2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone watch Battlestar Galactica? My wife and I picked it up to replace Lost and other various shows that are on break. Over the last couple months we've gotten through about half of season 4. So far it's been pretty entertaining. It's a lot like Lost, in that some of the "hook" episodes are dynamite, but some of the filler episodes are pretty rough to get through.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 3, 2011 -> 12:11 PM)
I'm up to the middle of season 2 of my Mad Men marathon. Excellent show.

Yes, it's one of the best shows on television.

I've been watching Lie To Me. I am in love with Kelli Williams.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 3, 2011 -> 08:59 PM)
Any good new shows starting up that people can recommend? My DVR is solely lacking after most of my shows ended last year. I know V starts back up this week.

Same here.

Need a new episode of the Challenge to begin.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 3, 2011 -> 08:42 PM)
WTF was that ending on HIMYM????

Not gonna lie, got a tad emotional at that.

The numbers counting down was rather destracting to me.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jan 4, 2011 -> 06:41 AM)
Anyone else concerned with Fringe being moved to Fridays? This is a great show that may not make it because of this move.

Another case of Fox burying one of their good shows? Say it aint so

I wish they would hurry up and film The Walking Dead already. Waiting until September is going to be brutal

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 3, 2011 -> 06:36 PM)
Yes, it's one of the best shows on television.

We watched the episode last night where Don bought a new car and took the family out for a picnic. He proceeded to toss his beer can and Betty left all the trash on the grass as they were leaving. My wife and I were like wtf. Were people completely ok with littering back then or something? Was just weird to see.

Edited by BigSqwert

That HIMYM ending was so out of nowhere,

the second Marshall's dad didn't pick up, I was like "Uh, Oh..."

It was very much like a vintage early Scrubs. The numbers thing was a tad distracting, btu I enjoyed it. Maybe didn't need to put both the Numbers AND that ending in the same episode, but hey....

Also, are people watching shows on MTV ironically, like because they are train wrecks? Or do you actually enjoy them, on the same level you would enjoy a well acted, WRITTEN comedy or drama?

Cause unless you're under the age of 16, or have some weird (and awesome) satellite dish that picks up the MTV feed from 1993 there's no reason to watch that network.

QUOTE (Cali @ Jan 4, 2011 -> 01:57 PM)

It was very much like a vintage early Scrubs. The numbers thing was a tad distracting, btu I enjoyed it. Maybe didn't need to put both the Numbers AND that ending in the same episode, but hey....

Also, are people watching shows on MTV ironically, like because they are train wrecks? Or do you actually enjoy them, on the same level you would enjoy a well acted, WRITTEN comedy or drama?

Cause unless you're under the age of 16, or have some weird (and awesome) satellite dish that picks up the MTV feed from 1993 there's no reason to watch that network.

Preach!

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 4, 2011 -> 10:29 AM)
We watched the episode last night where Don bought a new car and took the family out for a picnic. He proceeded to toss his beer can and Betty left all the trash on the grass as they were leaving. My wife and I were like wtf. Were people completely ok with littering back then or something? Was just weird to see.

They do stuff like that on purpose, just to point out the contrast in the way things were. That's why whenever there is a scene in a doctor's office, the doctor is smoking. People smoking in elevators. The kids in season 1 wearing the dry cleaning plastic over their heads. The kids always fighting in the car and jumping over the seats without any seatbelts on. The pregnant women smoking and drinking.

It's one of the reasons I like the show, to see how our parents and grandparents lived...

It was kind of strange seeing Jon Hamm in The Town last night because I am so accustomed to him being Don Draper.

QUOTE (Cali @ Jan 4, 2011 -> 12:57 PM)

I don't watch those Teen pregnant shows or anything. I will watch at least the first 3 weeks of every Real World season to see if I like it and watch the Challenge seasons. It's not like I take it as serious entertainment. I watch so may well written dramas and sitcoms that I enjoy mindless fun once a week.

QUOTE (Cali @ Jan 4, 2011 -> 12:57 PM)

Eh, I'll admit that I don't miss an episode of Jersey Shore. It's complete and absolute garbage but it's seriously one of the more entertaining shows you can watch.