What needs to happen for WS

johndyce

what/who do you guys think need to happen for us to make it the World series in the next could years

pitching- we need a consistent, veteran #2 ( moyer!!), and keep developing Garland and Wright and Rauch. I think in 2004 Rauch will finally be a force to rekon with. This will give us an exellent pitching staff. Our bullpen will be young, and they will keep improving to one of the best in the league.

defense - Our infield should be solid in the future, with Jimenez, Harris, Konerko and Crede. not spectacular, but good. Our outfield already is good with Maggs and Rowand/Borchards and Lee.

hitting - We need to get rid of people we dont need ( Valentine), and keep developing our young guys. Our hitting still is fearsome right now, and can only get better. I think a could of our speed guys need to step it up. Remeber our offense when lofton was lighting it up? we were unstoppable

I think pretty much sticking with the guys we got, and getting a good pitcher will put is a great spot to win it all the next couple years

Give us three years:

Starters:

Buehrle

Rauch

Honel

Garland

Diaz

That starting five is f***ing evil. Add in Malone, Wright (bwhahah), Stewart, haigwood, etc, we will have a great rotation soon.

Then a bullpen of:

Ring

Marte

Munoz/Sanders

Koch

Almonte

RHP Bum #1

RHP Bum #2

and of course....

1B-Konerko (I hope)

2B-Harris/Hummel

SS-Jimenez/Reyes

3B-Crede

RF-Maggs

CF-Webster (:))

LF-Borchard

DH-Thomas

Look good? Thought so.

Originally posted by johndyce

what/who do you guys think need to happen for us to make it the World series in the next could years

pitching- we need a consistent, veteran #2 ( moyer!!), and keep developing Garland and Wright and Rauch. I think in 2004 Rauch will finally be a force to rekon with.  This will give us an exellent pitching staff. Our bullpen will be young, and they will keep improving to one of the best in the league.

defense - Our infield should be solid in the future, with Jimenez, Harris, Konerko and Crede. not spectacular, but good. Our outfield already is good with Maggs and Rowand/Borchards and Lee.

hitting - We need to get rid of people we dont need ( Valentine), and keep developing our young guys. Our hitting still is fearsome right now, and can only get better. I think a could of our speed guys need to step it up. Remeber our offense when lofton was lighting it up? we were unstoppable

I think pretty much sticking with the guys we got, and getting a good pitcher will put is a great spot to win it all the next couple years

i think a lot needs to be done..

first off moyer's agent said they are seeking a 3 year 27 million dollar deal so count him out of your plans..and i g otta say..even if we had the cash a 3 year deal for a 40 year old pitcher is not smart...

i think for the sox to win it all (i know we wont do these things but this is what i think needs to be done)

2 pitchers...greg maddux and omar daal...maddux gives us vetran leadership and daal is another lefty we need who i think is on the verge of really breaking out

a rotation of maddux, buehrle , daal , garland and wright looks good to me

one arm to the bullpen , mike stanton...that would give us 3 lefties in the pen..i think we need 3 solid lefties to compete with minnesota who will be our only challenger in the central..lot of lefties in their line up...also the yanks , anaheim and oakland all are either lefty dominted or have a balanced attack..

catcher..I-ROD...have him catch 100 games and olivo the rest...olivo learns from one of the all time greats

im okay with an infield of konerko , jimenez , valentin , crede....rey sanchez wouldnt be a bad pick up as insurance at 2nd base

outfield , i trade carlos lee , and sign cliff floyd to play lf...we have no real left handed power in our line up..our projexted line up has switch hitting jimenez and valentin at 1 and 2 ..and 3 through 9 are all right handed...we could never win anything tilting that much to the right..unless borchard breaks camp as a starter

what would this coast??...figure 15 mil for maddux , 5 mil for daal , 5 mil for stanton , 12 mil for floyd , 5 mill for IROD..

my roster

pitching...maddux , buehrle, daal , garland , wright - bullpen , glover , wunsch , stanton , marte , koch , osuna

other competing would be biddle - rauch ect..they could fill out bullpen positions..

