Official 2011-2012 NCAA Football Thread

Id think Ball should win the Heisman. When you look back at what he did this year, its just really hard to argue Richardson over him:

Ball: Rushing yards 1,759, yards per attempt 6.4, TD's 32

Receiving yards 255, TD's 6

Richardson: Rushing yards 1,583, yards per attempt 6.0, TD's 20

Receiving yards 327, TD's 3

If you go QB, I think its Wilson or Griffin. Both could break the record for passer rating.

Griffin 192.3, Wilson 191.6... Luck 167.8

Just really no good reason Luck should even be in the equation.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 5, 2011 -> 12:18 PM)
Yep. Alabama got in because they are Alabama. Let's not kid ourselves. If OSU had dropped the State off the end of their name, they'd undoubtedly be in right now.

Or if OSU wouldve dropped Iowa State when they were 28 point favorites then they'd undoubtedly be in right now.

OSU controlled their own destiny and they failed. They had their shot at playing LSU but they lost to a 6-6 team.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Dec 5, 2011 -> 11:38 PM)
Or if OSU wouldve dropped Iowa State when they were 28 point favorites then they'd undoubtedly be in right now.

OSU controlled their own destiny and they failed. They had their shot at playing LSU but they lost to a 6-6 team.

The same f***ing thing could be said for alabama. I don't understand how you have a point. They had their shot and failed.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 5, 2011 -> 05:40 PM)
The same f***ing thing could be said for alabama. I don't understand how you have a point. They had their shot and failed.

And they were dropped behind OSU in the polls after losing.

So OSU should not be penalized for losing 2 weeks later to Iowa State?

For years people would say, "its not who you lose to but when you lose." Are people really expecting the voters not to drop OSU any spots when losing the second to the last game of the season to a 6-6 team when there are other 1 loss teams out there?

QUOTE (zenryan @ Dec 5, 2011 -> 11:47 PM)
And they were dropped behind OSU in the polls after losing.

So OSU should not be penalized for losing 2 weeks later to Iowa State?

For years people would say, "its not who you lose to but when you lose." Are people really expecting the voters not to drop OSU any spots when losing the second to the last game of the season to a 6-6 team when there are other 1 loss teams out there?

And it's also "when you win", and when you win a game against a top ten opponent while the other contender sits at home because they couldn't win their division to get into the conference championship that used to matter. But now we know. Win a conference championship = meaningless. Lose a conference championship = f***s you out of any BCS bowl. Sit on the sidelines = Key to having a bowl bid. Suck just enough not to have to play for the title, while not so much that you are a bad team.

How many s***ty losses did USC have that last decade and writers still put them near the top every year? It doesn't matter if you are a classic team, I guess. All of your former football players are all over TV, and the writers have followed you their whole lives.

Edited by bmags

For the record, OSU did not play a CCG like Alabama. OSU also did not have to win their division (like Alabama), because the Big 12 did not have divisions.

Most people are going to agree that losing a game to LSU in OT is better than losing a game to ISU in OT.

The best argument for OSU, is that OSU didnt play LSU and therefore its a new and more interesting match up.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 5, 2011 -> 04:24 PM)
I may be thinking on the negative side today but I can see the Big Ten getting swept or only winning 1 bowl game.

I'll take Purdue because I dont know anything about WMU and I think Ohio St beats Florida.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 5, 2011 -> 04:57 PM)
And it's also "when you win", and when you win a game against a top ten opponent while the other contender sits at home because they couldn't win their division to get into the conference championship that used to matter. But now we know. Win a conference championship = meaningless. Lose a conference championship = f***s you out of any BCS bowl. Sit on the sidelines = Key to having a bowl bid. Suck just enough not to have to play for the title, while not so much that you are a bad team.

How many s***ty losses did USC have that last decade and writers still put them near the top every year? It doesn't matter if you are a classic team, I guess. All of your former football players are all over TV, and the writers have followed you their whole lives.

Yes, worst possible outcome for a team is going to their conference championship game and then losing. You WILL fall in the polls and with the computers. Its better to lose in your conference early on and then win out while some other shlub goes to the CCG.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Dec 6, 2011 -> 12:02 AM)
For the record, OSU did not play a CCG like Alabama. OSU also did not have to win their division (like Alabama), because the Big 12 did not have divisions.

Most people are going to agree that losing a game to LSU in OT is better than losing a game to ISU in OT.

The best argument for OSU, is that OSU didnt play LSU and therefore its a new and more interesting match up.

