2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 11, 2011 -> 11:29 AM)
Very good to know. The firing of Darabont worried me.

I think they said he was let go or left after they made these two. So don't hold your breath yet. Ha

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 11, 2011 -> 11:02 AM)
I believe that's how most people got it, as did I.

Joe, I'm gonna give up. Anyone could see that Gus had no plans to kill him. If you can't even get that, perhaps you should watch something a little more ham-fisted.

Is less about me needed to watch dumber shows and more about you needing to stop being such a dickhead and cocksure about things. I see you are firmly planted on that high horse, but maybe tone it down a bit. That or I just ignore your cocksure comments (when it comes to TV shows, at least), which is probably the only reasonable way this turns out.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 11, 2011 -> 01:48 PM)
I think they said he was let go or left after they made these two. So don't hold your breath yet. Ha

Way to bring it right back down, ya jerk :D

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 11, 2011 -> 02:55 PM)
Is less about me needed to watch dumber shows and more about you needing to stop being such a dickhead and cocksure about things. I see you are firmly planted on that high horse, but maybe tone it down a bit. That or I just ignore your cocksure comments (when it comes to TV shows, at least), which is probably the only reasonable way this turns out.

Perhaps that's the best idea. I haven't seen anybody else complain.

How is Unser not everyone's favorite SOA character? You know this is just going to lead to his death, but he's selfless in about every situation I can recall.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 11, 2011 -> 09:31 PM)
Best Tosh in a while.

I keep forgetting to watch that this year.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 11, 2011 -> 09:49 PM)
Join me in the 1%

I don't think I know what you're saying.

ugh... at the risk of sounding like that nerdy comic book guy from The Simpsons, ABC's new series 'Once Upon A Time' is a pretty blatant rip-off of Bill Willingham's graphic novel series 'FABLES'. I would have loved to see this storyline played out on tv, but not this way. Not when some network shreds it to bits and tries to pass it off as 'an original story brought to you by the creators of LOST'. ick.

okay. that's all.

/back to counting down the days til the Bulls are back.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 11, 2011 -> 10:02 PM)
How is Unser not everyone's favorite SOA character? You know this is just going to lead to his death, but he's selfless in about every situation I can recall.

f***ing Juice, I can't believe he went that route with it.

But yea, Unser is the guy that helps everyone but is probably the biggest sucker because you just know he's gonna get killed by someone.

This was an episode to remind the viewers that these guys are bad, you may root for them but they are bad people.

I was out of town until yesterday, so I just got around to watching Breaking Bad. First, I thought Gus walking out of the room with half a face and fixing his tie was awesome. Second, the thought that Gus had poisoned Brock didn't cross my mind until the end when I was sure that he had. He had to convince Jesse that Gus needed to be killed, and he did so by poisoning the kid.

It will be interesting to see what direction they take the show next season.

Finally figured out who created the intro to American Horror Story:

The clip, created by Kyle Cooper and his company Prologue who are responsible for the acclaimed openers for Seven and The Walking Dead...

[snip]

Meanwhile, the music is also an original song called “American Horror Story” and was created by sound designer Cesar Davila-Irizarry and musician Charlie Clouser, formerly of Nine Inch Nails. It too incorporates the house, specifically the ambient noises, like dripping water.

via

There's a video at the link.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Oct 12, 2011 -> 06:23 AM)
I was out of town until yesterday, so I just got around to watching Breaking Bad. First, I thought Gus walking out of the room with half a face and fixing his tie was awesome. Second, the thought that Gus had poisoned Brock didn't cross my mind until the end when I was sure that he had. He had to convince Jesse that Gus needed to be killed, and he did so by poisoning the kid.

It will be interesting to see what direction they take the show next season.

I, too, finally got to watch it...

• Walt is officially evil.
  • I enjoyed the shot of Gus's half-face, if only to ensure he won't be back next season. The only way he's returning to AMC is on The Walking Dead.
  • I presume authorities will be curious why he was visiting Saltamaca.
  • That + the laundromat explosion is sure to gain Hank the recognition he deserves.
  • Walt is evil as f***.
  • Walt is a super-genius.
  • To continue to cook would be silly, but obvoiusly they will since there's more show.
  • That scene at the end, centering on the Lillies of the Valley... that would have been a perfect way to end the series.

What an intense f***ing season. I was very happy to see Gus be blown to smithereens, but also part of me wasn't happy. It's weird. I find it comical that Walt became the biggest villain, yet I still sort of root for him.

This show is the cream of the crop.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 10, 2011 -> 08:42 AM)
STEVE, YOU WATCH IT YET?

Sunday Night Football + Bears Monday Night Football + power issues on Tuesday meant I couldn't watch til last night. That was riveting, edge of your seat stuff, and I really, really, really wish that it'd been the series finale. They cannot top the last 5-6 weeks. Those are, in my opinion, the best 5-6 weeks in tv series history.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 13, 2011 -> 09:15 AM)
I, too, finally got to watch it...

• Walt is officially evil.
  • I enjoyed the shot of Gus's half-face, if only to ensure he won't be back next season. The only way he's returning to AMC is on The Walking Dead.
  • I presume authorities will be curious why he was visiting Saltamaca.
  • That + the laundromat explosion is sure to gain Hank the recognition he deserves.
  • Walt is evil as f***.
  • Walt is a super-genius.
  • To continue to cook would be silly, but obvoiusly they will since there's more show.
  • That scene at the end, centering on the Lillies of the Valley... that would have been a perfect way to end the series.

What an intense f***ing season. I was very happy to see Gus be blown to smithereens, but also part of me wasn't happy. It's weird. I find it comical that Walt became the biggest villain, yet I still sort of root for him.

This show is the cream of the crop.

A couple of things. I'm sure Gus will be back a few times in flashback form. They made the season finale also work as a series finale on purpose, as they weren't sure they were going to be brought back because of the negotiations with AMC.

I completely agree with your sentiment on losing the character of Gus. I grew to absolutely love that character. I was on my feet when the explosion happened, but I knew I'd miss that antagonist.

I'm at the point now that I'm not rooting for Walt anymore. I want him to continue to further to plot, obviously, but I'm definitely rooting for Hank to take him down and for Jesse to be the one to walk away unscathed.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 13, 2011 -> 09:36 AM)
So better TV villan... Gus from Bad, or Ben from LOST.

I never could get into Lost, so I couldn't say. It's hard to top Gus, though. The only characters I can think of to give him a run for his money are over-the-top caricatures of evil people. Lost just seemed to make s*** up as it went while somehow convincing people that there was a larger picture the entire time.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 10, 2011 -> 11:47 AM)
Your sarcasm is unwarranted. It couldn't be more obvious unless they did a retarded voice over of Walt's thoughts saying that he poisoned the kid, holding your hand through the thought process.

This is funny because it's true. You don't zoom in on Walt, then immediately show the plant in Walt's backyard... it all tied together so perfectly. I mean, even the gun pointed toward it after landing on Walt twice.