line up

jiminez - 2b

valentin - ss

ordonez - rf

floyd - lf

thomas -dh

konerko - 1b

irod - c

borchard - rowand cf

crede 3b

bench - graffy , olivo , harris , liefer...

add 42 million minus lee's contract..so imo , it would take an extra 38 million for the next season (figure 3 years deals so 114 million total) to bring a real world series contender to the south side...

that team right there would cost the sox about 80 million in payroll..thats what sux about being a sox fan...80 million is not that huge of a payroll..and it would almost gaurentee a division title and we wopuld have our first legit shot at a world series in a long long time

80 million is still 37 million under the luxary tax threshold if that puts it in perspective

Originally posted by Cerbaho-WG

Give us three years:

Starters:

Buehrle

Rauch

Honel

Garland

Diaz

That starting five is f***ing evil. Add in Malone, Wright (bwhahah), Stewart, haigwood, etc, we will have a great rotation soon.

Then a bullpen of:

Ring

Marte

Munoz/Sanders

Koch

Almonte

RHP Bum #1

RHP Bum #2

and of course....

1B-Konerko (I hope)

2B-Harris/Hummel

SS-Jimenez/Reyes

3B-Crede

RF-Maggs

LF-Borchard

DH-Thomas

Look good? Thought so.

like mine list of what we need to do now to win this will never happen...way too many ifs..and chances are the wheeler dealer will move alot of those guys in the next 3 years...look how many he has moved so far...

good plan though..if your not going to do what i proposed to win now you build from with in...but the wheeler dealer will do neither..he'll just keep rolling the dice

Give us three years:

Starters:

Buehrle

Rauch

Honel

Garland

Diaz

Then a bullpen of:

Ring

Marte

Munoz/Sanders

Koch

Almonte

RHP Bum #1

RHP Bum #2

and of course....

1B-Konerko (I hope)

2B-Harris/Hummel

SS-Jimenez/Reyes

3B-Crede

RF-Maggs

LF-Borchard

DH-Thomas

Look good? Thought so.

I'd personally only use 6 out of the pen...and I don't think in 2005 or 06 the Twins and the Sox will be the only teams competing...we will have 3 other teams to worry about then....maybe not so much the Tigers or Royals, but I still worry...especially about the Royals. They are on the verge of putting together a good team...they just need some help from their youngsters...they will be fine in the end...not so sure about the Tigers....they could be in trouble.

Anyways, we won't need 3 lefties in the bullpen and if lefties are at the same high price they are at now, Marte will be making $2-3 million within a couple years...and when you got a Royce Ring and an Arnaldo Munoz, who needs to keep Marte at $2-3 mill a year? He's good, but you don't need someone like that.

My bullpen would be:

Koch

Munoz

Ring

Almonte

Majewski

Sanders/Biddle/Glover/Ginter

I'm not too worried about 2 or 3 yrs from now cause I think were in great shape. I worry about now. I know this farm system is stacked and were gonna have a great staff. I don't doubt it.

To win this year, Jimenez will have to play, and our players will have to improve over last year. I also think having a huge yaer out of Frank will help and then as longas Garland and Wright improve and become more consistent and Buerhle stays the same and the pen does what I think, we'll be set.

Originally posted by Chisoxfn

I'm not too worried about 2 or 3 yrs from now cause I think were in great shape.  I worry about now.  I know this farm system is stacked and were gonna have a great staff.  I don't doubt it.

To win this year, Jimenez will have to play, and our players will have to improve over last year.  I also think having a huge yaer out of Frank will help and then as longas Garland and Wright improve and become more consistent and Buerhle stays the same and the pen does what I think, we'll be set.

the question was what do you think we need to do to win the world series..not to just compete or win our division...even if this teams does come together and win the division...it has 3 and out written all over it...if you just want to win the worst division in baseball - by far and then just roll the dice in the playoffs..then the sox as is have a chance at that

Honestly, in my opinion we really don't need a veteran starter as much as everyone thinks. Everyone forgets that Jon Rauch was the 2000 minor league player of the year. I'm sticking to my guns and saying that Jon will go into the year being the #5 starter and should win the ROY.

