*Official* Work Out Thread

maggsmaggs

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jun 19, 2012 -> 03:24 PM)
Get fit or die tryin

I drank more than enough water.

Made a little sense to me at first, but ya, not trying to make weight over here for a fight or anything so in the end it was dumb and over with lol

It's all good, we all start somewhere. Some day you'll be looking down on your abs and laughing about this day

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 19, 2012 -> 03:25 PM)
It's all good, we all start somewhere. Some day you'll be looking down on your abs and laughing about this day

Ive been walking/jogging in the mornings, woke up at 1130 and didnt feel it this morn so I did this as a "replacement"...Twas silly...no harm done though...the sweat felt good though

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jun 19, 2012 -> 09:16 PM)
trash bags the same concept as a sauna suit...and the hemroid thing I learned when i went to a recruiters office and didnt make weight..

Also drank half a gallon of water...at the very least it flushed some toxins out??

You're not trying to make weight for a prizefight.

edit: soxfan1 beat me to it

Edited by CrimsonWeltall

Other than bodyweight exercises (pushups, pullups, etc), what is the cheapest way to start doing some strength training?

Can I buy a barbell+weights and do things like squats and lifts without having something like a power rack (assuming I am extremely conservative about how much weight I use)?

Edited by CrimsonWeltall

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Jun 20, 2012 -> 04:19 PM)
Other than bodyweight exercises (pushups, pullups, etc), what is the cheapest way to start doing some strength training?

Can I buy a barbell+weights and do things like squats and lifts without having something like a power rack (assuming I am extremely conservative about how much weight I use)?

It's going to be hard to get a heavily weighted barbell to your back without a rack to hold it up and allow you to get underneath the bar. Check things like craigslist, oftentimes people are willing to part with that stuff at far under retail prices (which are sky high). It can be a pain to go pick those types of things up and it's damn near impossible to ship something that heavy without paying a fortune.

Commit a felony and go to prison.

You can get a resistance band for pretty cheap and can do all the same things you would be doing with dumbbells. Unless youre looking for size in which case a barbell and weights is the way to go...Also if you dont mind pissin off the neighbors you can get a tractor tire for free. I went to the local firestone where they had a ton out back, all different sizes and weights and they let me test them out till I found one thats right for me. They have to pay to recycle those so they will gladly let them go for free.

If you wanna grab some resistance cords and help out a fellow soxtalker hit up Reddy and im sure he'd gladly sell you some via beachbody.

Edited by 2nd_city_saint787

Yes you could, but you will still want to do those bodyweight exercises. Also kettlebells are very versatile.

haha you allllll know what I'm going to say.

Thing is... in this case... it kind of is the cheapest, most effective way to get yourself acclimated to strength training... :P

Aight another shameless self-plug, but the 90 days are up from my first Challenge Group, and no one's posting in here anyway, so I thought I'd share my clients' before/after pics with you guys.

quixote90side.jpg

cwilliams90days.jpg

MelissaP90xResultsSide.jpg

And my own:

day1-90comparison.jpg

If anyone wants info lemme know.

So Asylum's almost done. That s***'s bananas.

Starting out on Beachbody's newest program next monday - Body Beast. For you guys looking for pure muscle gains, this is it. I've done a couple of the workouts and it's fantastic. Dynamic Set Training (basically Pyramid training) where you do 15 reps of light weight, 12 of heavier, 8 of heaviest, then a drop set. Destroys you in such a great way!

Happy this thread got bumped. Since I moved to the city my diet and work out schedule has been god awful.

I'm getting back at it tomorrow though so hopefully this thread being around will keep me motivated.

Very frustrated at myself as I've been so obsessed with my fitness for the last 2 years, researched everything and anything and just have gone back to living my college life the last month and a half.

No more f***in excuses, need to get back to where I was.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 17, 2012 -> 09:03 PM)
Happy this thread got bumped. Since I moved to the city my diet and work out schedule has been god awful.

I'm getting back at it tomorrow though so hopefully this thread being around will keep me motivated.

Very frustrated at myself as I've been so obsessed with my fitness for the last 2 years, researched everything and anything and just have gone back to living my college life the last month and a half.

No more f***in excuses, need to get back to where I was.

it's easy to fall off unless you have long term goals.

for me, it's about not being a friggin' cripple when I'm 65 and having to rely on other people to get up and down stairs etc. I plan on doing yoga when I'm 80. I'm not scared of dying, but i'm scared of being old. :P

what's your regimen?

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jul 17, 2012 -> 10:29 PM)
it's easy to fall off unless you have long term goals.

for me, it's about not being a friggin' cripple when I'm 65 and having to rely on other people to get up and down stairs etc. I plan on doing yoga when I'm 80. I'm not scared of dying, but i'm scared of being old. :P

what's your regimen?

When I'm going good, an example week for me will be:

Mon: legs

Tues: 3-5 mile run

Weds: tris/shoulders/chest

Thursday: core(pretty short day, only about 20 minutes)

Friday: back/bis

Saturday: HIIT

Sunday: active rest(usually bball)

And when I really start going crazy ill add in cardio after all my lifting sessions as well.

Good call on the long term goals as well, all my goals are always extremely short sighted.