2011 Video Game Catch-All Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (knightni @ Apr 30, 2010 -> 06:05 PM)
Would a video game Redbox system be popular?

Five dollars for a 1 day rental - $2 a day late charge - after 30 days the game is yours to keep.

Hey whattayaknow? They did it.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 13, 2011 -> 02:27 AM)
Yeah it's only $1.

I'm surprised that no one has stolen them yet.

It's kinda hard, you either destroy the redbox and take everything, or you need a credit card to get the game rented.

Credit cards tend to be linked to personal info and get charged when you don't return something.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 13, 2011 -> 08:52 AM)
It's kinda hard, you either destroy the redbox and take everything, or you need a credit card to get the game rented.

Credit cards tend to be linked to personal info and get charged when you don't return something.

That's why you steal er... borrow someone else's card first.

:lolhitting

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 13, 2011 -> 08:52 AM)

Prepaid card?

Wait, did I say that?

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 15, 2011 -> 01:46 PM)
Would anyone be potentially interested in splitting an OOTP 12 licsense

It's a waste of money. I've been buying it every year since OOTP 6, and I've finally stopped. They haven't had any real progress in awhile, and it's not worth the $30 they charge (or even $15 as a split).

Edited by Felix

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 15, 2011 -> 01:46 PM)
Would anyone be potentially interested in splitting an OOTP 12 licsense

Just get OOTP 11

Its $19.99 and it already comes with the 2010 rosters.. I think the only difference is 12 comes with the 2011 rosters, but 11 is a great game.. it blows OOTP 6.5 out of the water

QUOTE (The '05 Sound @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 12:02 AM)
Anyone buy/been playing NCAA? Mine is coming tomorrow for 360

Me, the game is a great improvement on the series

I started a Tulane dynasty on All-American, played every game, and I finished the season 7-5 and have a bowl game against Fresno State

The coaching contracts are great too, I created my coach with the intention of eventually getting to my Alma Mater UCLA as head coach and turning them into a dynasty.. Working your way up to jobs was a very nice add

QUOTE (T R U @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 02:10 AM)
Me, the game is a great improvement on the series

I started a Tulane dynasty on All-American, played every game, and I finished the season 7-5 and have a bowl game against Fresno State

The coaching contracts are great too, I created my coach with the intention of eventually getting to my Alma Mater UCLA as head coach and turning them into a dynasty.. Working your way up to jobs was a very nice add

I was debating what difficulty to start mine on cus it just seems like All-American is sometimes too easy but if you went 7-5 there must be some challenges, even though it was Tulane.

When I was reading into it the coaching carousel thing is something that really peaked my interest because I am one of those guys that gets this game and gets really into the out of game stuff, I love it (same way in NHL too)

I wish more people on here played ncaa on here on 360, we could get an online dynasty going.

Have you started your Road to Glory or whatever they are calling it, what positions you choose with that?

Edited by The '05 Sound

QUOTE (The '05 Sound @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 02:18 AM)
I was debating what difficulty to start mine on cus it just seems like All-American is sometimes too easy but if you went 7-5 there must be some challenges, even though it was Tulane.

When I was reading into it the coaching carousel thing is something that really peaked my interest because I am one of those guys that gets this game and gets really into the out of game stuff, I love it (same way in NHL too)

I wish more people on here played ncaa on here on 360, we could get an online dynasty going.

Have you started your Road to Glory or whatever they are calling it, what positions you choose with that?

Yes, All American definitely seems a little tougher than previous years.. I have been hearing Heisman is damn near impossible.. Tulane is a 1 Star school at 69 overall for their roster, so I don't know if I will be slaughtering people once I get some players but the first year was pretty challenging..

Road to Glory is SO MUCH better than it used to be.. the practices mean something, and you actually work to move up the depth chart.. you get XP for games/packages and you use that XP to buy upgrades for your guy.. like you can buy single game boosts that raise your ratings in certain areas for just that game, or you can buy the season ones that are permanent.. obviously, they cost more

QUOTE (T R U @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 02:10 AM)

Yeah except its impossible to get a good job offer outside of the school youre already at. I won 5 National titles in a row as Alabamas OC, then i won 3 in a row as Indianas HC, and in the offseason the only team to offer me a HC job was Buffalo, (Chris Carter Voice) Cmon Man!!!!!! I cant play this game until a patch gets released and I saw on the operation sports forums that the Super Linebackers are going to get patched FINALLY! :headbang I hate that the only reason the defense is tougher in this years version is because the computer cheats more with super linebackers and psychic DB's that run your receivers routes before your receiver does.

QUOTE (T R U @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 02:07 AM)
Just get OOTP 11

Its $19.99 and it already comes with the 2010 rosters.. I think the only difference is 12 comes with the 2011 rosters, but 11 is a great game.. it blows OOTP 6.5 out of the water

I'm still going strong on 11.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 08:26 AM)
Yeah except its impossible to get a good job offer outside of the school youre already at. I won 5 National titles in a row as Alabamas OC, then i won 3 in a row as Indianas HC, and in the offseason the only team to offer me a HC job was Buffalo, (Chris Carter Voice) Cmon Man!!!!!! I cant play this game until a patch gets released and I saw on the operation sports forums that the Super Linebackers are going to get patched FINALLY! :headbang I hate that the only reason the defense is tougher in this years version is because the computer cheats more with super linebackers and psychic DB's that run your receivers routes before your receiver does.

That s*** does drive me nuts. I don't have a problem throwing picks if I do something stupid, but I get annoyed when guys in zone coverage jump 6 feet in the air to grab passes intender for receivers at least 5 yards past them or guys that are behind and outside a receiver on a post suddenly end up in perfect position when the ball is in the air. I've gotten to the point where I can throw one INT most games on 30-40 attempts, but still get abused by the coverage every now and then.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 12:48 PM)
That s*** does drive me nuts. I don't have a problem throwing picks if I do something stupid, but I get annoyed when guys in zone coverage jump 6 feet in the air to grab passes intender for receivers at least 5 yards past them or guys that are behind and outside a receiver on a post suddenly end up in perfect position when the ball is in the air. I've gotten to the point where I can throw one INT most games on 30-40 attempts, but still get abused by the coverage every now and then.

My buddy and I had to put our Dynasty on FRESHMAN, just because of the damn linebackers. We win every game like 60-7, but when we played on the higher levels, the linebackers would deflect EVERY DAMN PASS, and we struggled to score more than 1 touchdown a game. Now, mind you we both created players, so 99% of the plays are throws from his QB to my TE, so we aren't mixing in a run game or anything to throw off the D, but the jumping and reactions of those LB's are simply infuriated.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 02:35 PM)
I had the same issue with the linebacker always jumping up and swatting the ball away. Try not throwing the bullet pass. I think that's what causes that to happen.

Yeah, but even when I push the stick up, to influence the pass higher, the linebacker still gets to a pass that is going to land 15 yards behind him. It's not like I was throwing bullets through coverage and a hand was put up, those guys just leaped like no other.