bmags

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Infantry,

Im not a criminal lawyer and I wouldnt even try and venture into international criminal law.

I dont know what our rights are to demand anything, if his release is conditional, then it would seem that he is still under some other countries jurisdiction.

Kap,

Scotland decided to release him, not the US. Not sure how it has any relevance to Wall Street, seeing as Wall Street isnt under Scottish jurisdiction.

(I know you were trolling, but it does nothing except turn the conversation into nonsense).

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 24, 2011 -> 07:46 PM)
Kap,

Scotland decided to release him, not the US. Not sure how it has any relevance to Wall Street, seeing as Wall Street isnt under Scottish jurisdiction.

(I know you were trolling, but it does nothing except turn the conversation into nonsense).

:lol:

Nevermind me. I'm just conversing bulls*** and Wall Street hate.

However, releasing this guy from a "western world" standpoint didn't do s***, nor will it ever, on gaining any type of sympathy from terrorist organizations. In fact, it makes them more bold, which has been proven time and time again.

He wasnt released to gain sympathy.

(Imo) He was released in an attempt to prevent another appeal where it was possible he would have been found not guilty and the rest of the Western world would have gone ballistic on Scotland for basically having no clue who was really responsible. If you read about the story, his case was granted an appeal, but it sounds like in consideration for dropping the appeal, Scotland granted his release.

Its kind of a messed up situation.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Oct 24, 2011 -> 06:48 PM)
However, releasing this guy from a "western world" standpoint didn't do s***, nor will it ever, on gaining any type of sympathy from terrorist organizations. In fact, it makes them more bold, which has been proven time and time again.

Absolutely agree. Appeasement never works. I don't know if it was the intention, but releasing 1,000 Palestinian terrorists for Gilad Shalit didn't ease Palestinians' hatred for Israel. It only made them dance in the streets and demand more Shalits be kidnapped and held for random. I'd use that old phrase about mice, milk and cookies, but I don't want to insult mice by comparing them to Palestinians so instead, I'll warn that if you give a maggot a s***brick, he's gonna want a pile of diahrrea.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 24, 2011 -> 06:55 PM)
(Imo) He was released in an attempt to prevent another appeal where it was possible he would have been found not guilty and the rest of the Western world would have gone ballistic on Scotland for basically having no clue who was really responsible. If you read about the story, his case was granted an appeal, but it sounds like in consideration for dropping the appeal, Scotland granted his release.

Heh. Europeans are wimps.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Oct 24, 2011 -> 07:11 PM)
And most here want to be just like them.

Yeah, because Europe's all so famous for its financial successes as of late. And then there's the Sharia enforcement zones, the widespread rioting and so on. I don't anticipate that the idiots of the left will ever learn.

Edited by God Loves The Infantry

And don't forget the Geert Wilders trial. It ended in acquittal, thank God, but the idea that a man gets put on trial for expressing an opinion shows how far down the drain our supposedly civilized European friends have gone.

Do you think the last 2 statements make you sound smart? (most just want to be like Europeans and liberal idiots)

Maybe one day people wont care whether they are a liberal or a conservative and will drop all the s*** and focus on making the US the best nation in the world and doing everything that we can to make sure that it stays that way.

Unfortunately too many people would rather snipe and make jackass remarks than actually sit down and figure things out. Because neither side is right, its just that simple.

Good luck guys, Ill take my European idiocy elsewhere.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 24, 2011 -> 07:23 PM)
Do you think the last 2 statements make you sound smart? (most just want to be like Europeans and liberal idiots)

Maybe one day people wont care whether they are a liberal or a conservative and will drop all the s*** and focus on making the US the best nation in the world and doing everything that we can to make sure that it stays that way.

Unfortunately too many people would rather snipe and make jackass remarks than actually sit down and figure things out. Because neither side is right, its just that simple.

Good luck guys, Ill take my European idiocy elsewhere.

No, I don't want to follow a model that endorses out-of-control spending that results in near-bankruptcy and widespread riots. The European model has failed, and if you want to refer to my comments pointing out, in perhaps a snarky tone, why it has failed as jackassery, then so be it.

I do want to keep the United States the greatest nation on Earth. This is my home and I would die for it. And I will never believe, having seen what I've seen in Europe and its failures, that your ideas will do anything to maintain my beloved country's success. So yeah, please take your European idiocy elsewhere. I appreciate it.

QUOTE (God Loves The Infantry @ Oct 24, 2011 -> 09:32 PM)
No, I don't want to follow a model that endorses out-of-control spending that results in near-bankruptcy and widespread riots. The European model has failed, and if you want to refer to my comments pointing out, in perhaps a snarky tone, why it has failed as jackassery, then so be it.

