2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 27, 2011 -> 11:00 PM)
As boring as this season has been, that was one great "mid-season" finale for Walking Dead. There was closure, the scene between Shane and Dale was tense as could be, and Rick finally stepped up and showed that he has the balls to do what needs to be done to lead.

Definitely a step up, but I still feel like they are going about a ton of things the wrong way after reading the graphic novel, maybe that has officially skewed my perception of the show forever now...

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 27, 2011 -> 11:00 PM)
As boring as this season has been, that was one great "mid-season" finale for Walking Dead. There was closure, the scene between Shane and Dale was tense as could be, and Rick finally stepped up and showed that he has the balls to do what needs to be done to lead.

Agree that was a pretty good episode.

The Sophia reveal was also pretty good. For some reason I never suspected she'd be in the barn, so that was a good "oh s***!" moment.

Couple of gripes my wife and I talked about afterwards: What ever happened to the black guy and his son that Rick was supposed to talk to every morning? Are we supposed to forget about them? And why hasn't Rick revealed what the CDC guy told him? You'd think in a "are zombies capable of being saved or should we just shoot them all" debate, whatever he was told would be somewhat important.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 28, 2011 -> 09:40 AM)

The Sophia reveal was also pretty good. For some reason I never suspected she'd be in the barn, so that was a good "oh s***!" moment.

Couple of gripes my wife and I talked about afterwards: What ever happened to the black guy and his son that Rick was supposed to talk to every morning? Are we supposed to forget about them? And why hasn't Rick revealed what the CDC guy told him? You'd think in a "are zombies capable of being saved or should we just shoot them all" debate, whatever he was told would be somewhat important.

Seriously, how did no one suspect that

she was a zombie in the barn

? I didn't hear that rumor even once, and it suddenly seems so obvious. They got us good.

I'm utterly baffled by what the CDC guy must have told Rick. I assumed it was about Lori being pregnant, but Rick seemed genuinely surprised by that revelation (not so much about the relationship she had with Shane, though). I'm also not sure where they go from here. They obviously have to leave the farm eventually, but there really isn't much reason for it to happen now. I would assume that it is suddenly overrun by zombies, just like at the quarry.

And I can't stress how cool it is that Rick finally stepped into the driver's seat in that final scene. He was too soft up until that point.

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 28, 2011 -> 09:40 AM)

That was awesome.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 28, 2011 -> 10:40 AM)
Seriously, how did no one suspect that

she was a zombie in the barn

? I didn't hear that rumor even once, and it suddenly seems so obvious. They got us good.

I'm utterly baffled by what the CDC guy must have told Rick. I assumed it was about Lori being pregnant, but Rick seemed genuinely surprised by that revelation (not so much about the relationship she had with Shane, though). I'm also not sure where they go from here. They obviously have to leave the farm eventually, but there really isn't much reason for it to happen now. I would assume that it is suddenly overrun by zombies, just like at the quarry.

And I can't stress how cool it is that Rick finally stepped into the driver's seat in that final scene. He was too soft up until that point.

I was torn by this. I think it would have made more sense for Shane to do it. He went all crazy and that could have been his "oh s***, i'm as bad as they are. Dale was right" moment. Instead Rick stole that just for what? To show he can make a tough decision? Eh.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 28, 2011 -> 10:48 AM)
I was torn by this. I think it would have made more sense for Shane to do it. He went all crazy and that could have been his "oh s***, i'm as bad as they are. Dale was right" moment. Instead Rick stole that just for what? To show he can make a tough decision? Eh.

To show that Shane really isn't the badass he makes himself out to be. When it came down to it, the only guy who was fit to make the hard decisions was the guy leading the entire time. I think it puts everyone in their places and fits perfectly into what they were trying to make Rick the entire time. If you noticed, people were starting to lean more on Shane this season. His whole macho act was understandably fooling everyone. But when it came time to make the tough decision that a leader has to make, only Rick had the balls to step up.

Edited by Milkman delivers

And Dexter...oy. What hope they got out of me earlier in the season has completely been destroyed. It's basically a soap opera at this point.

The part where Debra was explaining to her therapist all of the crazy s*** that's happened to her, I couldn't help but look at that scene as someone who had never seen Dexter before. And when I did, it just cemented how f***ing stupid and unbelievable the show has become. I don't think I can do another season of it.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 28, 2011 -> 05:01 PM)
To show that Shane really isn't the badass he makes himself out to be. When it came down to it, the only guy who was fit to make the hard decisions was the guy leading the entire time. I think it puts everyone in their places and fits perfectly into what they were trying to make Rick the entire time. If you noticed, people were starting to lean more on Shane this season. His whole macho act was understandably fooling everyone. But when it came time to make the tough decision that a leader has to make, only Rick had the balls to step up.

Agreed. I liked how they handled that.

I also was not expecting Sophia in the barn. When it was clear there was another zombie left to walk out, I thought it was going to be Herschel's wife. I'm really surprised they didn't make a point to show her getting put down along with Herschel's reaction. Oh well.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Nov 28, 2011 -> 11:07 AM)

I also was not expecting Sophia in the barn. When it was clear there was another zombie left to walk out, I thought it was going to be Herschel's wife. I'm really surprised they didn't make a point to show her getting put down along with Herschel's reaction. Oh well.

Well, it'd be sort of difficult to do that, as we don't know which zombie was his wife. It might have come off as contrived if they tried to make one stick out of the pack as his wife. I finally figured out it was Sophia when you could hear another zombie after the pause.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Nov 28, 2011 -> 11:07 AM)

I suppose that makes sense about Shane, though the reverse is that he's the only one with the balls to make the decision to not mess around with a barn full of zombies.

And yeah, I thought it was going to be Herschel's wife with Shane having to make a decision about whether to kill a pregnant woman (and the ramifications of that - would the baby be infected also)? Same (and better) idea with Sophia though.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 28, 2011 -> 06:10 PM)
I suppose that makes sense about Shane, though the reverse is that he's the only one with the balls to make the decision to not mess around with a barn full of zombies.

And yeah, I thought it was going to be Herschel's wife with Shane having to make a decision about whether to kill a pregnant woman (and the ramifications of that - would the baby be infected also)? Same (and better) idea with Sophia though.

Herschel's wife was pregnant? I didn't pick that up