2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Dec 30, 2011 -> 06:03 PM)
I know, I've seen the reviews. And I can honestly say I still only know 1 person who didn't agree.

Reviews of comedies don't influence my opinions at all.

The audience is at 59% which is right around that "ok" level. Which it was. That movie was OK.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Dec 30, 2011 -> 08:30 PM)
The audience is at 59% which is right around that "ok" level. Which it was. That movie was OK.

Still doesn't change my statement. Maybe the movie was geared more towards college kids (I'm sure it was), but like I said, only 1 person I know didn't think it was hilarious. You can not like certain movies, that's not going to bother me. My roommate thinks Dinner for Schmucks was a hilarious movie and I, on the other hand, couldn't even finish it, it was so bad. It's whatever though, comedies are usually hit or miss.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Dec 30, 2011 -> 06:47 PM)
Still doesn't change my statement. Maybe the movie was geared more towards college kids (I'm sure it was), but like I said, only 1 person I know didn't think it was hilarious. You can not like certain movies, that's not going to bother me. My roommate thinks Dinner for Schmucks was a hilarious movie and I, on the other hand, couldn't even finish it, it was so bad. It's whatever though, comedies are usually hit or miss.

College kids? Grown Ups is geared towards little kids and their parents.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 30, 2011 -> 08:18 PM)
College kids? Grown Ups is geared towards little kids and their parents.

Well then they must have tapped in to a demographic that they didn't intend to, because it's a hit among college people I know.

Also, it's rated PG-13. Not sure how "little kids" constitute teenagers, unless you are an old crotchety adult, which could be the case. :lol:

Edited by JoeCoolMan24

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Dec 30, 2011 -> 10:20 PM)
Well then they must have tapped in to a demographic that they didn't intend to, because it's a hit among college people I know.

Also, it's rated PG-13. Not sure how "little kids" constitute teenagers, unless you are an old crotchety adult, which could be the case. :lol:

PG-13 means that kids have to be accompanied by an adult, so I'm betting a ton if their demographic was around 8-14 and their parents.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Dec 30, 2011 -> 10:20 PM)

Not sure what college you went too lol, it definitely wasn't a hit at mine.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 30, 2011 -> 09:42 AM)
Given the bluray player I got for X-Mas, the PS3 I already have, and the wife and my Fire/Nooks, I signed up for Netflix streaming. First on the list is The League, which I somehow never watched.

One thing, is there a way to get just an alphabetical listing of everything that is on Netflix? I get the categories with like 30 or so flicks/shows in each, but I know there is way more, because when I search for other stuff it shows up.

/netflixnoob

http://instantwatcher.com/

This site will let you sort them alphabetically if you go to ALL on the red bar at the top. Its also good for telling you the new stuff they add and when theyre taking off older stuff and you can sync it right to your instant queue.

Also, Netflix.com is a lot easier to find stuff then the menus on PS3 and Xbox