2011 Video Game Catch-All Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DonkeyKongerko @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 12:24 AM)
Did everyone receive an email from PSN? I'm wondering if I'm ok since I only got PS3 recently and maybe signed in once but didn't play anything online.

I never received the email, and i've been connected/buying movies and games for years.

Word was on Twitter a couple days ago that 2.2 million credit cards with CVVs went on sale. I don't know if that's true or not, but if you've used your credit card on PSN please change it. You don't want to be caught with your dick in your hand.

Word was on Twitter a couple days ago that 2.2 million credit cards with CVVs went on sale. I don't know if that's true or not, but if you've used your credit card on PSN please change it. You don't want to be caught with your dick in your hand.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 04:59 PM)

Already changed the old debit card. I felt like my dad circa 1992 going to get money for the weekend today.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 06:24 PM)
How can I check what credit card was used? I know my mom's credit card is linked to my PSN account, but I have no idea which one.

have her check her bill for the monthly charge and tell her to cancel it because of the compromise

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 11:24 PM)
How can I check what credit card was used? I know my mom's credit card is linked to my PSN account, but I have no idea which one.

Usually when you make a PSN purchase, it sends you an email. It should have the last 4 digits of the CC there.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 05:44 PM)
Already changed the old debit card. I felt like my dad circa 1992 going to get money for the weekend today.

Yeah I saw that news today and ordered a new card immediately. I'll probably stick to prepaid cards for PSN from now on as well.

i absolutely love this headset.. i dont know how i lived without something like this.. the dual bluetooth function is awesome especially on PS3, i can stream music from my phone now, so that eliminates my need for PS3 to have custom music on every game (now i just need party chat and ill be set), and i can answer phone calls from T R U while im playing demons souls, through the headset.. the only problem im having is that it only has one optical IN port on it so if i want to switch between xbox and ps3 i have to keep unplugging and replugging the optical cable from system to system.. other than that its absolutely amazing

Mass Effect 3 delayed to 2012 Q1 now.

I think there's pretty much a direct correlation to this, and the reception that Dragon Age 2 got, which they pretty much rushed out.

If it takes an extra 3-6 months for them to make the game as good as ME2 was, I'm happy with that.

More Sony data loss.

The crisis at Sony deepened on Tuesday as it admitted that an extra 25 million customers who played games on its Sony Online Entertainment (SOE) PC games network have had their personal details stolen – and that they were taken before the theft of 77 million peoples' details on the PlayStation Network (PSN).

The electronics giant said the names, addresses, emails, birth dates, phone numbers and other information from PC games customers were stolen from its servers as well as an "outdated database" from 2007 which contained details of around 23,400 people outside the US. That includes 10,700 direct debit records for customers in Austria, Germany, the Netherlands and Spain, Sony said.

The dataset was stolen on 16 and 17 April, before the PSN break-in, which occurred from 17 to 19 April. Sony said that it had not previously thought that the data was copied by the hackers who broke into its systems.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 6, 2011 -> 12:28 PM)
Sounds like Sony is willing to foot the bill for an identity theft insurance policy for everyone involved. That's something I guess...

Smart.

Now, when the f*** does PSN come back up!? :angry:

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 6, 2011 -> 12:28 PM)
Sounds like Sony is willing to foot the bill for an identity theft insurance policy for everyone involved. That's something I guess...

LOL. They are going to pay some company 50 bucks a year just to call you and let you know someone is trying to open a card in your name?

The credit bureaus do that for free. There is no identity theft protection. If someone wants your info, they can get it. Just ask that dumbass that started that lifelock company and put his SSN all over billboards and advertisements claiming it couldnt be stolen because of lifelock. Guess what, it was stolen and used.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 6, 2011 -> 01:25 PM)
Just ask that dumbass that started that lifelock company and put his SSN all over billboards and advertisements claiming it couldnt be stolen because of lifelock. Guess what, it was stolen and used.

I hadn't heard that last part. Hilarious.