2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 10, 2011 -> 08:42 AM)
According to Gilligan (through Sepinwall), Huell lifted the cigarettes from Jesse while patting him down. Glad that guy finally had a real purpose.

STEVE, YOU WATCH IT YET?

Huh. So what happened to the cigarette.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading the interviews with Gilligan, it's amazing that he and his writers have no idea what's going to happen with the story. They have ideas, and they know some outstanding issues they need to cover, but how it's all going to end? They'll figure it out in November when they start writing the last season.

Amazing episode. Solid A. I was fine with Gus coming out, because honestly for the first second or two I thought he might have survived. I think there was enough of a delay between the camera shot in the hallway and the eventual blast to make you think that Gus at least got out of his chair and was able to get a few feet away. Seriously injured? Sure, but not necessarily blown away.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 10, 2011 -> 08:43 AM)
Reading the interviews with Gilligan, it's amazing that he and his writers have no idea what's going to happen with the story. They have ideas, and they know some outstanding issues they need to cover, but how it's all going to end? They'll figure it out in November when they start writing the last season.

Amazing episode. Solid A. I was fine with Gus coming out, because honestly for the first second or two I thought he might have survived. I think there was enough of a delay between the camera shot in the hallway and the eventual blast to make you think that Gus at least got out of his chair and was able to get a few feet away. Seriously injured? Sure, but not necessarily blown away.

My first reaction was to be pissed, because Gus had survived. I was thinking first walking away from the carbomb magically before Walt set it off, and now he survives that. Then they showed his face, and he died, and I felt better about it.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 10, 2011 -> 05:32 AM)
Great interview with Vince Gilligan on Season 4 and beyond.

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-alan-wat...ortems-season-4

f***. Two more eight episode seasons? Damn it.

Next season is 16 episodes, it sounds like they'll air over two years. How are you planning it out? Are you going to insert a specific break point around episode 8, 9 or 10?

I think so. It sounds to me like the thinking on the part of AMC is to split it into two seasons. So we'll try to have a proper cliffhanger, I would think, at the end of the first 8. Which I don't think would be too tough for us, because we try to do a cliffhanger more or less with everything we do. We try to play each one like it's our last as much as we possibly can. Hopefully, that won't be too tough.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 10, 2011 -> 08:40 AM)
That cutaway was the only bad part of the episode. Get rid of that thing with Gus walking out of the room blown away, and that is a perfect episode.

No way. Him fixing his tie before dying was perfect.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 10, 2011 -> 03:35 AM)
It could not be clearer that Walt poisoned the kid. This was my point about having to be punched in the face with something. You just caught a right hook, and you don't know it somehow.

Remember when he played spin-the-bottle and the gun pointed at

at him twice, then pointed at THE EXACT PLANT THAT HAPPENS TO SHARE THE NAME OF THE POISON THAT ALMOST KILLED THE KID? The one that Jesse said is commonly ingested by children, and then Walt had a s***-eating grin on his face about? God damn it.

Oh my bad. I guess I forgot how black and white this show is and how everything is exactly how it appears.

/sarcasm

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 10, 2011 -> 10:18 AM)
Oh my bad. I guess I forgot how black and white this show is and how everything is exactly how it appears.

/sarcasm

Your sarcasm is unwarranted. It couldn't be more obvious unless they did a retarded voice over of Walt's thoughts saying that he poisoned the kid, holding your hand through the thought process.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 10, 2011 -> 11:47 AM)
Your sarcasm is unwarranted. It couldn't be more obvious unless they did a retarded voice over of Walt's thoughts saying that he poisoned the kid, holding your hand through the thought process.

And if you have any questions, they have pretty much said it is true by the post show interviews.

In response to me saying that Hector will get his eventually.....

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 11:31 AM)
Hector or Gus? Because Hector has already gotten his. He's unable to communicate with anyone other than through a bell. And Gus has now taken everything else from him. His entire family is gone and every single business associate has been murdered by Gus. All he can do is sit there and stew in it for the rest of his miserable life. Gus has made it his mission to inform him of all of this, but to keep him alive to suffer even more for having killed Gus' friend years ago. I seriously doubt that Gus has any plans to kill Hector.

So in light of reading interviews from Vince Gilligan, and re-watching the scene of Walt spinning his gun on the table, I am now in full belief that it was Walt who poisoned Brock, but I'd just like to point out that you don't always know everything and you shouldn't sit on top of your ivory tower and mock people for thinking thoughts other than your own. Breaking Bad is not as predictable as you seem to think.

Edited by JoeCoolMan24

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 10, 2011 -> 09:41 PM)
In response to me saying that Hector will get his eventually.....

So in light of reading interviews from Vince Gilligan, and re-watching the scene of Walt spinning his gun on the table, I am now in full belief that it was Walt who poisoned Brock, but I'd just like to point out that you don't always know everything and you shouldn't sit on top of your ivory tower and mock people for thinking thoughts other than your own. Breaking Bad is not as predictable as you seem to think.

Hector had gotten his. And Gus was going to allow him to continue living his miserable life, but had to change that because it seemed like Hector was informing for the DEA. What you're trying to say is completely different. It's obvious to anyone, except clearly you, that Walt did it. The creator himself even said it afterwards. You're saying that something that happened probably didn't happen. What I said, and it's clearly the truth, was something that would continue if Walt and Jesse hadn't arranged for Gus to change his mind about Hector. I somehow don't think you'll even get what I'm explaining here. Just give it up, you're wrong.

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 10, 2011 -> 10:46 PM)
Hector had gotten his. And Gus was going to allow him to continue living his miserable life, but had to change that because it seemed like Hector was informing for the DEA. What you're trying to say is completely different. It's obvious to anyone, except clearly you, that Walt did it. The creator himself even said it afterwards. You're saying that something that happened probably didn't happen. What I said, and it's clearly the truth, was something that would continue if Walt and Jesse hadn't arranged for Gus to change his mind about Hector. I somehow don't think you'll even get what I'm explaining here. Just give it up, you're wrong.

It's like you didn't even read my post.....