Catch All Anything Thread

kapkomet

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 06:29 PM)
Kids go higher. My oldest one does the same thing.

indeed kids do go higher and it is scary. My daughter flirted with 106 when she was 2 and we were on a vacation.

Within a day of getting her temperature down it was like it never happened.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 04:39 PM)
Wow. 104 is close to the danger zone.

She's been that way her entire life. It freaked me out when she was a baby. But, we've found out that Motrin drive the temp down pretty quickly to an acceptable level (100-102)

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 09:44 PM)
indeed kids do go higher and it is scary. My daughter flirted with 106 when she was 2 and we were on a vacation.

The scariest moment I ever had was she was not even a year old, and she slept through the night in her crib... which she NEVER did. I went in to check on her and she was smoking hot. Her temp was 105. Freaked the hell out of me. It ends up she had Hand-foot-mouth disease. She had a temp for 4 days.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jun 19, 2011 -> 11:03 AM)
I'm watching a show on History about Nazi Germany, and I can't stand the way they pronounce reich.

Someone just recently pointed out to me that Hitler was Austrian. I never would have thought that, Austrians seem harmless.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 19, 2011 -> 11:14 AM)
Someone just recently pointed out to me that Hitler was Austrian. I never would have thought that, Austrians seem harmless.

Most are, but from experience some of the biggest assholes Ive met were in Austria.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 19, 2011 -> 12:14 PM)

Yeah, he was a Corporal in the Austrian Army in WWI.

I think he also won the Iron Cross First Class, and was 25% Jewish, but I might be wrong about those two points.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jun 19, 2011 -> 04:04 PM)

I think he also won the Iron Cross First Class, and was 25% Jewish, but I might be wrong about those two points.

Yes, Hitler did earn the 2nd and 1st class iron cross during WWI.

His "racial" background has been a matter of historical debate for a long time. His DNA has been tested and does suggest some general relationship to Jewish origins...but in Europe, what group of people you call "Jewish" is a fairly open question. Some people have argued that one of his grandfathers was jewish. I'll leave answering that to others.

Is it possible to grill badly? Over the last few weeks, I've been doing a lot of it. There has been chicken, steak, cheeseburgers, brats, polish sausage, etc. We have a bunch of seasonings and spices so I kind of just sift through them right before I grill and choose a random assortment that I think will go well with whichever food I'm making. And every single time, the food has been just delicious. I feel like I can just close my eyes and grab a handful of seasonings and it will still be good.

One thing that I've done each time is use lemon juice (one of those little plastic lemon-shaped bottles). I'll give each item a few squeezes of lemon juice. It doesn't add too much in the way of flavor, but it seems to keep everything very juicy.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jun 19, 2011 -> 06:03 PM)
Is it possible to grill badly? Over the last few weeks, I've been doing a lot of it. There has been chicken, steak, cheeseburgers, brats, polish sausage, etc. We have a bunch of seasonings and spices so I kind of just sift through them right before I grill and choose a random assortment that I think will go well with whichever food I'm making. And every single time, the food has been just delicious. I feel like I can just close my eyes and grab a handful of seasonings and it will still be good.

One thing that I've done each time is use lemon juice (one of those little plastic lemon-shaped bottles). I'll give each item a few squeezes of lemon juice. It doesn't add too much in the way of flavor, but it seems to keep everything very juicy.

Absolutely.

Luckily, it's in a man's genetics to be a grillmaster. Meat over fire. It's just right.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 19, 2011 -> 09:02 AM)
She's been that way her entire life. It freaked me out when she was a baby. But, we've found out that Motrin drive the temp down pretty quickly to an acceptable level (100-102)

When you get the superhigh fevers, you can combine tylenol and motrin. It works really well.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jun 19, 2011 -> 03:04 PM)

He narrowly avoided dying in WWI.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jun 19, 2011 -> 05:03 PM)

Ha, that's how I am when I cook. Just grab 5 seasonings that sounds good at the time and wing it. It usually turns out great, unfortunately I can never replicate the recipe for people that ask.

Invest in some cajun seasoning if you don't have any - that stuff is good on anything.

QUOTE (SnB @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 11:04 AM)
Ha, that's how I am when I cook. Just grab 5 seasonings that sounds good at the time and wing it. It usually turns out great, unfortunately I can never replicate the recipe for people that ask.

Invest in some cajun seasoning if you don't have any - that stuff is good on anything.

Definitely, buy that Greco (not sure on hte name) brand where you get like 24oz for $4 ($3 on sale), that stuff is great.

Next time you make burgers, cover both sides of them with this stuff before grilling, then add some grilled onions, slicing blue cheese, and other toppings you prefer. That stuff makes some of the tastiest, juiciest burgers.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 11:07 AM)
Definitely, buy that Greco (not sure on hte name) brand where you get like 24oz for $4 ($3 on sale), that stuff is great.

Next time you make burgers, cover both sides of them with this stuff before grilling, then add some grilled onions, slicing blue cheese, and other toppings you prefer. That stuff makes some of the tastiest, juiciest burgers.

Christ on a cracker, I am starving now. That sounds amazing. Now I need to go pickup one of those bleu cheese-infused fresh patties from a deli and fire up the grill tonight.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 01:53 AM)
There's something really weird about this sentence. I just got a mental image of a person eating Jesus.

I'm pretty sure that "a mental image of a person eating Jesus" is one of the Holy Sacraments.

I didn't claim it was original, but the use of babybell actually created a stretchy cheese in the middle rather than a melted goopy mess. It was the most perfect thing anyone has ever created. We all may kill ourselves.