2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really hate all the Breaking Bad stuff, haven't watched the series but probably will sometime in future and if I click this thread hard not to see spoilers. With how much discussion goes on about it should just have its own thread so you all can go on forever about your theories of Hector and whoever is killing someone and whatnot.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 14, 2011 -> 10:23 AM)
Nah. The frequency of posts for BB is unparalleled.

But I don't wanna read any possible spoilers for _____, so I should alter where people talk about it. If you aren't watching it live, tough s***. That's the risk you run. I'm watching The Wire right now. If people start discussing it, I'll skip it.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 14, 2011 -> 10:28 AM)
But I don't wanna read any possible spoilers for _____, so I should alter where people talk about it. If you aren't watching it live, tough s***. That's the risk you run. I'm watching The Wire right now. If people start discussing it, I'll skip it.

Jerk

Walt cooks meth.

Difference is the discussion for BB goes on for days, so for the Wire if I'm all that worried i can skip 1 page... for BB you cant even click on this thread.

On another note, the last episode of Community might finally be the nail in the coffin, it was beyond terrible.

Walking Dead was pretty good, but I could have done without all of the commercials. Hour and a half episode, but about 40 minutes of commercials. I swear at one point they returned from commercials, had a minute-long conversation, and went right back to commercials.

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 16, 2011 -> 09:46 PM)
Walking Dead was pretty good, but I could have done without all of the commercials. Hour and a half episode, but about 40 minutes of commercials. I swear at one point they returned from commercials, had a minute-long conversation, and went right back to commercials.

Definitely agreed about the commercials. If this continues next week, I'm just going to start torrenting them right after the episodes air. It was absurd.

I don't think it was either. They started off strong with the scene with the horde and thankfully didn't break that up, but after that it seemed like there was a commercial every 5 minutes. I'm all about supporting shows while they're on the air, but if they're going to impact my enjoyment of the show with the amount of commercials, I'm going to do what I can to avoid it.

QUOTE (Felix @ Oct 16, 2011 -> 09:54 PM)
I don't think it was either. They started off strong with the scene with the horde and thankfully didn't break that up, but after that it seemed like there was a commercial every 5 minutes. I'm all about supporting shows while they're on the air, but if they're going to impact my enjoyment of the show with the amount of commercials, I'm going to do what I can to avoid it.

Since Idont have cable I streamed it online and just finished it, there was a solid 65 minutes of airtime, so that's not a bad ratio, but I don't know how they broke that up.

Good start to the season, though there was most definitely a difference in the graphics, it seemed like there was a lot more cheap animations in there than before.

And it sucks that the news the doc gave Rick doesn't seem to be good news at all.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Oct 17, 2011 -> 01:00 AM)
Since Idont have cable I streamed it online and just finished it, there was a solid 65 minutes of airtime, so that's not a bad ratio, but I don't know how they broke that up.

Good start to the season, though there was most definitely a difference in the graphics, it seemed like there was a lot more cheap animations in there than before.

And it sucks that the news the doc gave Rick doesn't seem to be good news at all.

I'm pretty sure I know what the secret is after doing just a little research into the comics. I won't even put the answer in here as a spoiler, but let's say that

it's something that would normally be good news, but definitely isn't under the current circumstance.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 17, 2011 -> 01:06 AM)
I'm pretty sure I know what the secret is after doing just a little research into the comics. I won't even put the answer in here as a spoiler, but let's say that

it's something that would normally be good news, but definitely isn't under the current circumstance.

PM it to me?

Others will disagree but I thought Dexter was pretty strong last night. Seems like an episode we will look back on after this season and see some things. Colin Hanks is super creepy.

Will watch Walking Dead and Homeland after work.

Edited by Brian

I thought the Walking Dead was a pretty big disappointment really. The commercials were incredibly annoying and broke up any momentum the show had going into the last 45 minutes. The scene on the highway, while good, was too contrived. Bottled up highway, RV breaks down....gee I wonder what will happen. Also found it odd that Rick melee'd the two zombies after the kid, but only after he ran away....why not do it right there where the kid is so you don't lose sight of her?

I'd give it a B-. Too slow for my liking, especially after the first half hour, and especially for a series premiere.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 17, 2011 -> 01:06 AM)

That's definitely what it is.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 17, 2011 -> 10:42 AM)
I thought the Walking Dead was a pretty big disappointment really. The commercials were incredibly annoying and broke up any momentum the show had going into the last 45 minutes. The scene on the highway, while good, was too contrived. Bottled up highway, RV breaks down....gee I wonder what will happen. Also found it odd that Rick melee'd the two zombies after the kid, but only after he ran away....why not do it right there where the kid is so you don't lose sight of her?

I'd give it a B-. Too slow for my liking, especially after the first half hour, and especially for a series premiere.

Well, perhaps he considered that, while he was tangling with one zombie, the other would turn its sights on the girl and he would be unable to stop it.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 17, 2011 -> 10:55 AM)
Well, perhaps he considered that, while he was tangling with one zombie, the other would turn its sights on the girl and he would be unable to stop it.

But they had just spent 35 minutes showing that if you don't move/don't make a sound they'll ignore you. I dunno, a trivial issue, but it just sorta summed up the episode. The whole thing felt "clunky" to me.