2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 6, 2011 -> 11:54 PM)
I think they DID make progress. They started to develop the characters, and I think they did a fine job of it.

I can agree with that part, but I wish they could balance that with developing the plot a bit faster too. They have been dragging out a few of the things way to much for my taste.

EDIT: And what was up with that zombie in the well?? There is no way it swam there, as I don't think underwater streams work that way. So did it fall in? Which means there was a zombie on the property, meaning more will be coming? I just didn't get that at all.

And how have they been so protected thus far? The house isn't that far the from highway, the school apparently isn't that far (with thousands of zombies there), and they have lights on at night all the time, along with vehicles going there a lot lately. Plus, how exactly do they have electricity? Is the power grid really still on? Are they on a generator? If so, that couldn't last long plus would be insanely loud and risky.

Just so many unbelievable details that have bugged me in the last few episodes.

Edited by bigruss22

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Nov 7, 2011 -> 12:54 AM)
I can agree with that part, but I wish they could balance that with developing the plot a bit faster too. They have been dragging out a few of the things way to much for my taste.

EDIT: And what was up with that zombie in the well?? There is no way it swam there, as I don't think underwater streams work that way. So did it fall in? Which means there was a zombie on the property, meaning more will be coming? I just didn't get that at all.

And how have they been so protected thus far? The house isn't that far the from highway, the school apparently isn't that far (with thousands of zombies there), and they have lights on at night all the time, along with vehicles going there a lot lately. Plus, how exactly do they have electricity? Is the power grid really still on? Are they on a generator? If so, that couldn't last long plus would be insanely loud and risky.

The old guy asked about water on the property and they said take what you want from well #2. While using the pump he noticed the cover on the well with a hole in it. He looked down to see the water-logged zombie.

QUOTE (juddling @ Nov 7, 2011 -> 01:13 AM)
The old guy asked about water on the property and they said take what you want from well #2. While using the pump he noticed the cover on the well with a hole in it. He looked down to see the water-logged zombie.

Yea I know, but how the hell did the zombie get in there?

Thought Dexter was a tad slow but the end and the previews for next week look cool.

I like the idea of bringing back the Trinity murders since it is still technically unsolved. Hope it makes sense about his son killing his sister and mom though. Wasn't he a pretty sympathetic character in Season 4. Has to be a reason for his turn.

Was kind of disappointed in Brother Sam dieing. Part of me wanted him to be part of a big twist where he was still bad and all the guys working at his garage were criminals helping him. I guess if it makes Dexter darker, his death makes sense.

Also like that there is more to Travis than just doing what EJA tells him. Has remorse. Not very vanilla.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Nov 7, 2011 -> 01:41 AM)
Yea I know, but how the hell did the zombie get in there?

Gravity. he fell through the wooden cover.

One thing i didn't get was they made it seem like the zombie was in there a long time. they use pump two for the animals (as the one daughter said) so you can assume they are out there often. Why didn't anyone notice it before??? Either way i was happy Glenn got some lines and something (someone) to do. He had been pretty quiet lately.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Nov 7, 2011 -> 12:54 AM)

I don't think there's really a "plot", as much as it's just about them surviving. The zombie fell into the well, as was already covered. To explain why the zombies aren't overrunning the farm, I think it's pretty far into the woods. I'm sure a random zombie wanders onto the premises occasionally, but it's probably too far away from the road to notice lights being on. The constant travel back and forth in cars hadn't been a problem up to this point because the family seems to have depended on horses. Keep in mind that the new people just arrived, so I'd expect their added vehicular travel will cause zombies to come that way more frequently. That'll probably strain the relationship between the travelers and the family. I don't know how to explain the power, though.

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 7, 2011 -> 06:29 AM)
Thought Dexter was a tad slow but the end and the previews for next week look cool.

I like the idea of bringing back the Trinity murders since it is still technically unsolved. Hope it makes sense about his son killing his sister and mom though. Wasn't he a pretty sympathetic character in Season 4. Has to be a reason for his turn.

Was kind of disappointed in Brother Sam dieing. Part of me wanted him to be part of a big twist where he was still bad and all the guys working at his garage were criminals helping him. I guess if it makes Dexter darker, his death makes sense.

Also like that there is more to Travis than just doing what EJA tells him. Has remorse. Not very vanilla.

I'm still going to hold on to the idea that EJP is not real. I mean, it hasn't been as obvious as it was earlier, but now especially that Dexter has his dark mentor in the show, I think him and Colin Hanks will be even more alike since Dex has his brother and Colin has EJR.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 7, 2011 -> 08:50 AM)
I don't know how to explain the power, though.

