2011 Films Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 25, 2011 -> 04:28 PM)
HUGO is really an excellent film.

With so much money invested into it, they have done a horrible marketing/advertising job with that campaign.

Whoever was in charge of it will undoubtedly lose their job over it, because the movie's almost brilliant and film-making at its best, along with MI/Ghost Protocol.

One review I read explained it so well, it's a kids movie actually made for adults.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/furtively-f...ase-file,61684/

Great article/review/criticism analyzing SUCKER PUNCH

It really was outstanding...I loved Sascha Baron Cohen...

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Felix @ Dec 28, 2011 -> 11:26 AM)
Adventures of Tintin was a great adaptation of the book, very enjoyable. Definitely recommend seeing it if you've read the books.

Well it was adapted by the guy who writes all the best Doctor Who episodes (Moffat), the guy who directed the excellent Attack the Block (Cornish) and Edgar f***ing Wright.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 28, 2011 -> 11:24 PM)
I am slightly intoxicated and watching Human Centipede 2 right now. This is what my mind does with all the holiday time off.

I expect to be disgusted and oddly aroused the next 90 minutes or so. Full review to follow.

I read the synopsis. That is the most repulsive thing on the planet.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Dec 28, 2011 -> 04:48 PM)
Well it was adapted by the guy who writes all the best Doctor Who episodes (Moffat), the guy who directed the excellent Attack the Block (Cornish) and Edgar f***ing Wright.

I had been waiting at least two years for attack the block, and i was hardly disappointed. I was not even ten minutes in and i thought about you, considering you are a big fan of edgar wright, simon pegg, and nick frost. Anyway, there are talks of a remake, sequel, or a t.v. series... the latter two would star john boyega, the star of the first.

Says Cornish of Boyega's idea:

"He had an image of Moses on a police horse. You know the police in London who have those horses they use in riots...somehow Moses has got onto one of those horses. So he's on a horse leading this army of South London kids across the river to take on this bigger wave of aliens." As for what Wright had in store for a sequel, he wouldn't reveal that just yet.

Let's say cornish and wright are involved in a sequel or a tv series, i would personally be up for either option. Cornish also just got done with the adventures of tintin, which felix apparently enjoyed highly (as if his opinion really matters). Cornish is also writing ant-man with wright... so i expected nothing less than a damn good film. At least i personally consider it the biggest sleeper out of all the superhero films coming out the next few years.

Also, if you have not heard of this yet, edgar wright has been running this film festival the last couple years now, which has some big, and interesting names as guests. The wright stuff...

Edited by qwerty

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 29, 2011 -> 10:47 AM)
I thought Hesher was a good movie. A bit sad.

It reminded me of "Everything Must Go" and the Ben Stiller "dark comedy" Greenberg.

But JGL was awesome, big fan of his, 500 Days of Summer and 50/50 as well, all close to great movies.

Has anyone seen WAR HORSE since Sunday? The Artist?

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Dec 29, 2011 -> 09:43 AM)
The filmmaker wants to make a third movie and push the boundaries even further. I think someone needs to stop him.

Seriously, near the end when the pregnant chick escapes, gives turbo birth to the kid in the car, then smashes said child's head on the gas pedal. Holy s***.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 29, 2011 -> 05:06 PM)
Seriously, near the end when the pregnant chick escapes, gives turbo birth to the kid in the car, then smashes said child's head on the gas pedal. Holy s***.

Repugnant. I hope you can get those images out of your head, Steve.

In the viewing line now....

Sherlock Holmes

The Descendants

We Bought a Zoo

A Dangerous Method

A Separation (foreign language, Iran)

Beginners (Ewan Magregor, Christopher Plummer)

Pina

Rampart (Woody Harrelson)

maybe I'll give the opening sequence of TREE OF LIFE another shot

Edited by caulfield12