) We were getting off of the boat that goes across the World Showcase Lagoon at EPCOT Center. We got off the boat, turned around, and saw this ball of light streaking across the sky.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 16, 2011 -> 06:34 PM)
Same thing happened to me when i was a kid. I think it was.. wow... 1989? I am pretty sure it was October 18, 1989 (Space shuttle Atlantis) We were getting off of the boat that goes across the World Showcase Lagoon at EPCOT Center. We got off the boat, turned around, and saw this ball of light streaking across the sky.

Speaking of Epcot, I was there today. My family surprised me for graduation with a trip to Disney World, so we did Magic Kingdom yesterday and Epcot today. Both were pretty awesome! (I've never been to Disney World before)

QUOTE (dasox24 @ May 16, 2011 -> 11:47 PM)
Speaking of Epcot, I was there today. My family surprised me for graduation with a trip to Disney World, so we did Magic Kingdom yesterday and Epcot today. Both were pretty awesome! (I've never been to Disney World before)

Hope you got a chance to enjoy a flight or two at Teqila Cava in Mexico. Best EPCOT addition in years.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ May 16, 2011 -> 11:09 PM)
Hope you got a chance to enjoy a flight or two at Teqila Cava in Mexico. Best EPCOT addition in years.

How long has that been there?

Soarin is my favorite Disney World attraction, for sure.