Official 2011-2012 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hope Mike Thomas gets rid of the entire Illinois coaching staff except for Vic Koenning although he s*** the bed on that last drive (and even then if it wasn't for that weakass pass interference call Illinois stops PSU). Zook needs to go.

I'd also like to point out that I'm looking forward to Illinois getting yet another apology letter from the Big 10 offices for the officiating today. Two turnovers by Illinois that shouldn't have been turnovers. One interception where Jenkins was clearly down by contact and only after he had been down for a couple seconds was the ball ripped away and on another there was as obvious of a personal foul that as you will ever see not called. On both those possessions Illinois was in good position to score. And then you add in the questionable PI call at the end any it makes you wonder.

Edited by whitesoxfan99

That is the most 1 sided refereed game I have seen in a long time.............................This is not Paterno's win it was a gift wrapped X-mas present. The lead announcer had a hard on for Penn St all FN day! Zook has to go!

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Oct 29, 2011 -> 07:11 PM)
That is the most 1 sided refereed game I have seen in a long time.............................This is not Paterno's win it was a gift wrapped X-mas present. The lead announcer had a hard on for Penn St all FN day! Zook has to go!

I know I'm exaggerating but Paterno has 'won" a game in like 4 years. He sits in the press box and cant even wear the headsets to appear like he's involved. He's no more of a coach then the guy sitting in row 60. s***, a few weeks ago he didnt even go down to the locker room during half time! It is truly pathetic that he's padding his record like this.

--Although I cant blame him for being in the press box today. I may not have a high opinion of his record but I dont want the guy to get sick and die from standing in the snow for 4 hours.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 29, 2011 -> 05:57 PM)
I hope Mike Thomas gets rid of the entire Illinois coaching staff except for Vic Koenning although he s*** the bed on that last drive (and even then if it wasn't for that weakass pass interference call Illinois stops PSU). Zook needs to go.

I'd also like to point out that I'm looking forward to Illinois getting yet another apology letter from the Big 10 offices for the officiating today. Two turnovers by Illinois that shouldn't have been turnovers. One interception where Jenkins was clearly down by contact and only after he had been down for a couple seconds was the ball ripped away and on another there was as obvious of a personal foul that as you will ever see not called. On both those possessions Illinois was in good position to score. And then you add in the questionable PI call at the end any it makes you wonder.

Illinois gets these letters it seems EVERY year against one of the Big Ten so called elite.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Disco72 @ Oct 29, 2011 -> 07:42 PM)
If anyone is watching the Tennessee game, Rodgers just had one of the worst drops you'll see. A TD pass right through his hands....you just have a feeling the game is going to turn on that.

That play clearly changed the game. And Waggner not scoring on his INT return killed. I told the guys I was watching the game with that Worley was going to throw a redzone pick and one play later it happened. Those 2 plays kept 14 points off the board.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 29, 2011 -> 09:36 PM)
If Clemson comes back to beat GT tonight, they better buy the line judge whatever he wants. Clemson defensive lineman was so far offsides, it wasn't funny and it resulted in 14 point swing.

One of the worst non-calls I've ever seen. I really hope GT pulls this one out.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Oct 29, 2011 -> 10:58 PM)
That play clearly changed the game. And Waggner not scoring on his INT return killed. I told the guys I was watching the game with that Worley was going to throw a redzone pick and one play later it happened. Those 2 plays kept 14 points off the board.

Well, you got Worley some game experience, but he isn't ready for that really.

It sucks, because Dooley is my 2nd favorite coach in all of football, and I really hope he wins somewhere.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Oct 29, 2011 -> 10:57 PM)
Heads, I don't know what the hell just happened. But at least use lube next time.

It's called a letdown win from a team overperforming the week before. See Michigan State.

Also, just realized this: USC is 6-1 with all their games against BCS conference teams and their only loss on the road to a ranked team. However, they are unranked. What world at we living in that USC is horribly underrated?

Edit: nevermind didn't realize the polls couldn't vote for them due to sanctions. AP has them 20. That still seems low.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Oct 29, 2011 -> 11:59 PM)
It's called a letdown win from a team overperforming the week before. See Michigan State.

Also, just realized this: USC is 6-1 with all their games against BCS conference teams and their only loss on the road to a ranked team. However, they are unranked. What world at we living in that USC is horribly underrated?

Edit: nevermind didn't realize the polls couldn't vote for them due to sanctions. AP has them 20. That still seems low.

Seriously, wtf was that game about?? It is one thing to suffer a hangover after a huge win (see us last year losing at Kentucky by 3 after beating #1 Bama). But...that wasn't even remotely a game..