2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sons is getting extremely predictable and formulaic, I think. I'd be surprised if anyone at all didn't see

Clay killing Piney

. It'll get the guys who were against being mules for the cartel to jump right on board, and you could see it all coming a the very second that

Piney said he was going to his secluded mountain cabin alone after explicitly threatening to end Clay's presidency/possibly life right after the rival cartel attacked the club

. The first two seasons were really great, and this season is still enjoyable and entertaining, but it's the same damn crap every episode. It's either some convenient solution introduced each episode that you can see coming (like today) or some deus ex machina s***.

And why the f*** would that wealthy guy trust Clay again after he's f***ed him over several times already? He wouldn't. Some of the characters are becoming inconsistent.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 25, 2011 -> 11:54 PM)

I love that show. I believe that was his 3rd (bleeped)F-bomb in the episode. I loved the scene where Blake "fired" Adam.

And just like the first 2 or so seasons of It's Always Sunny, the main characters are the ones writing the episodes.....which is awesome.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 25, 2011 -> 10:18 PM)
Sons is getting extremely predictable and formulaic, I think. I'd be surprised if anyone at all didn't see

Clay killing Piney

. It'll get the guys who were against being mules for the cartel to jump right on board, and you could see it all coming a the very second that

Piney said he was going to his secluded mountain cabin alone after explicitly threatening to end Clay's presidency/possibly life right after the rival cartel attacked the club

. The first two seasons were really great, and this season is still enjoyable and entertaining, but it's the same damn crap every episode. It's either some convenient solution introduced each episode that you can see coming (like today) or some deus ex machina s***.

And why the f*** would that wealthy guy trust Clay again after he's f***ed him over several times already? He wouldn't. Some of the characters are becoming inconsistent.

Yeah... it's definitely not firing on all cylinders. I absolutely love the show still, but it seems to be following the same script over and over each episode.

The show has been renewed for another season, so I have absolutely no idea how they wrap this season up. Obviously, Clay is now probably the main antagonist of the storyline and will have to get his in the season finale. That saddens me, as Ron Perlman is a fantastic actor and represents Sons of Anarchy just as much if not more than Jax.

I would imagine this season ends with Clay "getting his" (oh God, did I just use that phrase in this thread?), and Jax ascending to President with the goal of returning the Sons to the partially-respectable club of their past. This would, however, mean that Jax doesn't "get out" of the club as he clearly wishes.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 26, 2011 -> 03:04 PM)
Haven't seen the documentary yet but ESPN through out the years has done a ton of pieces on Wepner.

I took a few things away from it:

1. Stallone looks incredibly bad in how he handled this

2. Jersey girls were way hotter back then.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 26, 2011 -> 02:19 PM)
Yeah... it's definitely not firing on all cylinders. I absolutely love the show still, but it seems to be following the same script over and over each episode.

The show has been renewed for another season, so I have absolutely no idea how they wrap this season up. Obviously, Clay is now probably the main antagonist of the storyline and will have to get his in the season finale. That saddens me, as Ron Perlman is a fantastic actor and represents Sons of Anarchy just as much if not more than Jax.

I would imagine this season ends with Clay "getting his" (oh God, did I just use that phrase in this thread?), and Jax ascending to President with the goal of returning the Sons to the partially-respectable club of their past. This would, however, mean that Jax doesn't "get out" of the club as he clearly wishes.

They have too many good characters going right now for them to truly ruin the show. Im just going to enjoy the ride, they have my faith after season 2 and the end of season 3.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Oct 26, 2011 -> 06:45 PM)
They have too many good characters going right now for them to truly ruin the show. Im just going to enjoy the ride, they have my faith after season 2 and the end of season 3.

Literally the only saving grace of season 3 was the final half hour of the season finale. It was awesome, but all of the rest of it was terrible.

It's true that they have good characters, but many of them are woefully underused in order to push useless storylines or make room for certain characters that are getting way more face time than necessary (*cough*GEMMA*cough*). Take for instance Piney. That character would be a great person to give more focus to, but the only time he ever got any was to be killed by Clay in order to cement one of the most ridiculous heel turns in TV history. Clay was always a little bad and mostly good, then this season he's all of a sudden Lex Luthor. The only minor character they're using almost fully to their ability is Juice.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 27, 2011 -> 10:56 AM)
At present. Bobby has a ton to offer right now, and he's just being used to give Clay the stink eye in the background.

Opie had a run, Chibbs had a bit with the Irish, Tara has had quite a bit.

Honestly, theyve devoted quite a bit to other characters, it's just last season with the Irish that got out of hand.

I'm in the middle of season 3 and struggling to continue on. 1 of the nice things about season 1 was the tension of actually trying to run and fund their illegal activities. It gave nice depth to them, as you liked them, but they were also giving guns to terrible people and were bad. Now they don't really touch on that, seem to have tons of money despite not appearing to do any work. It's just very melodramatic. It's like what happened to the OC in season 3.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Oct 27, 2011 -> 11:03 AM)
Opie had a run, Chibbs had a bit with the Irish, Tara has had quite a bit.

Honestly, theyve devoted quite a bit to other characters, it's just last season with the Irish that got out of hand.

Last season and the current season. Tara is a main character, in my mind.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 27, 2011 -> 11:13 AM)
Last season and the current season. Tara is a main character, in my mind.

Well they have so many characters that they would have to do a Lost style setup with character centric episodes, because there would be even more confusion in the amount of storylines being played then.

I personally think this season has been just fine.