2011 Films Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Javier Bardem or Viggo Mortensen for the role of Roland Deschain?

The character was actually written with Clint Eastwood in mind(as you can see in the book art very plainly), but obviously that ship has sailed since the books were begun by Stephen King over 30 years ago. There were rumors that Brad Pitt wanted the role pretty bad too, but I dont know about that anymore. If I were to choose between Mortensen and Bardem, I would be more partial to Bardem because of the "look" that he has, but at the same time I picture Roland as a much taller person than both of these actors. JMO

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Jan 1, 2011 -> 08:00 PM)
cant wait to see the new Fast and Furious. By the way anyone looking to see the Little Fockers movie i just saw it the other night and thought it was pretty good

Is the green button not working?

Ok, The Town has arrived in the mail. This will give me something to watch tonight after the Orange Bowl, or if the game ends up being a clunker.

I am excited to see it.

Another movie that came in the mail is The Disappearance of Alice Creed. Anyone see this yet?

PBS starting FEb 1st i believe.

24 year old chicagoan Ignaty Vischnevetsky sp who writes for the reader and mubi.com was chosen out of nowhere, and i sort of know him, i thought it was pretty cool. He's definitely not ben lyons.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 5, 2011 -> 11:28 AM)
PBS starting FEb 1st i believe.

24 year old chicagoan Ignaty Vischnevetsky sp who writes for the reader and mubi.com was chosen out of nowhere, and i sort of know him, i thought it was pretty cool. He's definitely not ben lyons.

Nice. I'll definitely check it out.

I'm catching up on movies now that there are actually quite a few out on DVD worth seeing. Recently I took in Inception and The Other Guys. I thought Inception was very well done and not as confusing as many made it out to be. The Other Guys was hilarious. It was a little clunky at times, but the banter between Will Farrell and Mark Wahlberg was great.