Well i'll take OSUs total schedule vs. alabama's.

How many s***ty losses did USC have that last decade and writers still put them near the top every year?

You mean when USC had those bad losses to Stanford(07) and at Oregon St(08) they fell from the number 1 ranking to around 7th or 8th. Both losses happened in September or early October and because they didnt lose again, they were able to climb the rankings when other teams lost.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 5, 2011 -> 05:32 PM)
Heisman finalists are Luck, Richardson, Griffin, Mathieu, & Ball. In other news, I'm an idiot, lol.

After what people said on here that sounds accurate to me. I think the only reason Mathieu got invited is that none of the hyped players had Heisman years. Ball and Griffin got late hype and weren't on top 5 teams. Of those 5 I'd go Griffin, Mathieu, Ball, Richardson, Luck in that order. Not sure I'd even put Luck in my top 5, but too lazy to replace a 5th place vote lol.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Dec 5, 2011 -> 05:02 PM)
I'll take Purdue because I dont know anything about WMU and I think Ohio St beats Florida.

Little Caesars

Western Michigan vs Purdue

Insight

Iowa vs Oklahoma

Meineke Car Care of Texas

Northwestern vs Texas A&M

Kraft Fight Hunger

Illinois vs UCLA

TicketCity

Houston vs Penn State

Outback

Michigan State vs Georgia

Capital One

Nebraska vs South Carolina

Taxslayer.com Gator Bowl

Ohio State vs Florida

Rose Bowl Game presented by Vizio

Wisconsin vs Oregon

Allstate Sugar

Virginia Tech vs Michigan

Thats what I have looking at it negatively. Michigan got handed one of the worst BCS teams in recent history so they should win that game. Neb, ILL, Pur, OSU should be toss ups that could go either way. The rest dont look so hot. I honestly dont think Wisconsin has a chance against Oregon, it is possibly the worst matchup for them, especially this year with their defense.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Dec 5, 2011 -> 06:52 PM)
sucks that Keenum couldnt get an invite.

45 TDs to 5 INTS. Over 5000 yards passing.

I guess Houston not having a television contract with ESPN killed his chances of an invite.

His performance against MSU pretty much killed any chance. He was terrible.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 5, 2011 -> 06:51 PM)
The entire Big Ten has a shot to win their game except for Wisconsin.

Its a bad matchup for them. On the plus side, Oregon isnt really very good in BCS bowls, and the Wisconsin offense should be on the field almost the entire game.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Dec 5, 2011 -> 06:52 PM)
sucks that Keenum couldnt get an invite.

45 TDs to 5 INTS. Over 5000 yards passing.

I guess Houston not having a television contract with ESPN killed his chances of an invite.

That and they lost to the only ranked team on their schedule. Their big win on the season is over SMU.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 5, 2011 -> 07:49 PM)
Little Caesars

Western Michigan vs Purdue

Insight

Iowa vs Oklahoma

Meineke Car Care of Texas

Northwestern vs Texas A&M

Kraft Fight Hunger

Illinois vs UCLA

TicketCity

Houston vs Penn State

Outback

Michigan State vs Georgia

Capital One

Nebraska vs South Carolina

Taxslayer.com Gator Bowl

Ohio State vs Florida

Rose Bowl Game presented by Vizio

Wisconsin vs Oregon

Allstate Sugar

Virginia Tech vs Michigan

Thats what I have looking at it negatively. Michigan got handed one of the worst BCS teams in recent history so they should win that game. Neb, ILL, Pur, OSU should be toss ups that could go either way. The rest dont look so hot. I honestly dont think Wisconsin has a chance against Oregon, it is possibly the worst matchup for them, especially this year with their defense.

Yeah but VT got handed a pretty bad BCS team too. I'd lean towards Michigan but I wouldnt be shocked to see VT win.

This is one of the worst Florida teams in who knows how many years and I'm not just talking record wise. Their offense is an absolute joke. In their last 7 games against FBS schools(Alabama,LSU,Auburn,Georgia,Vandy,South Carolina,FSU) they've score only 8 offensive touchdowns. I know Ohio State doesnt have a great offense but if they can score atleast 17 points then they should win. I cant imagine Florida scoring more than 17 points.

I keep forgetting Nebraska is in the Big 10 now. I see South Carolina rolling through them.

Georgia should win but if Richt lays an egg like he is known to do, the MSU could take that game.

I see OU smoking Iowa.

I dont see Penn State scoring enough points to keep up with Houston.