*Official* Work Out Thread

maggsmaggs

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jan 7, 2013 -> 02:19 PM)
All you guys wanting to lose weight this year blah blah blah, I've got two challenges starting up in a couple weeks. One's P90X and one's Les Mills Combat, the MMA program. If there's any interest gimme a buzz.

Meanwhile... vegan talk... should that go here or in a new thread? I feel like here's ok right? lol

I really feel good... like... my body's recovering faster than normal. May just be a placebo effect, but eating SO much more veggies, getting so much more potassium... I dunno... maybe having an effect!

Cant wait to see what my gym looks like today. Should be packed for a least 3 weeks until the luster of working out wears off and they go back to TV, pizza and the couch.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 7, 2013 -> 03:26 PM)
Cant wait to see what my gym looks like today. Should be packed for a least 3 weeks until the luster of working out wears off and they go back to TV, pizza and the couch.

My gym had already quieted down this morning, interestingly enough. It's harder for these loafs to go in when they have to work, too!! Oh no! Pizza is easier!

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 7, 2013 -> 03:29 PM)
My gym had already quieted down this morning, interestingly enough. It's harder for these loafs to go in when they have to work, too!! Oh no! Pizza is easier!

My monday routine is gym then stocking up at marianos. The only plus now is that there are about 200% more women in yoga pants doing the same routine at the store.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 7, 2013 -> 03:32 PM)
My monday routine is gym then stocking up at marianos. The only plus now is that there are about 200% more women in yoga pants doing the same routine at the store.

One nice thing was that Sports Authority had a 50% off sale on all "balls." They meant footballs, baseballs etc. However I was able to get weighted balls with handles for the home gym from 10-20 lbs for half off as well. I said, "technically they are balls.' The manager gave in and told me to "take my heavy balls home."

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 7, 2013 -> 03:29 PM)

The traffic at my gym is nuts right now. Great for me making money, annoying for workouts.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 10, 2013 -> 07:51 PM)
Buffalo bar-Ito +chicken chili

Ha the buffalo bar-Ito is what I get as well. Never had the chili though.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jan 10, 2013 -> 07:56 PM)
da f*** is Protein Bar?

http://www.theproteinbar.com/

Basically low calorie, high protein meals made with quinoa. It's actually really good and filling as well.

But ya I didn't hear of it until I started working at my club either but one of our other locations has one inside and the one on Washington and wells is like 2 blocks from my club.

Anyone else here drink almond milk? I just got on to it and like how it fits my diet. I go with an unsweetened vanilla, which is 40 cals/8 oz. That's half the caloric content of skim milk, though I sacrifice the protein content. Allows me to have cereal, protein shakes, etc without adding as many cals. It is about twice the price of milk, though -- unless you drink organic milk, in which case good God is that s*** expensive.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jan 14, 2013 -> 08:53 AM)
Anyone else here drink almond milk? I just got on to it and like how it fits my diet. I go with an unsweetened vanilla, which is 40 cals/8 oz. That's half the caloric content of skim milk, though I sacrifice the protein content. Allows me to have cereal, protein shakes, etc without adding as many cals. It is about twice the price of milk, though -- unless you drink organic milk, in which case good God is that s*** expensive.

my almond milk is like. $3 to $3.99 for a half gallon

absolutely love it though. 50% more calcium than milk too.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jan 14, 2013 -> 07:53 AM)

You must be drinking Almond Breeze at 40 cals. The unsweetened vanilla Silk PureAlmond Milk tastes better and comes in at 30 cals/8 oz.

I don't drink regular milk anyway - usually almond, sometimes soy.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 14, 2013 -> 06:17 PM)
So, Insanity is well named.

haha truth.

good luck dude. it still scares the crap out of me, even though i'm in 30x the shape i was a year ago. I did Asylum, but that was only 30 days.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 14, 2013 -> 04:25 PM)
You must be drinking Almond Breeze at 40 cals. The unsweetened vanilla Silk PureAlmond Milk tastes better and comes in at 30 cals/8 oz.

I don't drink regular milk anyway - usually almond, sometimes soy.

I'll check out PureAlmond. I don't really love the way this tastes, but I'm not exactly drinking it so it isn't a huge deal. I don't mind checking things out. I use it for cereal, protein shakes, etc.

It's funny how much your cravings change as you change your diet. Tonight I had the hugest craving for a turkey burger with a side salad. That's just weird. The other day I wanted a piece of salmon with Brussel sprouts so bad I had to go to Mariano's and get it or I wasn't hungry for dinner

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 14, 2013 -> 11:15 PM)
It's funny how much your cravings change as you change your diet. Tonight I had the hugest craving for a turkey burger with a side salad. That's just weird. The other day I wanted a piece of salmon with Brussel sprouts so bad I had to go to Mariano's and get it or I wasn't hungry for dinner

And here I always thought you were a guy. Congrats on being pregnant!

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jan 14, 2013 -> 06:17 PM)
haha truth.

good luck dude. it still scares the crap out of me, even though i'm in 30x the shape i was a year ago. I did Asylum, but that was only 30 days.

I couldn't handle it. Getting in shape now and I may try it again in April, but it's absurd how difficult it is.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 15, 2013 -> 10:45 AM)
I couldn't handle it. Getting in shape now and I may try it again in April, but it's absurd how difficult it is.

haha right? i really do love when people say that home workouts are bulls***. I had my brother (who was talking s***) try Core Synergistics from P90X and he died halfway through. Would love to see him attempt Insanity. lol