I do want to keep the United States the greatest nation on Earth. This is my home and I would die for it. And I will never believe, having seen what I've seen in Europe and its failures, that your ideas will do anything to maintain my beloved country's success. So yeah, please take your European idiocy elsewhere. I appreciate it.

Several of the countries having the biggest problems in Europe had no out of control spending. Spain, Ireland, and Portugal, for example, had solid budget surpluses for years prior to the collapse. Tey just had huge financial industry fed housing bubbles.

QUOTE (God Loves The Infantry @ Oct 23, 2011 -> 11:46 PM)
I still believe Libya is about to fall to radical Islam, so while I believe Gaddafi got what he deserved and is just one asshole killed by other assholes, I'm not celebrating wildly because I don't see that country improving anytime soon. I stand by that.

QUOTE (God Loves The Infantry @ Oct 24, 2011 -> 06:38 PM)
I think we should make some nice offers to the NTC for this dickhead. An increase in foreign aid, some weapons for the military, maybe some training for their soldiers? I'm not sure what, just give 'em something nice for this goon.

QUOTE (God Loves The Infantry @ Oct 24, 2011 -> 08:00 PM)
Absolutely agree. Appeasement never works.

Ok I'm really really confused. So "Libya is about to fall to radical Islam" but it's fine to give them military aid even though "Appeasement never works?"

Not trying to be a jerk at all, I tried to not to quote of context at all there. I'm just really confused by this collection of viewpoints.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Oct 24, 2011 -> 07:38 PM)
Ok I'm really really confused. So "Libya is about to fall to radical Islam" but it's fine to give them military aid even though "Appeasement never works?"

Not trying to be a jerk at all, I tried to not to quote of context at all there. I'm just really confused by this collection of viewpoints.

I'm not advocating military aid for them so they like us more or to make them think America is totally great. I'm advocating it in return for something that I want for America. Beyond that benefit of getting to watch al-Megrahi die in our hands, f*** 'em. They can vote for sharia or a liberal democracy for all I care. I just want Megrahi.

Frankly, we should use foreign aid in a more controlling way. Cut people off when they start acting a fool. Why does Pakistan still get money from us? Or the PA? These people suck. Let's cut them off until they stop acting like little assholes.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 24, 2011 -> 07:36 PM)
Several of the countries having the biggest problems in Europe had no out of control spending. Spain, Ireland, and Portugal, for example, had solid budget surpluses for years prior to the collapse. Tey just had huge financial industry fed housing bubbles.

Greece had out of control spending. From everything I'm reading, they're the most screwed out of anyone.

QUOTE (God Loves The Infantry @ Oct 24, 2011 -> 08:51 PM)
I'm not advocating military aid for them so they like us more or to make them think America is totally great. I'm advocating it in return for something that I want for America. Beyond that benefit of getting to watch al-Megrahi die in our hands, f*** 'em. They can vote for sharia or a liberal democracy for all I care. I just want Megrahi.

Frankly, we should use foreign aid in a more controlling way. Cut people off when they start acting a fool. Why does Pakistan still get money from us? Or the PA? These people suck. Let's cut them off until they stop acting like little assholes.

I mostly agree with your second statement. A lot of aid seems either unnecessary, egregious, or both. Not to mention, I think a lot of it would be better spent on stuff within the country.

QUOTE (God Loves The Infantry @ Oct 24, 2011 -> 09:52 PM)
Greece had out of control spending. From everything I'm reading, they're the most screwed out of anyone.

if it were Greece alone, the problems would be easy enough. The big problems are because it was French and German banks that gave them all that money and jut like here, those firms can't lose money...and those same firms have much larger exposures to Italy, Spain, and Portugal.

Well...

let's just say that this foreign aid keeps a few million (yes, million) workers employed in this country.

So, let's cut it all off, and redistribute that wealth through the government, because that would be the appropriate thing to do, right?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 24, 2011 -> 08:59 PM)
if it were Greece alone, the problems would be easy enough. The big problems are because it was French and German banks that gave them all that money and jut like here, those firms can't lose money...and those same firms have much larger exposures to Italy, Spain, and Portugal.

Yea, true... so what do we do? Forgive it all, say cheer-i-o and move on?

Seriously, what do these governments do? Raise taxes? That'll work. Lower them? Well, that would depend on how you do it (as I started alluding to before Wall Street suckage started).

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 24, 2011 -> 07:59 PM)

I don't know, dude. It looks like several of those other nations you mention have some pretty bad debt/deficit issues. And you were caught lying only a few minutes ago.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Oct 24, 2011 -> 09:54 PM)
I mostly agree with your second statement. A lot of aid seems either unnecessary, egregious, or both. Not to mention, I think a lot of it would be better spent on stuff within the country.

Just to note...the amount this country spends on foreign aid is less than the amount we spend in a couple weeks in Afghanistan. The Iraq war could pay the non-war foreign aid budget for something like 150-200 years.