I'm going with the theory that they are just siphoning gas off of vehicles to power the generators. The main group doesn't seem to have much trouble doing it to drive around the country so why can't the farm family make trips to get gas for the generators?

I'm frustrated that they continue to leave the girl is missing story hanging. No progress on that for quite a while now and I hope they aren't doing this for a whole season.

I'd also like to see them touch on the biological part of the infestation. They figured it would be bad to drink water from a zombie that had its guts poured into the water, but were willing to simply remove it from the well and see if the water was ok? A simple bite can't be the only way you can get infected. Hopefully they have a situation like that so we can learn more about the virus.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Nov 7, 2011 -> 12:02 PM)
I'm going with the theory that they are just siphoning gas off of vehicles to power the generators. The main group doesn't seem to have much trouble doing it to drive around the country so why can't the farm family make trips to get gas for the generators?

I'm frustrated that they continue to leave the girl is missing story hanging. No progress on that for quite a while now and I hope they aren't doing this for a whole season.

I'd also like to see them touch on the biological part of the infestation. They figured it would be bad to drink water from a zombie that had its guts poured into the water, but were willing to simply remove it from the well and see if the water was ok? A simple bite can't be the only way you can get infected. Hopefully they have a situation like that so we can learn more about the virus.

Yeah, the water thing confused me. I'm pretty sure I'd label that well as a lost cause as soon as I noticed the zombie in there. Your gas theory makes perfect sense, too.

I think we'll be finding out about the girl very soon. My bet is that Merle found her.

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 7, 2011 -> 12:10 PM)
I think we'll be finding out about the girl very soon. My bet is that Merle found her.

I was falling alseep towards the end of the show but i believe it was Merle i saw in the scenes for next week. Will be interesting to hear/see where he's been for that last few weeks/months.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 7, 2011 -> 12:10 PM)
Yeah, the water thing confused me. I'm pretty sure I'd label that well as a lost cause as soon as I noticed the zombie in there. Your gas theory makes perfect sense, too.

They've always been cautious about anything regarding stuff that has been touched by the walkers, such as the partially eaten deer, or when they chopped up the one to blend in to escape the building. Unfortunately they havent paid enough attention to detail in some of those scenes as they have touched the blood of zombies before, pretty clearly too.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 7, 2011 -> 08:50 AM)
I don't think there's really a "plot", as much as it's just about them surviving. The zombie fell into the well, as was already covered. To explain why the zombies aren't overrunning the farm, I think it's pretty far into the woods. I'm sure a random zombie wanders onto the premises occasionally, but it's probably too far away from the road to notice lights being on. The constant travel back and forth in cars hadn't been a problem up to this point because the family seems to have depended on horses. Keep in mind that the new people just arrived, so I'd expect their added vehicular travel will cause zombies to come that way more frequently. That'll probably strain the relationship between the travelers and the family. I don't know how to explain the power, though.

I don't remember them actually talking about how it got in there, maybe I just missed that part.

Im just not buying that the house is to far out, they've lost people already, so they've interacted beforehand, they don't hide themselves well at all. It just seems really unbelievable to me that more zombies haven't found them, especially if we are to believe they are running on a generator. If anyone has heard those before, they are not quiet, and that sound can travel easily.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Nov 7, 2011 -> 02:02 PM)
I don't remember them actually talking about how it got in there, maybe I just missed that part.

Im just not buying that the house is to far out, they've lost people already, so they've interacted beforehand, they don't hide themselves well at all. It just seems really unbelievable to me that more zombies haven't found them, especially if we are to believe they are running on a generator. If anyone has heard those before, they are not quiet, and that sound can travel easily.

I don't think they actually talked about it falling through. Dale sort of physically pieced it together while he and T-Dog were talking as the water was being pumped.

I'm not sure why that other part is so hard for you to buy. They never said when the people they lost were killed, or where. They could have been at the school trying to help or get supplies when the horde attacked. Or they could have been siphoning gas on the highway when it happened. I mean, Otis was just killed and he was staying at the farmhouse, but it happened away from the place.

Think about this. Their plot of land is big enough to have five wells on it. I'm sure that's large enough, especially when you throw in the sound buffer created by the forest surrounding it, to keep the location silent from the vast majority of zombies.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 7, 2011 -> 05:29 AM)

I think this episode was great. This season has really gotten good, and I was beginning to give up on the show. As much as losing Sam sucks, it can add a ton to the plot.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 7, 2011 -> 10:26 AM)
I'm still going to hold on to the idea that EJP is not real. I mean, it hasn't been as obvious as it was earlier, but now especially that Dexter has his dark mentor in the show, I think him and Colin Hanks will be even more alike since Dex has his brother and Colin has EJR.

