Catch All Anything Thread

kapkomet

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jun 27, 2011 -> 10:20 AM)
I've wanted to try that for a while but never have. What kind of a flavor/spice is Mongolian Beef?

Tends to be sweet and spicy, almost prepared like many chicken dishes you have had at Chinese restaurants. Of course, "spicy" is objective as I always feel that I need to add more to any dishes Im served.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 27, 2011 -> 03:16 PM)
I never liked Moo Shu anything.

There's something just wrong about eating scrambled eggs with Chinese food.

That is some crazy talk right there. Mei Fun and Egg Foo Young are insanely awesome Chineese dishes made with scrambled egg.

It's official. On this the 27th day of June, 2011, I officially unleashed my stinkiest gas in recorded history. This frightful happening occurred within my closed office, which I evacuated for a period of 20 minutes to grab a glass of water.

Edited by Steve9347

Randomly turned sigs back on to view on the board because I had no clue what mine was. Apparently it's "Hello."

This also prompted me to check my "profile" information on ST. Apparently my favorite Sox minor leaguer is Sergio Miranda. :lol:

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 27, 2011 -> 11:25 PM)
Randomly turned sigs back on to view on the board because I had no clue what mine was. Apparently it's "Hello."

This also prompted me to check my "profile" information on ST. Apparently my favorite Sox minor leaguer is Sergio Miranda. :lol:

I went through my profile info about a month ago too. It was like opening a time capsule.

I am 21 years old and I may have gone through every single f***ing dental procedure. Today was the icing on the cake, I went to a periodontist (spelling?) to get some gum removed so that they could put a crown on a tooth that had an extensive root canal done on it. But, the damage was to severe so they decided to pull it, which makes it my 9th tooth pulled. I hate how this pretty much all started because of what turned out to be a s***ty orthodontist I had in Michigan.

Edited by bigruss22

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 12:58 PM)
I am 21 years old and I may have gone through every single f***ing dental procedure. Today was the icing on the cake, I went to a periodontist (spelling?) to get some gum removed so that they could put a crown on a tooth that had an extensive root canal done on it. But, the damage was to severe so they decided to pull it, which makes it my 5th tooth pulled. I hate how this pretty much all started because of what turned out to be a s***ty orthodontist I had in Michigan.

That blows.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 02:09 PM)
That blows.

Im pretty much just pissed at the first orthodontist for telling me that if I pull 4 teeth than when my wisdom teeth came in they wouldnt have to be pulled. Well that turned into an extra 3 years of braces, all while letting my wisdom teeth continue to come in horizontal, causing a fantastic area for bacteria to grow between one of the wisdom teeth and one of hte teeth in back. This led to me having to get the wisdom teeth pulled and getting a root canal done on that tooth. Now that tooth was too damaged and only after they f***ed with my gums back there did they decide to pull it.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 12:10 AM)
Anyone ever take an interview you feel unqualified for? I got it from a referral within the company, so I'm not sure what to expect, but I'm going with it anyways.

Holy hell, you're still rockin' the Widgenator sig?!?!?

Anyone ever take an interview you feel unqualified for? I got it from a referral within the company, so I'm not sure what to expect, but I'm going with it anyways.

Just go in knowing your strengths and ready for standard questions, and ask a friend in the organization what to expect if you can. At the same time, don't bulls*** them in your answers, if you don't know something tell them, but make sure you tell them in a way that shows you will go out and find the answer to that question.

Absolutely. It is great practice for selling yourself, and could be the seed that gets you something later. Research and prepare how you could grow into the position, and the things that make your ready for it.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 27, 2011 -> 11:25 PM)

My old AAP! He's still drifting around the minors, he actually came up in conversation in FS yesterday.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 01:20 PM)
Absolutely. It is great practice for selling yourself, and could be the seed that gets you something later. Research and prepare how you could grow into the position, and the things that make your ready for it.

Been running a lot of interviews lately, and something that always stands out about the best applicants are those that have a lot of great questions about the company, the position, etc. Like you say, doing research about the company is a must.

Figured Wednesday night is as good as any to get hammered. One of those nights that I realize "hey, wake up to do press clips at 6am daily as a opposition researcher even though we have a press shop" makes me hate working in politics. Memorial Day when I requested off a month prior? Nope, wake up at 6 on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday to do the press clips for an office that will be empty for the entire f***ing weekend. Fourth of July when I get an email saying the office will be closed for 4 days, but then I get a special appendum instructing me to still do the morning press clips every day for an office THAT WILL BE CLOSED?!

Entirely unrelated sidebar: anyone hiring a researcher/program assistant?

Entirely related siderbar: this probably belongs in the I Am Drunk. (but where is the I Hate My Job thread?)