2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jan 17, 2011 -> 01:18 PM)
I thought that was a bit of an odd comment. why did he say it?

You can say the same thing about the countless number of entertainers and athletes that thank God publicly for things.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 17, 2011 -> 01:22 PM)
You can say the same thing about the countless number of entertainers and athletes that thank God publicly for things.

Well, if something good happened they are just being grateful to their god. But to say for no apparent reason that you are glad to be an atheist seemed really out of place.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 17, 2011 -> 01:26 PM)
It was during the closing credits basically. As it pans out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5kQcvQEs1g

I think its pretty clear he did it to make light of people who thank god for winning awards.

ahhh ok, yea, he was mocking them. I didnt see the very end. I just read the quote.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jan 17, 2011 -> 01:23 PM)
Well, if something good happened they are just being grateful to their god. But to say for no apparent reason that you are glad to be an atheist seemed really out of place.

Without making this a religious debate, I, and I'm sure many others, get annoyed by entertainers praising God publicly. And obviously religious people are now getting annoyed that he flaunted his atheism.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 17, 2011 -> 01:28 PM)
Without making this a religious debate, I, and I'm sure many others, get annoyed by entertainers praising God publicly. And obviously religious people are now getting annoyed that he flaunted his atheism.

Given how often religious people flaunt their religion, there's no good reason for them to get pissed off about that.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 17, 2011 -> 02:28 PM)

That is why one of my favorite sports moments of last year was Stevie Johnson blaming god for him dropping that pass. That was awesome

Edited by whitesoxfan99

QUOTE (3E8 @ Jan 19, 2011 -> 09:18 PM)
Word is Ricky Gervais is guest starring on The Office next week as David Brent. Michael Scott is based on David Brent, who Ricky played in the original and superior Office UK, so this is exciting news.

Wouldn't it be interesting if he took over after Steve Carrel left?

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jan 20, 2011 -> 06:06 AM)
Watched the first two episodes of Shameless. Good show.

I like it as well. Wasn't expecting it to get so dramatic at times and twisted at others. Didn't know Joan Cusak had it in her. Macy was great. After the pilot, I wasn't sure what kind of role he would have on the show.

QUOTE (juddling @ Jan 21, 2011 -> 07:16 AM)
Fringe is back tonight!!!!!!!!!

That's right. I hope the move to Friday isn't the death of that show. I imagine (and hope) that now in the age of DVRs, what night of the week a show is on doesn't matter as much. I for one don't watch any shows when they are on. I'd be lost without my DVR.

pyramid-jumbo_fullsize.jpeg

Parks & Rec got off to a great start. Ron Swanson as Bob Knight was hilarious.

"The Office" is having one of it's strongest season and really showcasing a strong cast that I'll happily continue to watch after Michael Scott leaves.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jan 19, 2011 -> 09:13 PM)
Just watched the first episode of The Cape, could a show be more corny? I thought a batman like tv show could of been good but I have little faith this show lasts a season.

I finally got around to watching it........ thought it was pretty good actually.