I think and hope you're making fun of how everyone is screwing up the initials.

That well scene was the stupidest f***ing scene. The chick JUST explained how they had FIVE wells on the property. Why the hell do they need to concern themselves with that one, especially when that zombie is oozing all over the place. Absolutely wretched writing.

The show has gone from awesome premise to crappy execution. Dunno if that's because Darabont left, but Christ this show has become boring. If I have to listen to Rick SLLLLOOOOWWWWLLLLLYYYYY whine about something in the most serious f'n tone... I get it, they're in the zombie apocalypse. Life sucks. It's gotta be tough. But everyone else finds a moment to laugh here or there. That main guys acting is really getting on my nerves.

Ditto with the guy that plays Shane. Being emotionally torn doesn't mean staring off into space and looking around in circles for 2 minutes with your mouth open. Expand your horizons man! Try some other way to show distress/anxiety!

And this Sophia thing. I mean we're on what, episode 4? So it's been 3-4 days at this point? And she's smart enough to get to a house (supposedly) but not back to the gigantic highway running through the area? I really hope the guy from the rooftop has had her for a couple of days. Otherwise that's another incredibly stupid storyline.

I'm just nitpicking at this point, but I was so pumped after the first season and they've just crapped all over everything they did well. At least the asian guy got some more screen time. I'm all for that. And kudos to him for getting laid by the farmer's daughter!

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 7, 2011 -> 09:18 PM)
Ooooobbbbvvviiiii.

If you only messed it up once in that post, I would've figured it was a mistake. Twice made it seem pretty clear :lol:

So, did Jimmy set up the "hit" to allow Nucky to survive it? I guess that would have to be the obvious thing, but I have to admit that I was only half paying attention at that point.

Either way, I'm glad they've made Van Alden dangerous and relevant again.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 7, 2011 -> 09:29 PM)
That well scene was the stupidest f***ing scene. The chick JUST explained how they had FIVE wells on the property. Why the hell do they need to concern themselves with that one, especially when that zombie is oozing all over the place. Absolutely wretched writing.

The show has gone from awesome premise to crappy execution. Dunno if that's because Darabont left, but Christ this show has become boring. If I have to listen to Rick SLLLLOOOOWWWWLLLLLYYYYY whine about something in the most serious f'n tone... I get it, they're in the zombie apocalypse. Life sucks. It's gotta be tough. But everyone else finds a moment to laugh here or there. That main guys acting is really getting on my nerves.

Ditto with the guy that plays Shane. Being emotionally torn doesn't mean staring off into space and looking around in circles for 2 minutes with your mouth open. Expand your horizons man! Try some other way to show distress/anxiety!

And this Sophia thing. I mean we're on what, episode 4? So it's been 3-4 days at this point? And she's smart enough to get to a house (supposedly) but not back to the gigantic highway running through the area? I really hope the guy from the rooftop has had her for a couple of days. Otherwise that's another incredibly stupid storyline.

I'm just nitpicking at this point, but I was so pumped after the first season and they've just crapped all over everything they did well. At least the asian guy got some more screen time. I'm all for that. And kudos to him for getting laid by the farmer's daughter!

I'm fairly confident that Merle will have something to do with Sophia still being missing. If not, I think it still works in the sense that you might never find out exactly what happened to her. As an audience, we want to know, but it might be a lot more realistic if we never even get any kind of clarification.

As to your first point, it's definitely a stupid scene in some ways, but Alan Sepinwall made a pretty good point about it. It might just be the show's way of showing that the survivors simply don't know what they're doing anymore. Somebody suggests something rather dumb, and the rest are so confused and disoriented from everything they've been through that they just go with it. But it could be bad writing more easily.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 7, 2011 -> 10:07 PM)
I'm fairly confident that Merle will have something to do with Sophia still being missing. If not, I think it still works in the sense that you might never find out exactly what happened to her. As an audience, we want to know, but it might be a lot more realistic if we never even get any kind of clarification.

That's actually a very good point. We're trained for a TV solution to the story, but in reality there's a good chance you don't find out what happened.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Nov 7, 2011 -> 10:25 PM)
That's actually a very good point. We're trained for a TV solution to the story, but in reality there's a good chance you don't find out what happened.

I would accept this and actually like it. If she just magically survives for 3-4 days it might be the last straw for me and that show.