2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 19, 2011 -> 11:42 AM)
I don't think that's the case.

That would mean it would go at least 9 seasons. Ugh. I know Showtime and Hall had some problems negotiating for these next two years. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the end. I like the show but hope it will be.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 19, 2011 -> 12:13 PM)
That would mean it would go at least 9 seasons. Ugh. I know Showtime and Hall had some problems negotiating for these next two years. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the end. I like the show but hope it will be.

They mentioned nothing about it being the final season. In fact, they went the opposite way by having the president (or something similar) of Showtime saying that the show is more popular than ever. I think that shows that they plan on running this thing, with the same tired storyline, over and over until people stop watching.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 19, 2011 -> 12:18 PM)
They mentioned nothing about it being the final season. In fact, they went the opposite way by having the president (or something similar) of Showtime saying that the show is more popular than ever. I think that shows that they plan on running this thing, with the same tired storyline, over and over until people stop watching.

I finally got around to seeing the most recent episode, and I also loved the American Gothic reference. They have to have some sort of end in mind, the story has to conclude with Dexter being caught, dying, or completely walking away.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 19, 2011 -> 12:56 PM)
I finally got around to seeing the most recent episode, and I also loved the American Gothic reference. They have to have some sort of end in mind, the story has to conclude with Dexter being caught, dying, or completely walking away.

I'm sure they know how they want to end it, but I don't think they'll do it until they absolutely have to do it.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 20, 2011 -> 10:41 PM)
The Walking Dead continues to be mediocre while Boardwalk Empire continues to kick ass.

Yeah even the 'story revelations' with people finding out stuff were quite boring. I'll watch the midseason finale next week and then it's a gametime decision whether or not I feel like sticking with it through the break.

I'm caught up with The Walking Dead, with the exception of last night's episode. I'm surprised at how many people aren't liking the show anymore. In my opinion, it's still very good. I know there will be plenty who will argue, but I think the character development is pretty good. Daryl is probably the best character and is pretty complex. I don't think you can have all of the characters as complex, and some people are just who they are. Rick is the overall decent guy who tries to make the right decisions but doesn't always succeed. Shane is like the antithesis of Rick, and maybe that's a bit overdone, especially considering the history with Lori that Rick doesn't know about. Andrea is pretty unlikable, but she seems to be getting over her depression/hate of the world.

On a side note, I loved the Walker in the well scene. Especially at the end when T-Dog said it was a good thing they didn't do something stupid like shoot it.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Nov 21, 2011 -> 11:56 AM)
I'm caught up with The Walking Dead, with the exception of last night's episode. I'm surprised at how many people aren't liking the show anymore. In my opinion, it's still very good. I know there will be plenty who will argue, but I think the character development is pretty good. Daryl is probably the best character and is pretty complex. I don't think you can have all of the characters as complex, and some people are just who they are. Rick is the overall decent guy who tries to make the right decisions but doesn't always succeed. Shane is like the antithesis of Rick, and maybe that's a bit overdone, especially considering the history with Lori that Rick doesn't know about. Andrea is pretty unlikable, but she seems to be getting over her depression/hate of the world.

On a side note, I loved the Walker in the well scene. Especially at the end when T-Dog said it was a good thing they didn't do something stupid like shoot it.

It's soooooooooooooooooo boringgggggggggggggggggggggggg

Read the graphic novel. It's way better and less of a time drain.

Then again, I'm still watching Walking Dead every week and probably will regardless of the quality. So maybe I'm not the best guy to take advice from on that front.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (Felix @ Nov 21, 2011 -> 12:05 PM)

Then again, I'm still watching Walking Dead every week and probably will regardless of the quality. So maybe I'm not the best guy to take advice from on that front.

They are starting to get closer to the graphic novel, which is better for the show. At the same time though, they have really messed up some great plot lines by veering away from the graphic novel in the beginning.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 21, 2011 -> 12:11 PM)
4 episodes deep into Homeland. Awesome show.

It really is fantastic, and so is Morena Baccarin (Ive wanted to see those tits since Firefly).

QUOTE (Felix @ Nov 21, 2011 -> 12:05 PM)

I plan on reading the graphic novel eventually. I don't find it boring, but that's just my opinion. Like almost any movie/show based on a book, the book is going to be better. I imagine had I read the novel before I might think differently of the show.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 13, 2011 -> 08:53 PM)
Such a great season, and such a good show. They even made Jesse and Skyler more likable characters for me, which was a source of major frustration for me during the first three seasons.

I recognize that I am late to the parade but I finally have watched all four seasons, mainly based on friend's recommendations as well as all the talk on this board about how great it is. Now I am going back and reading all these posts because I want to keep reliving the show. I will have to disagree on one thing, Jesse is my favorite character and I want him to prevail in the end. Skyler is annoying and the whole IRS payback plot was stupid. Also I can't stand Walt.

But a great show, probably one of the very few shows where every season gets better. That is pretty rare.

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Nov 21, 2011 -> 02:37 PM)
I recognize that I am late to the parade but I finally have watched all four seasons, mainly based on friend's recommendations as well as all the talk on this board about how great it is. Now I am going back and reading all these posts because I want to keep reliving the show. I will have to disagree on one thing, Jesse is my favorite character and I want him to prevail in the end. Skyler is annoying and the whole IRS payback plot was stupid. Also I can't stand Walt.

But a great show, probably one of the very few shows where every season gets better. That is pretty rare.

And that's not to say that the first season wasn't good. Some shows get better because their first season or two weren't really that good. A key example I can think of immediately is Mad Men. Breaking Bad, however, started out awesome and never stopped.

Dexter really better come up with a good conclusion to this EJO thing. If they truly intend on him being a figment of Colin Hanks' imagination, it is the worst kept secret in the history of television. It's so blatantly obvious that I'm actually believing they must be doing it on purpose, and that he does exist.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 21, 2011 -> 06:02 PM)
nonsense, mad men was great from the beginning.

It got a lot better, but that first season was brutal. I may not have stuck with it if I hadn't watched it on DVD.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 21, 2011 -> 06:29 PM)
Dexter really better come up with a good conclusion to this EJO thing. If they truly intend on him being a figment of Colin Hanks' imagination, it is the worst kept secret in the history of television. It's so blatantly obvious that I'm actually believing they must be doing it on purpose, and that he does

The season is lacking suspense since the first 4 episodes. No individual hunts for Dexter every episode and don't agree with killing Sam.

It will be kind of lame if it is revealed Travis chained himself up.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 21, 2011 -> 08:00 PM)
Any theories on who LaGuerta was covering for?

My first guess was that it was her boss, but that may not work because she hates him. At the same time, she could be helping for more leverage. It's either a cop or she personally cleaned up the scene, as it was almost certainly done professionally.