2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 13, 2011 -> 02:55 PM)
I don't even understand what's going on at this point. Did you seriously think that I saw the entire epic scene of Gus getting his face blown off, commented on it, and then forgot it entirely? You aren't making any sense right now. Obviously Hector killed Gus, my point was that Gus was on his way to kill Hector, that was the reason he went to the old folks home, that's the reason he had a syringe in his hand. Obviously they both died in the explosion that Hector triggered, but the point still remains that Gus was going to kill Hector.

But the only reason Gus was going to kill Hector was because it was set up by Walt. He arranged to have Hector go to the FBI (and say nothing), making it look like Hector had talked. Gus had no chance to kill Hector before his face was blown off. If you really want to argue semantics, Walt killed Gus...and Hector too for that matter. But Hector triggered the bomb therefore killing Gus.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 13, 2011 -> 02:55 PM)
I don't even understand what's going on at this point. Did you seriously think that I saw the entire epic scene of Gus getting his face blown off, commented on it, and then forgot it entirely? You aren't making any sense right now. Obviously Hector killed Gus, my point was that Gus was on his way to kill Hector, that was the reason he went to the old folks home, that's the reason he had a syringe in his hand. Obviously they both died in the explosion that Hector triggered, but the point still remains that Gus was going to kill Hector.

Gus was more than content to let Hector die with his thoughts as long as it took. Then Walt set the bait, initiating Gus's intent to kill. It's not rocket science, yo.

There's no one in this thread who thinks you were right but yourself... doesn't that say something?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 13, 2011 -> 04:15 PM)
Gus was more than content to let Hector die with his thoughts as long as it took. Then Walt set the bait, initiating Gus's intent to kill. It's not rocket science, yo.

There's no one in this thread who thinks you were right but yourself... doesn't that say something?

I'm not sure why you even jumped in and resurrected this in the first place. But since we are going for another lap.....

Answer this question....

Prior to Gus dying, aka, the bomb going off, did Gus have ANY plans to kill Hector?

And I don't want to hear 'Blah blah blah not until Walt conjured a plan with Hector to have him go to the DEA". Yes, I understand the plot. But the answer is YES, Gus DID plan to kill Hector. It DOES NOT MATTER at what point in time in the story he decided to do, the answer is still the same. And THAT is what I had predicted earlier, that Gus would have plans to kill Hector (and he OBVIOUSLY tried to).

I could also make a prediction that Walt Jr. becomes a meth addict in the next season. Just because nothing has set the actions in motion for that to happen, and just because Walt Jr. has never tried it before, or come in contact with it before does make mean if it happens my predictions is any less valid.

Did Gus have any plans to kill Hector when I made the prediction? Maybe not. But that's irrelevant, because in the end HE DID HAVE THOSE PLANS. So therefor, I was correct.

Now why are we continuing to go in circles over this again? I'm sure everyone else is just as tired of reading this stupid conversation as I am at this point.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 11, 2011 -> 10:02 AM)
I believe that's how most people got it, as did I.

Joe, I'm gonna give up. Anyone could see that Gus had no plans to kill him. If you can't even get that, perhaps you should watch something a little more ham-fisted.

It couldn't be more OBVIOUS that Gus would never have killed Hector, if not for Walt intervening. That was the entire point of the elaborate setup. Walt even said 'What am I supposed to do, hide out at the old folk's home for 6 months and wait for Gus to pay him a visit'?

So Milk was absolutely correct, and a character in the show even interpreted it the same way, and thus devised a plan to change this, causing Gus to indeed seek to kill Hector.

Half the damn final episode was devoted to changing this course of events in order to kill one of the main characters!

And I'm sorry, but as soon as you heard Jesse say some obscure plant was the cause of Brock's poisoning, it was like the writer's FLASHING HUGE NEON BLINKING LIGHTS saying WALT IS RESPONSIBLE. The only reason they showed the damn shot of the plant at the end would be to quell the conspiracy theorists from coming up with some nonsensical bs about how it was not Walt, and then the writers having to ultimately admit at some later point that it was indeed Walt who did it.

Such a great season, and such a good show. They even made Jesse and Skyler more likable characters for me, which was a source of major frustration for me during the first three seasons.

After a couple of stinkers, Community picked it back up tonight with an excellent episode. Not sure if anyone watches it in here since there generally isn't too much talk of it, but if you stopped after the first few of this season, give it a shot. It's good.

QUOTE (Felix @ Oct 13, 2011 -> 10:08 PM)
After a couple of stinkers, Community picked it back up tonight with an excellent episode. Not sure if anyone watches it in here since there generally isn't too much talk of it, but if you stopped after the first few of this season, give it a shot. It's good.

