2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Nov 14, 2011 -> 01:01 AM)
Thanks to this thread I have gotten into Breaking Bad and Homeland over the past few weeks. Both are really good.

Me too. Homeland is amazing. I'm going to start Breaking Bad soon on Netflix.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Nov 14, 2011 -> 12:55 AM)
Yeah this is ridiculous. Something good needs to happen soon or I'm going to bail on this show quickly.

I really hope they are gonna have all kinda crazy stuff happen the second half of the season. Cause this is just boring at this point.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Nov 14, 2011 -> 09:35 AM)
I really hope they are gonna have all kinda crazy stuff happen the second half of the season. Cause this is just boring at this point.

I'm still really liking it. However, I think we were spoiled by the 6 episode first season. So much was packed into those episodes, and now it's slower paced and a lot more character building. I am hoping for more stuff to begin happening, but I'm nowhere near giving up on it.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Nov 14, 2011 -> 09:35 AM)

It should start getting better with Daryl (who it seems the writers really like, and someone they will push) realizing that he's pretty well-suited to lead the group and beginning to think that Carl is ineffective. Plus, that barn full of zombies has to lead somewhere very interesting.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Nov 14, 2011 -> 10:32 AM)
I'm still really liking it. However, I think we were spoiled by the 6 episode first season. So much was packed into those episodes, and now it's slower paced and a lot more character building. I am hoping for more stuff to begin happening, but I'm nowhere near giving up on it.

They're doing a piss-poor job of that. Even I can admit that as a fan of the show. The majority of the characters are shallow cardboard cutouts of characters. Daryl is very easily the best character, and he's even stronger after the last episode. Rick is obviously going to get the most depth as the main character, but he's coming off pretty weak because they're trying to make him perfectly moral and just. It seems like Shane should be a better character, but I think it's the actor holding it back. So besides Daryl, I think the only other characters that really worked so far were Dale and Glenn. And both of them are becoming stale as of this week.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 14, 2011 -> 10:36 AM)
I just read that Seth McFarland was supposed to be on one of the Boston flights on 9/11 but missed his plane because of a hangover. How did I never hear that before?

I've seen it many times in interviews and articles about 9/11.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Nov 14, 2011 -> 12:06 PM)
Can they please write Andrea out of the script, there is at least one moment in every episode that I actually yell how much of a b**** she is to the television.

Please kill her off already.

Her act of the grieving sister grew old pretty quick. Should have let her stay at the CDC.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 14, 2011 -> 11:21 AM)
They're doing a piss-poor job of that. Even I can admit that as a fan of the show. The majority of the characters are shallow cardboard cutouts of characters.

I think the characters are each one emotion personified and it's not giving them enough range. Daryl is the only character not in the comics so maybe the writers feel like they have to follow the comics. The problem with that is comic book characters always have exaggerated traits to get the point across in a couple sentences of dialogue.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 14, 2011 -> 03:07 PM)
'Homeland' seriously is the best show on television.

I disagree mostly because I can't get over how DUMB Carrie has been in the past 3 episodes or so. Not only did she have sex w/ the MAN SHE IS INVESTIGATING FOR TERRORISM, but she is now forming a relationship with him, while letting him in on CIA intelligence and telling him about their investigation.

The show is very interesting and I am thoroughly enjoying it, but I just can't believe a CIA agent would be so reckless, it kind of takes away from the show.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 14, 2011 -> 09:28 PM)
I disagree mostly because I can't get over how DUMB Carrie has been in the past 3 episodes or so. Not only did she have sex w/ the MAN SHE IS INVESTIGATING FOR TERRORISM, but she is now forming a relationship with him, while letting him in on CIA intelligence and telling him about their investigation.

The show is very interesting and I am thoroughly enjoying it, but I just can't believe a CIA agent would be so reckless, it kind of takes away from the show.

She's doing some of that stuff to get close to him to try and find out more information....and she's also crazy and off her meds.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 14, 2011 -> 02:51 PM)
Does she have any idea of how suspicious this is going to look? Or how it compromises her integrity? I just can't get over his ignorance.

Remember, Carrie's not exactly all there. She's on anti-psychotics and clearly on many occasions has lacked proper judgement. I think it's entirely appropriate given what we've been told about her character.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Nov 14, 2011 -> 02:06 PM)
I think the characters are each one emotion personified and it's not giving them enough range. Daryl is the only character not in the comics so maybe the writers feel like they have to follow the comics. The problem with that is comic book characters always have exaggerated traits to get the point across in a couple sentences of dialogue.

I don't think T-Dog is from the comics, either.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 14, 2011 -> 02:07 PM)
'Homeland' seriously is the best show on television.

Better than Breaking Bad? Or are you saying "currently" on TV? You do seem to jump from one show to another kind of quickly :lol:

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 14, 2011 -> 02:56 PM)
Remember, Carrie's not exactly all there. She's on anti-psychotics and clearly on many occasions has lacked proper judgement. I think it's entirely appropriate given what we've been told about her character.

I haven't watched the show yet (I plan on it), but wouldn't the CIA have pretty strict standards and not allow a person on anti-psychotics to be employed by them?

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 14, 2011 -> 04:00 PM)
Better than Breaking Bad? Or are you saying "currently" on TV? You do seem to jump from one show to another kind of quickly :lol:

Currently on air.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 14, 2011 -> 04:00 PM)
I haven't watched the show yet (I plan on it), but wouldn't the CIA have pretty strict standards and not allow a person on anti-psychotics to be employed by them?

Watch the show.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 14, 2011 -> 04:56 PM)

You better hope they don't follow the comics too closely.

Except she becomes a zombie killing machine as the comic progresses. I think they are making her overly whiny and helpless right now to make the transformation more startling later on but they have also made her completely unlikeable in the process.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Nov 14, 2011 -> 05:04 PM)
Looks like Community's going bye-bye, pulled from the mid-season schedule. I know it didn't get a lot of love around here, especially of late it seems but I adored that show.

Has this been confirmed anywhere?

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Nov 14, 2011 -> 05:11 PM)
Has this been confirmed anywhere?

@sepinwall

Community is being pulled from NBC's mid-season schedule. Working on story now...

20 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Same goes for Prime Suspect, by the way. I have personally never seen it.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 14, 2011 -> 05:09 PM)

Except she becomes a zombie killing machine as the comic progresses. I think they are making her overly whiny and helpless right now to make the transformation more startling later on but they have also made her completely unlikeable in the process.

That better happen soon, because Im willing to give up on that show just because of her. Ive never met a character so frustrating to watch before, she has had one decent scene and that was when she shot her sister, but the build up to that was even annoying.