2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 22, 2011 -> 02:16 PM)
Seriously? We obviously disagree strongly here. Every character, minus Daryl, has gotten worse in the second season. But, Dale is still towards the top of the heap for me.

I like Shane and Daryl. Honestly, what has Dale brought to the table this year? "No, you can't have the gun", lots of whining and complaining, "oh I'm sorry you didn't get the gun, here", "don't shoot!", "it's ok you shot Daryl".

He's brought zilch. None of these s*** characters has save Daryl. This really is a completely terrible show... I have no idea why I still watch it.

QUOTE (onedude @ Nov 22, 2011 -> 12:32 PM)
The great thing about Homeland.....You can't predict anything. I've come up with a few different scenarios in my head and every damn week they surprise the s*** out of me. Anxious to see how they develop this show for a 2nd season.

5 epis in. I REALLY dont want Winters (brody) to be a terrorist.

Not ripping anyone but it sucks having to go through this thread and sort through posts of a show I hated and ditched (Walking Dead) to find stuff about a great show (Homeland).

I love how they make it seem like one thing at the end of a show but in the previews you are like, "Is that really the case?"

QUOTE (onedude @ Nov 22, 2011 -> 02:58 PM)
Winters :headbang

I got my annual Band of Brothers watch coming up here shortly. I've watched it at least once a year for the last 7 years

First heavy snow I dig it out and watch them all. Makes Bastogne more real when its snowing outside. Ok, maybe not.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 22, 2011 -> 02:18 PM)
I like Shane and Daryl. Honestly, what has Dale brought to the table this year? "No, you can't have the gun", lots of whining and complaining, "oh I'm sorry you didn't get the gun, here", "don't shoot!", "it's ok you shot Daryl".

He's brought zilch. None of these s*** characters has save Daryl. This really is a completely terrible show... I have no idea why I still watch it.

To me, Dale is the main voice of reason and the most reasonable and intelligent.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 22, 2011 -> 09:41 AM)
Also, why are we feeding the zombies chicken? We've seen no evidence so far that the zombies just die for good if they don't have living flesh to eat.

They said they believe they are just sick people so they want them to be well. If they think it's curable they will be trying to feed them to allow for any chance of a cure. That said, it's pretty ridiculous that they believe that.

I'd rank the characters as follows:

Not terrible, but not good...basically they just don't bother me which is the best compliment I can give:

Farmers' daughter - willingness to do the dirty in the midst of zombie apocalypse = +100 pts

Asian dude - the only somewhat likeable guy

Daryl - the bad ass

Everyone else from the farm house - don't see enough of them so basically no opinion.

Need to be eaten by a zombie and forgotten about ASAP:

T-Dogg - worthless

The son - even his Jesus-like resurrection powers doesn't overcome how annoying he is

Dale - nosy old man that cares for Andrea way too much

Rick - too serious and just plain dumb

Andrea - annoying, dumb, worthless

Shane - ditto, even the "bad assness" doesn't save him. Also terrible actor.

Whiny wife - I just watched The Road for the first time this weekend. She needs to be one of those people that are locked in a cellar and slowly eaten by cannibals (a.k.a zombies). New and more interesting storyline: Herschel goes off the deep end and takes Whiny Wife as captive. Rick doesn't care because she's a whore (and also annoying...the recent talk has opened his eyes to this glaring personality flaw). Shane doesn't care because he and Andrea are doing it on the hood of a car while shooting incoming walkers. Otis' wife breaks Whiny Wife's legs and slowly feeds her body, piece by piece, to the zombies stuck in the barn. No one else cares because she sucks.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 22, 2011 -> 10:14 PM)
How convenient. Two non kill shots.

Where were the bullet proof vests it would be really stupid if he did not have one on unless he actually wanted to die.

I am ready to move from these story line of SOA being bigger than they actually are but again I guess the writers are realizing there is a limited scope of interesting stuff.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Nov 23, 2011 -> 08:02 AM)
I know a lot of people were ripping on it, but my wife and I are really enjoying Terra Nova.

The wife and I are enjoying it as well. I will admit that it has moved slow but this weeks episode seemed to create some interesting plot twists. I will admit that it doesn't hold a candle to some other shows that I've previously enjoyed that were cancelled or have ended (e.g., Lost, Jericho, Flashflorward).

I liked the most recent episode of SOA. I know Opie didn't deliver any kill shots, but I think they'll handle it correctly. It is way past the point where Clay will be allowed to live (but perhaps they'll pull a shocker and off Opie). Either way, they're not going to kill Clay off with two episodes left in the season, and I didn't expect them to do so.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 22, 2011 -> 10:14 PM)
Uh, no. Uh, not at all. Uh, brother and sister and just divorced IRL. Again, uh, no.

Uh uh uh uh uh uh

I know its weird, but earlier this season Dexter started expressing how the only person that he trusts is Deb, and then this week what she did was straight up "my husband is ignoring me and I want to know why". It has just been a weird season for the two of them, neither of them have a love interest, and the show is focusing on their relationship now

Their personal life has nothing to do with their on screen relationship, if it did then they probably would have written her off the show. Those two interact more than any two characters on the show