Oh, Omar Daal would be a nice insurance policy :D

Give us three years:

Starters:

Buehrle

Rauch

Honel

Garland

Diaz

Then a bullpen of:

Ring

Marte

Munoz/Sanders

Koch

Almonte

RHP Bum #1

RHP Bum #2

and of course....

1B-Konerko (I hope)

2B-Harris/Hummel

SS-Jimenez/Reyes

3B-Crede

RF-Maggs

LF-Borchard

DH-Thomas

Look good? Thought so.

I'd love to buy into that cerb, but Idont belive in "the kids" anymore. We've been lied to about prospects for teh past 20 years. Most of them end up being average or below. It would be great if all of them panned out the way they are supposed to. I'm not sold on Garland and Wright just yet.

Yes, what you posted is what needs to happen, but how often does it? How many "bright ideas" will kw get and trade half the farm again for washed up assholes that kw has a "good feeling " about? Unless you're spending money like the Yankees, you cant plan a WS.

This coaching staff needs to go . I wont say anything about cooper yet, but Manuel and his boys can leave any time they want . Manuel in a close WS game??? s***. just imagine the creative thinking he'd be doing. making moves for the f*** of it. I doubt Buehrle will be here in 3 years anyway.

Yeah, it's all negative, but that's how things work under Jerry Riensdorf. Not one single player on teh Sox or Bulls have started and finished their career with that team since JR needs to

"rebuild" once everyone starts to make any kind of money. :puke

Originally posted by awesomefan

Everyone can say I'm crazy, but I still like El Caballo & want him to stay a White Sock.

I don't think anyone is gonna call ya crazy, he still hasn't reach his potential, and when he does.... he's gonna be a .300-30-100 guy.

Originally posted by RedPinStripes

He's too stupid to live up to his potential. And he'll just get picked off or get someone else thrown our with his blunders. Trade dumbass caballo! Oh yeah, and he throws like a girl. 

my favorite carlos lee base running blunder...he's on 2nd and valentin is on 3rd....one out and a ground ball hit to 3rd...valentin breaks for the plate and the 3rd baseman throws him out at home on a close play...and there is dumbass caballo...still standing on 2nd base...moron

Originally posted by RedPinStripes

Give us three years:

Starters:

Buehrle

Rauch

Honel

Garland

Diaz

Then a bullpen of:

Ring

Marte

Munoz/Sanders

Koch

Almonte

RHP Bum #1

RHP Bum #2

and of course....

1B-Konerko (I hope)

2B-Harris/Hummel

SS-Jimenez/Reyes

3B-Crede

RF-Maggs

LF-Borchard

DH-Thomas

Look good? Thought so.

I'd love to buy into that cerb, but Idont belive in "the kids" anymore. We've been lied to about prospects for teh past 20 years. Most of them end up being average or below. It would be great if all of them panned out the way they are supposed to. I'm not sold on Garland and Wright just yet.

Yes, what you posted is what needs to happen, but how often does it? How many "bright ideas" will kw get and trade half the farm again for washed up assholes that kw has a "good feeling " about? Unless you're spending money like the Yankees, you cant plan a WS.

This coaching staff needs to go . I wont say anything about cooper yet, but Manuel and his boys can leave any time they want . Manuel in a close WS game??? s***. just imagine the creative thinking he'd be doing. making moves for the f*** of it. I doubt Buehrle will be here in 3 years anyway.

Yeah, it's all negative, but that's how things work under Jerry Riensdorf. Not one single player on teh Sox or Bulls have started and finished their career with that team since JR needs to

"rebuild" once everyone starts to make any kind of money. :puke

I don't know. Honel and Rauch are as can't miss as you can get. Both will be front of the line starters. Diaz has had arm troubles, but there are alot of guys who could cover for him. But, Diaz has the best stuff in our farm, no questions asked.

I think the Sox's success over the next few years will bank on Borchard.