I watch it. I was really close to dropping it, but tonight was ok enough to keep me interested. Season 1 was epic, I kept waiting for season 2 to be as good and it just couldn't get there (though the paintball scenes with Josh Holloway were pretty dope), and season 3 had been rough up until this one. I wish Chang had just stayed a Spanish teach. Episodes where they work him in too much are just miserable.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 13, 2011 -> 10:31 PM)
I watch it. I was really close to dropping it, but tonight was ok enough to keep me interested. Season 1 was epic, I kept waiting for season 2 to be as good and it just couldn't get there (though the paintball scenes with Josh Holloway were pretty dope), and season 3 had been rough up until this one. I wish Chang had just stayed a Spanish teach. Episodes where they work him in too much are just miserable.

I strongly disagree with you about season 2. I thought it was fantastic.

Hyperbole alert: The D&D episode is one of the best sitcom episodes I've seen in a long, long, long time.

Community lost me about halfway through season 2. A shame because I absolutely loved season 1 as well.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 13, 2011 -> 10:53 PM)
It couldn't be more OBVIOUS that Gus would never have killed Hector, if not for Walt intervening. That was the entire point of the elaborate setup. Walt even said 'What am I supposed to do, hide out at the old folk's home for 6 months and wait for Gus to pay him a visit'?

Sigh.....

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 13, 2011 -> 05:21 PM)
Prior to Gus dying, aka, the bomb going off, did Gus have ANY plans to kill Hector?

And I don't want to hear 'Blah blah blah not until Walt conjured a plan with Hector to have him go to the DEA". Yes, I understand the plot. But the answer is YES, Gus DID plan to kill Hector. It DOES NOT MATTER at what point in time in the story he decided to do, the answer is still the same. And THAT is what I had predicted earlier, that Gus would have plans to kill Hector (and he OBVIOUSLY tried to).

I could also make a prediction that Walt Jr. becomes a meth addict in the next season. Just because nothing has set the actions in motion for that to happen, and just because Walt Jr. has never tried it before, or come in contact with it before does make mean if it happens my predictions is any less valid.

Did Gus have any plans to kill Hector when I made the prediction? Maybe not. But that's irrelevant, because in the end HE DID HAVE THOSE PLANS. So therefor, I was correct.

Now why are we continuing to go in circles over this again? I'm sure everyone else is just as tired of reading this stupid conversation as I am at this point.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 13, 2011 -> 04:21 PM)
It DOES NOT MATTER at what point in time in the story he decided to do, the answer is still the same. And THAT is what I had predicted earlier, that Gus would have plans to kill Hector (and he OBVIOUSLY tried to).

You said Hector would "get his" in terms of having killed Gus's friend. Gus only decided to kill Hector because he thought Hector was ratting him out.

Was he killing Hector to get his revenge for the murder of his buddy yay those many years ago?

No.

Was he killing Hector to protect himself in the event he be called to testify and/or in the event that Hector was a threat to his well-being?

Yes.

Your "prediction" could not have been more wrong, could still not be more wrong, and it continues to baffle me that you argue and quote yourself like that matters.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 14, 2011 -> 12:11 AM)
You said Hector would "get his" in terms of having killed Gus's friend. Gus only decided to kill Hector because he thought Hector was ratting him out.

Was he killing Hector to get his revenge for the murder of his buddy yay those many years ago?

No.

Was he killing Hector to protect himself in the event he be called to testify and/or in the event that Hector was a threat to his well-being?

Yes.

Your "prediction" could not have been more wrong, could still not be more wrong, and it continues to baffle me that you argue and quote yourself like that matters.

Oh so now you have turned "get his" to mean that I specifically meant be killed because he killed Gus' partner years ago, and not just "be killed". Might as well change "get his" to "get his big bowl of applesauce" while you are at it since you are trying to tell me what I really meant by it.

I never said "for revenge", even later when it was asked what I meant by "get his" i said, "be killed by Gus", not "Gus would GET HIS revenge" or anything of that nature. Simple prediction.

But seriously. This must be a joke by now. I mean, this is some Grade-A trolling, and I applaud you for it, you really had me going for a while.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 13, 2011 -> 11:52 PM)
Oh so now you have turned "get his" to mean that I specifically meant be killed because he killed Gus' partner years ago, and not just "be killed". Might as well change "get his" to "get his big bowl of applesauce" while you are at it since you are trying to tell me what I really meant by it.

I never said "for revenge", even later when it was asked what I meant by "get his" i said, "be killed by Gus", not "Gus would GET HIS revenge" or anything of that nature. Simple prediction.

