Catch All Anything Thread

kapkomet

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 10:31 PM)
I think disgraced Congressman would be more accurate.

Technically once you have been sworn in as a Congressperson you are able to keep the title for your entire life. It is accurate to refer to a former Congressman as "Congressman Foley" or "Congressman Weiner" regardless of the circumstances. Similarly, once they receive a promotion, they can accurately be referred to by that title. Once they have become a committee chairperson, you can refer to the person as "Chairman/Chairwoman" 20 years later. This continues up the chain..."President Carter..." etc.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 07:59 AM)
Technically once you have been sworn in as a Congressperson you are able to keep the title for your entire life. It is accurate to refer to a former Congressman as "Congressman Foley" or "Congressman Weiner" regardless of the circumstances. Similarly, once they receive a promotion, they can accurately be referred to by that title. Once they have become a committee chairperson, you can refer to the person as "Chairman/Chairwoman" 20 years later. This continues up the chain..."President Carter..." etc.

I think once you have tweeted your junk, disgraced is also correct.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 07:59 AM)

I always understood protocol to dictate that the title may be restored only after death, but that while alive it is "former-President Carter," "ex-Governor Romney," etc. I almost never hear that followed, though.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 12:55 PM)
Big fan of the new Mango Pineapple Smoothies at McDonald's. Their desserts keep getting better and better.

They need more McFlurry flavors, they cut back to M&Ms and Oreos, and I cant stand M&Ms in ice cream and Oreos are just okay. Bring back Reese's McFlurrys.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 02:22 PM)
They need more McFlurry flavors, they cut back to M&Ms and Oreos, and I cant stand M&Ms in ice cream and Oreos are just okay. Bring back Reese's McFlurrys.

They have Rolo McFlurrys now by me.

And their smoothies are pretty good but they're kinda expensive

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 01:28 PM)
They have Rolo McFlurrys now by me.

And their smoothies are pretty good but they're kinda expensive

I gave that flavor a try, and the rolo pieces were dissappointing but they added more caramel in the mix and that was delish. Still, Im a peanut butter and chocolate guy (moreso chocolate), so Im still demanding they bring that back.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 01:22 PM)

M&M's are the best Mcflurry/Blizzard item IMO. I love the rainbow colored streaks in my ice cream with the delicious crunch.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 01:22 PM)

No Reese's?!! Mother******!

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 02:30 PM)
M&M's are the best Mcflurry/Blizzard item IMO. I love the rainbow colored streaks in my ice cream with the delicious crunch.

Oreo Blizzards over everything.

I feel like I'm eating rocks when eating M&M blizzards. Doesn't matter anyway since I'm lac-tarded.

If people have a minute, please help!

One of our local teachers is in a Pepsi contest to win $10,000 for her class to put a library in. Vote at this link and text 106604 to 73774. Elston is currently in 17th place, and the top 15 get funded, so your vote would help a ton! This is a great teacher, who really wants to do right by kids in a school with about an 80% poverty rate.

http://www.refresheverything.com/booksforelston

Thanks guys.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 08:11 AM)
As a fellow 2005 joiner...well done. Now just multiply that by what, 20?

Yeah. By the time I get to 66,000 posts I oughta be about 110 yrs old. Think by then the Cubs will have won a world series? Nah.