2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

Homeland really ratcheting it up.

Boardwalk Empire was great last night. I'm really curious to see what they're going to do with the new Irish guy, I could see him becoming really important. Also, I've never really felt like Jimmy's heart was in on going against Nucky; with the Commodore's stroke, I could see him going back to Nucky's side.

Also, what's up with Gillian and Jimmy? There's clearly supposed to be some sort of incestuous subtext going on.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 17, 2011 -> 05:20 PM)
loved this weeks Dexter, especially Ronny Cox as Walter Kenney/The Tooth Fairy. really looking forward to next week to see what the 4 horseman scene is all about

I hope this about Dexter.

That they don't pull a Sixth Sense type scenerio with Alpha/Omega were the old guy is imaginary to Colin Hanks. Long shot it will happen. But just afraid they could go that route.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 17, 2011 -> 06:15 PM)
I hope this about Dexter.

That they don't pull a Sixth Sense type scenerio with Alpha/Omega were the old guy is imaginary to Colin Hanks. Long shot it will happen. But just afraid they could go that route.

It is definitely possible.

When their prisoner escaped, EJO did stay in the background while Colin Hanks took care of business. I think one of two things is going on here: Mos Def is the true puppetmaster in the Alpha/Omega dynamic, and Dexter is going to be drawn into it and have to choose religion or his current agnostic/atheist way of life. Or, they are different storylines that are dovetailing together with the religious aspect of the season.

either way, this season has become infinitely more interesting than the previous season

QUOTE (Felix @ Oct 17, 2011 -> 10:46 AM)
That's definitely what it is.

After getting Milkman's PM, yea it makes a lot of sense of what he told him. But, Rick also mentioned on the radio to Morgan that the doctor told him something, so would that matter or is that still Rick trying to find a source he can just talk out loud to.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Oct 17, 2011 -> 11:35 PM)
After getting Milkman's PM, yea it makes a lot of sense of what he told him. But, Rick also mentioned on the radio to Morgan that the doctor told him something, so would that matter or is that still Rick trying to find a source he can just talk out loud to.

If it's staying true to the graphic novel at all, then I'd suspect he's just trying to find a source to talk to about it. That being said, I can't see them sticking to the graphic novel for all that long... it gets dark pretty quick.

Boardwalk Empire has just been awesome. The main plotlines with Nucky, Jimmy, & all the bootlegging are interesting enough. Then you have all the crazy subplots going on and the weird relationships too. Margaret & the maids, Jimmy/Gillian/Commodore, Van Alden & his wife & pregnant whore, Chalky & his fam & the black community. Good stuff.

Yes, the branch definitely broke and you could also hear him falling to the ground.

EDIT: As much as I dislike cliffhangers, I'd have left all of that until the next episode. Let people think he actually succeeded. And I guess it's not enough to force Gemma on us constantly. Now they have her singing.

Edited by Milkman delivers

I'm still sticking with American Horror Story for now. The actress's name that plays the hot young maid sounded familiar so i checked her out online and she does different voices for Family Guy. I can see why Seth hired her.....giggity giggity

:lolhitting

QUOTE (onedude @ Oct 19, 2011 -> 10:09 AM)
the fact that there were no previews of Juice for next weeks episode tell you that the limb had to break....FX doesn't want to spoil next week by showing the audience that he's still alive.

That's my opinion though.

As if the branch breaking and Juice being alive were in question (I know we're all in agreement that he's a-ok aside from still being royally f***ed)... I snapped this from the scenes for next week when the clubhouse is getting shot up. Just a head's up.

6263979893_689025c054_b.jpg

Unless we've got a "Weekend at Bernie's" situation going on, I reckon he's fine.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 20, 2011 -> 02:08 PM)
As if the branch breaking and Juice being alive were in question (I know we're all in agreement that he's a-ok aside from still being royally f***ed)... I snapped this from the scenes for next week when the clubhouse is getting shot up. Just a head's up.

Unless we've got a "Weekend at Bernie's" situation going on, I reckon he's fine.

Nice grab

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 20, 2011 -> 02:08 PM)

It will be interesting to see how that one works out. Tara and the sheriff's fertility issue needs to come to the surface here one of these days.