But seriously. This must be a joke by now. I mean, this is some Grade-A trolling, and I applaud you for it, you really had me going for a while.

Wow. Stop backtracking. Hector dying and taking Gus with him is absolutely the best possible scenario for him. How that means he "got his", I will never understand.

You were the opposite of correct.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 14, 2011 -> 01:17 AM)
Wow. Stop backtracking. Hector dying and taking Gus with him is absolutely the best possible scenario for him. How that means he "got his", I will never understand.

You were the opposite of correct.

Lol, best possible scernario? Why are we talking about what was best for Hector in that situation? How did that get in to this conversation? Will this ever end?

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 13, 2011 -> 10:56 PM)
Sigh.....

So what you're saying is that I, or anyone else for that matter, can make an argument based on a certain premise, i.e., if A happens then B will result, and regardless of whether A actually ever happens, as long as B results, I am therefore correct?

Do you understand how ridiculous and illogical that is?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 14, 2011 -> 01:44 AM)
So what you're saying is that I, or anyone else for that matter, can make an argument based on a certain premise, i.e., if A happens then B will result, and regardless of whether A actually ever happens, as long as B results, I am therefore correct?

Do you understand how ridiculous and illogical that is?

I never said "If A, then B". I just said "B will happen", and then "B did happen". Doesn't matter what A was like, or how to got to B, but if B was the only thing I said, and it happens, then the mode in which it got there is irrelevant.

Again, if I make the prediction of saying "Walt Jr. will be addicted to meth", does it even matter that at this point he doesn't even do meth, let alone currently have the possibility of being addicted to it if he has never tried it? No. All it means is that I think he will get addicted to it. Whether he gets addicted by force, because he wants to be, or for any other reason, if the result is the same, then my prediction would be correct.

Edited by JoeCoolMan24

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 14, 2011 -> 12:55 AM)
I never said "If A, then B". I just said "B will happen", and then "B did happen". Doesn't matter what A was like, or how to got to B, but if B was the only thing I said, and it happens, then the mode in which it got there is irrelevant.

Again, if I make the prediction of saying "Walt Jr. will be addicted to meth", does it even matter that at this point he doesn't even do meth, let alone currently have the possibility of being addicted to it if he has never tried it? No. All it means is that I think he will get addicted to it. Whether he gets addicted by force, because he wants to be, or for any other reason, if the result is the same, then my prediction would be correct.

No. You predicted Hector would "get his," based on Gus visiting the old folks' home and the flashbacks of Hector killing Gus' boy toy.

What happened is Hector actually made sure Gus "got his," by killing him.

It's not difficult to ascertain what your implication was from your prediction.

Your point is further weakened by the fact that your prediction was not even correct.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Oct 14, 2011 -> 08:07 AM)
Since about 75% of the posts here are now about Breaking Bad...why not create a separate thread like there was for Lost? Just kinda annoying to sift through them for those that don't watch. Not a huge deal, just a thought

Not a bad idea honestly. Though with the show over for this season, I guess we can do just like the Cubs, and wait til next year.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Oct 14, 2011 -> 08:07 AM)
Since about 75% of the posts here are now about Breaking Bad...why not create a separate thread like there was for Lost? Just kinda annoying to sift through them for those that don't watch. Not a huge deal, just a thought

Imagine how I feel.....I'm almost done with season 2. Too many spoilers have sifted through my brain already :lolhitting

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 13, 2011 -> 11:11 PM)

No.

Yes.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 13, 2011 -> 09:53 PM)

So Milk was absolutely correct, and a character in the show even interpreted it the same way, and thus devised a plan to change this, causing Gus to indeed seek to kill Hector.

Half the damn final episode was devoted to changing this course of events in order to kill one of the main characters!

And I'm sorry, but as soon as you heard Jesse say some obscure plant was the cause of Brock's poisoning, it was like the writer's FLASHING HUGE NEON BLINKING LIGHTS saying WALT IS RESPONSIBLE. The only reason they showed the damn shot of the plant at the end would be to quell the conspiracy theorists from coming up with some nonsensical bs about how it was not Walt, and then the writers having to ultimately admit at some later point that it was indeed Walt who did it.

Such a great season, and such a good show. They even made Jesse and Skyler more likable characters for me, which was a source of major frustration for me during the first three seasons.

:lol:

And I feel the same way about the bold part.

QUOTE (Felix @ Oct 13, 2011 -> 10:35 PM)
I strongly disagree with you about season 2. I thought it was fantastic.

Hyperbole alert: The D&D episode is one of the best sitcom episodes I've seen in a long, long, long time.

Loved that episode.

Just like The Hangover Part II.