*Official* Work Out Thread

maggsmaggs

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 09:51 AM)
Tomorrow is decision day on my knee, surgery or rehab, we'll see which direction we go. I've modified my workouts to be extremely upper body heavy with some core thrown in, still sucks I cant really do my workouts fully.

What are the respective recovery times?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 11:26 AM)
So what are you leaning towards?

It all depends on my MRI results and where the tear is and how big it is. If its something that requires surgery either to repair or remove, I have to do it just to make sure it doesnt happen again. Its its a small tear and I can rehab for a month, I'll do that.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 10:47 AM)
It all depends on my MRI results and where the tear is and how big it is. If its something that requires surgery either to repair or remove, I have to do it just to make sure it doesnt happen again. Its its a small tear and I can rehab for a month, I'll do that.

Well good luck. Keep us posted!

Results are in (sorta). Smallish tear in the meniscus, nothing that would require surgery at this point (yes!). HOWEVER, they found a floating body just inside of my kneecap causing my frontal pain and some bone edema in my patella. We will do 1 month of rehab and then go back in for another MRI to check out progress.

So not bad news unless the floating piece is something they need to remove. At this point the doc would like to see what happens with rehab.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 14, 2011 -> 12:23 PM)
Results are in (sorta). Smallish tear in the meniscus, nothing that would require surgery at this point (yes!). HOWEVER, they found a floating body just inside of my kneecap causing my frontal pain and some bone edema in my patella. We will do 1 month of rehab and then go back in for another MRI to check out progress.

So not bad news unless the floating piece is something they need to remove. At this point the doc would like to see what happens with rehab.

Good news, Rock!

Keep us updated on the progress of your rehab!

Oh plyo, how I love thee...

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 14, 2011 -> 11:23 AM)

How's the rehab going, buddy?

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 27, 2011 -> 08:47 AM)
How's the rehab going, buddy?

Good, pretty much 2 weeks and and a few weeks from any activity and I finally have strength in the knee. It still clicks sometimes when I straighten it, but the pain isnt there. I am trying to get back to some activity this week in the gym but taking it easy on the legs.

I've probably put 5 lbs on just being inactive, and it kills me daily. I saw alot of people out for runs on friday and I was incredibly jealous.

Went through an almost full workout yesterday with the exception of taking it easy on my legs by taking out most of the lunges/jumps etc. Still could do slow squats and some kettleball movements. Feel pretty good today and ill have some rehab tonight then hit the weight/airfits for upper body.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Okay, getting pretty big into working out. Trying to build my 6'0" / 155 lbs frame into some muscle and such . . . I take some stuff to "amp me up" (no, not steriods) before I go, then I work out and then I go home and take some protein.

I'm wondering if anyone on here takes any type of protein or anything to really help build them up . . . And if so, which kind do you take?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 13, 2011 -> 10:40 PM)
I'm jealous, I miss running. I am having knee surgery in sept that should clear me for next year

My knees and ankles are so screwed up I can only do low impact cardio. I do play basketball one day a week but pay for it the rest of the day but I have to do something like that.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 11:35 AM)
About 6 months ago, I developed an intolerance for lactose. Have all this protein mix so tried making a shake with water. Yuck.

Is it that bad?

I'm just starting to use some supplements in addition to my workouts. As in, I'm currently drinking my first ever whey protein shake. But since I'm in the Army and I'm going to work out in the morning on weekdays, I was just going to make my shake with the mix and water in my office immediately afterwards. Bad idea?