Official 2011-2012 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 7, 2011 -> 05:32 PM)
That rumor has been circulating for a while but so far havent seen anywhere else pick it up. Outside of that 1 NU poster, most believe that LHN is the reason why Texas wont be going to the Pac 10 or the Big 10.

It's also why them going independent is the most likely scenario to me.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Sep 7, 2011 -> 07:30 PM)
It's also why them going independent is the most likely scenario to me.

Yup, go independent for a season or two and see how things shake out. Texas will be wanted by a few conferences so they wont need to rush to another conference to be the 13th or 14th team. They'll take their time and be the 15th/16th team in a mega conference.

Yep today I wake up to: Texas and ND have proposed a plan to the Big 10 to join in the year 2014.

If you go back in this thread youll see I noted that the Big 10 likely doesnt want to do anything until then due to the tv contracts. So if its a rumor (which i believe it is) at least the person is using some common sense.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 8, 2011 -> 11:10 AM)
Yep today I wake up to: Texas and ND have proposed a plan to the Big 10 to join in the year 2014.

If you go back in this thread youll see I noted that the Big 10 likely doesnt want to do anything until then due to the tv contracts. So if its a rumor (which i believe it is) at least the person is using some common sense.

It would make a lot of sense in that Texas could keep the Longhorn Network, ND could keep the NBC contract, and the rest of the schools could keep the Big 10 Network share.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Sep 8, 2011 -> 11:23 AM)
It would make a lot of sense in that Texas could keep the Longhorn Network, ND could keep the NBC contract, and the rest of the schools could keep the Big 10 Network share.

It makes a lot of sense in that context. The hardest part would be devising a way to make the playoff game revenue work for the BigTen title games.

I assume the Big 10 title game revenue would be completely unrelated because that deal is with Fox (unrelated to all other deals) until 2016. So if you are talking 2014-2015 it would be right around the time to renegotiate the deals. ND NBC deal expires in 2015. Big 10 ABC deal expires 2016.

Hence why the time line makes sense.

(edit)

So if you really want to read between the lines of the rumor.

IF ND/Texas were to join around 2014 the Big 10 could sell its conference to the highest bidder (NBC, ABC and who I believe is the darkhorse Fox). Fox could potentially buy the rights to all Big 10 games (Fox already owns half the BTN) and give the Big 10 3 prime time games on Saturday (Fox at 12, 3 and 7), with all other games on BTN.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 8, 2011 -> 11:56 AM)
IF ND/Texas were to join around 2014 the Big 10 could sell its conference to the highest bidder (NBC, ABC and who I believe is the darkhorse Fox). Fox could potentially buy the rights to all Big 10 games (Fox already owns half the BTN) and give the Big 10 3 prime time games on Saturday (Fox at 12, 3 and 7), with all other games on BTN.

That would be brilliant move.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 8, 2011 -> 10:56 AM)
I assume the Big 10 title game revenue would be completely unrelated because that deal is with Fox (unrelated to all other deals) until 2016. So if you are talking 2014-2015 it would be right around the time to renegotiate the deals. ND NBC deal expires in 2015. Big 10 ABC deal expires 2016.

Hence why the time line makes sense.

(edit)

So if you really want to read between the lines of the rumor.

I think if I have to listen to Fox broadcasters 3x on a Saturday I might just shoot myself!

QUOTE (The Bones @ Sep 10, 2011 -> 12:53 AM)
What was that about?! Going to overtime now. I still think Mizzou has the momentum.

I'm sure he'll say why after the game. I'm not sure I believe in icing the kicker anyway. He looked jumpy beforehand on one of them so I was glad he called the 2nd TO. In general though, it's weird.

QUOTE (The Bones @ Sep 10, 2011 -> 01:05 AM)
So much for that. ASU will be coming into Champaign undefeated next week. Should be a good one.

Don't see how Illinois will be able to stop ASU. Shouldn't be a good one.

Pinkel said he wanted to draw the D offsides on the FG attempts.