2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched Beavis & Butt-Head last night. The videos were absolutely hilarious, I was cracking up the whole time. The episodes themselves when they are up to their shenanigans in Highland were not as funny. They had their moments, but parts of them seemed like they would have been funnier back when I was in high school. Overall though, very pleased with the return.

Anybody know a good place to watch full episodes of "The League" for free? Since DirecTV is probably suspending FX on Tuesday, I don't want to miss episodes. I assume that goes for those of you who like "Sons Of Anarchy" and "It's Always Sunny..." as well.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Oct 29, 2011 -> 02:12 PM)
Anybody know a good place to watch full episodes of "The League" for free? Since DirecTV is probably suspending FX on Tuesday, I don't want to miss episodes. I assume that goes for those of you who like "Sons Of Anarchy" and "It's Always Sunny..." as well.

Wow. I always thought highly of DirectTV. Don't have it but thought about getting it sometimes.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 29, 2011 -> 03:18 PM)
Wow. I always thought highly of DirectTV. Don't have it but thought about getting it sometimes.

It's a dispute with Newscorp. Newscorp wants 40% higher rates for their channels (presumably having nothing to do with their collapsing stock price and giant scandal overseas).

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 29, 2011 -> 02:18 PM)

FWIW, Direct tv says the deadline for hammering out a new agreement between them and Fox is Nov. 1st but the existing agreement runs through Dec. 31st so we (i have Direct tv as well) should have the channel for a bit longer.

Direct tv vs. Fox

QUOTE (juddling @ Oct 29, 2011 -> 10:35 PM)
FWIW, Direct tv says the deadline for hammering out a new agreement between them and Fox is Nov. 1st but the existing agreement runs through Dec. 31st so we (i have Direct tv as well) should have the channel for a bit longer.

Direct tv vs. Fox

Let's hope so. I can deal without the regional FSN channels, but losing FX would suck.

Good Luck to the people who enjoy The Walking Dead. Hope it keeps entertaining you. I think I am out. I gave it the first season and the first 3 episodes and it just hasn't pulled me in outside of that Herd scene in the premiere. Acting is awful and most of the characters are uninteresting.

Time for me to see other people.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 31, 2011 -> 04:41 AM)
Good Luck to the people who enjoy The Walking Dead. Hope it keeps entertaining you. I think I am out. I gave it the first season and the first 3 episodes and it just hasn't pulled me in outside of that Herd scene in the premiere. Acting is awful and most of the characters are uninteresting.

I haven't watched last night's episode yet, but I think it's as good as last season. There's some more character development so far, and I like that. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but I think the acting is pretty good.

There was a lot done in Dexter last night to throw us off the idea that EJM is a dark passenger or figment of Colin Hanks imagination. I still think he is, but I thought it was very odd when

Colin Hanks called him at the church after Dexter carjacked him. It was also pretty strange when EJM went into hiding after his picture was in the paper and Colin Hanks couldnt kidnap the girl by himself.

I still think that he is a dark passenger, but I think he is more of a split personality a la Tyler Durden.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 31, 2011 -> 04:41 AM)

I'm gonna give it another episode or two, but I'm about over it as well. The first episode was ok, the second was awful, and last night was better but still pretty meh. It's too damned slow. I don't expect them to be chased by zombies and have incredible escapes EVERY episode, but geez, enough with Rick and his wife sobbing and crying. I had enough of that last week, why did they have to do it AGAIN? Every time they started talking I checked out and surfed the net on my phone. SO BORING. At least this episode they tried to cover some of the other characters, but so far these three episodes could have been combined into one.

I agreed with Sepinwall too - the show needs to figure out the zombie rules. One scene they're running full speed, the next they can barely walk at a normal pace. Be consistent!

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 31, 2011 -> 08:47 AM)
There was a lot done in Dexter last night to throw us off the idea that EJM is a dark passenger or figment of Colin Hanks imagination. I still think he is, but I thought it was very odd when

Colin Hanks called him at the church after Dexter carjacked him. It was also pretty strange when EJM went into hiding after his picture was in the paper and Colin Hanks couldnt kidnap the girl by himself.

I still think that he is a dark passenger, but I think he is more of a split personality a la Tyler Durden.

Yeah, those parts threw me off as well. I don't believe Dexter has ever had to talk to Harry on the phone, he just conjured him up on the spot.

The fact that he has yet to affect the environment or be acknowledged by anyone other than Colin Hanks still leaves me to hang on to that idea though.