*Official* Work Out Thread

maggsmaggs

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 14, 2011 -> 11:06 AM)
Yeah mixed with water it's kinda gross, I usually mix those drinks with 1% milk. But then again I'm looking to add weight, not lean out.

Right. I am trying to hit a leaning out phase so I am taking in 40 grams of protein per shake at 160 calories. Very different intakes there.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 14, 2011 -> 10:54 AM)
Yes, he has a better yoga routine in his 1 on 1 series. Can you download it? Otherwise I have it as a vid file.

As for the question above. Choc milk is fine to mix with it if you are trying to build mass, the choc milk will actually aid your recovery because of the carbs it contains. However if you are trying to lose weight, you are taking in a ton of extra sugar and calories you prob dont need. In that same thought, muscle milk isnt really great for you if you are trying to lean out.

Okay, cool. I am trying to build mass - I'm 5'9'', 143 lbs... Looks like I'll stick with the chocolate milk.

Edited by dasox24

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 12:29 PM)
You taking one and a half servings of that per? It only has 25g of protein, you should be getting 40 per shake.

Just started yesterday, and yes 1.5 per. My buddy here at work filled me in on the proper amount to take.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The gym is nearly empty today since the university is out for the summer. Started off workout and I was legitimately the only person using any of the weight machines. Thought to myself "ok, if anyone gets in the way of my routine today, I'm going to be shocked, amazed, and really annoyed." There were people on cardio and freeweights, but all of the machines were empty.

There are ~ 50 weight machines altogether in this area. My routine generally consists of a selection of ~ 20 of them.

I get about 3/4 done with my routine, finishing up a set of pullovers. One person walks in and takes the next machine in my sequence. Ok, that's a 1/50 shot, but it happens.

Another person walks in, takes the next machine in the sequence. Another person walks in, takes the 3rd machine in my routine. A 4th person walks in, and begins alternating with the person on the first machine.

Within 5 minutes, all 4 of those people had departed, but they simultaneously appeared and took the next 3 machines in my preferred routine.

I only had 1 other person appear on the weight machines my entire time down there today. Based on the number of machines, I estimate the probability of this event actually happening as being somewhere worse than 1 in 4 million.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 20, 2011 -> 11:33 AM)
The gym is nearly empty today since the university is out for the summer. Started off workout and I was legitimately the only person using any of the weight machines. Thought to myself "ok, if anyone gets in the way of my routine today, I'm going to be shocked, amazed, and really annoyed." There were people on cardio and freeweights, but all of the machines were empty.

There are ~ 50 weight machines altogether in this area. My routine generally consists of a selection of ~ 20 of them.

I get about 3/4 done with my routine, finishing up a set of pullovers. One person walks in and takes the next machine in my sequence. Ok, that's a 1/50 shot, but it happens.

Another person walks in, takes the next machine in the sequence. Another person walks in, takes the 3rd machine in my routine. A 4th person walks in, and begins alternating with the person on the first machine.

Within 5 minutes, all 4 of those people had departed, but they simultaneously appeared and took the next 3 machines in my preferred routine.

I only had 1 other person appear on the weight machines my entire time down there today. Based on the number of machines, I estimate the probability of this event actually happening as being somewhere worse than 1 in 4 million.

Or they all googled the same workout site you did :lolhitting

I've been doing this 1,000 push-ups/week challenge with a couple guys from work, in addition to my normal workouts. Last week was the first go at it, and this week I'm at 1,200 right now--doing a variation of different arm widths, leg height/angles, etc. It's a fun challenge, and I love the simplicity of the work-out--being that it can be done anywhere at anytime throughout the day.

QUOTE (greasywheels121 @ May 20, 2011 -> 12:59 PM)
I've been doing this 1,000 push-ups/week challenge with a couple guys from work, in addition to my normal workouts. Last week was the first go at it, and this week I'm at 1,200 right now--doing a variation of different arm widths, leg height/angles, etc. It's a fun challenge, and I love the simplicity of the work-out--being that it can be done anywhere at anytime throughout the day.

Add squats and lunges to that bad boy.

QUOTE (greasywheels121 @ May 20, 2011 -> 12:59 PM)

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 20, 2011 -> 01:09 PM)
Add squats and lunges to that bad boy.

Ow.

Fell about two weeks behind on P90X thanks to vacation and work travel, but still sticking with it. Just finished up week 5.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 20, 2011 -> 01:16 PM)
Ow.

Fell about two weeks behind on P90X thanks to vacation and work travel, but still sticking with it. Just finished up week 5.

Do you stay in hotels for work? If you have bands I can possibly post a great travel workout from One on One with Tony Horton.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 20, 2011 -> 01:19 PM)
Do you stay in hotels for work? If you have bands I can possibly post a great travel workout from One on One with Tony Horton.

Yeah, and I try to keep up the routine on the road with the bands. But when I've got a 6AM flight, then drive straight to the plant and don't get back to the hotel until 8 or 9 at night, it's a little hard to get motivated for an hour+ (with abX) workout.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 20, 2011 -> 01:22 PM)
Yeah, and I try to keep up the routine on the road with the bands. But when I've got a 6AM flight, then drive straight to the plant and don't get back to the hotel until 8 or 9 at night, it's a little hard to get motivated for an hour+ (with abX) workout.

I hear ya, I struggle with that as well. I found myself running the stairs at a hotel in Toronto because they didnt have a gym that was decent enough to use.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 20, 2011 -> 01:22 PM)

Those are awful. Can't even really do a run before the plane and with the travel + work, no way you wanna move afterward.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 20, 2011 -> 12:22 PM)

Yeah, but if you just force yourself to get through it, you feel so much better for the rest of your night, and sleep more soundly.

I work 12 hour shifts for work, and always hated trying to get the workout in after getting home at 6 and being up since 4:15 am. But if I just made myself do it, basically treated it as if it was my job and not some workout, I always felt 10 times better after getting through it.

Now after I just encouraged you to get your workout done after like a 14 hour day, I must admit today was the first day back on P90X since I got my dog back on February 19th. That's not to say I haven't been getting exercise, because I have...I take him to the park almost every day. But today was the first day back, and boy it was a bit tough. Not as difficult as the first time I did P90X, but definitely as hard as it ever was for me. Had to wait til the dog was a bit more grown up so that he wouldn't try and stand on my back or something while I was doing pushups :)

I'm hoping to be a lot more active in this thread now that I am getting back on the wagon.

Here's to a good summer of working out, everyone!