2011 Cubs Thread

Balta1701

2 outs, runners on 2nd & 3rd, Fukudome gets ball 4 and Montero tries to throw out Koye Hill at 2nd base. Throw goes into CF, a run scores.

Kirk Gibson might literally murder him when he gets in the dugout for that boneheaded throw

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (YASNY @ Apr 1, 2011 -> 01:15 PM)
I posted the following on facebook and I think I have really pissed off a Chicago based cousin of mine.

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein ... He must have had Cub fans in mind."

They're a touchy bunch.

Not surprised, but then again what can you expect from a team with a fanbase that loves to talk smack despite not winning jack s*** in over 100 years?

If I learned nothing else, it's that Cub fans sure love to throw stones despite living in undoubtedly the BIGGEST glass house in all of professional sports.

QUOTE (zimne piwo @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 01:18 AM)
Not surprised, but then again what can you expect from a team with a fanbase that loves to talk smack despite not winning jack s*** in over 100 years?

If I learned nothing else, it's that Cub fans sure love to throw stones despite living in undoubtedly the BIGGEST glass house in all of professional sports.

I think it is more porcelin...

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 14, 2011 -> 12:34 AM)
The Astros shoud be contracted. As a former Astros fan (easily my second favorite team from '97 through '05), it's sad to see what's happened to them. It's basically Hunter Pence, Wandy Rodriguez, maybe Brett Myers and AAA garbage.

Myers is a hell of a lot better than Wandy

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 07:46 PM)
Myers is a hell of a lot better than Wandy

Really? I'd say Wandy has been better in just about every aspect (though Myers only pitched 70 innings in 2009) than Myers the last three years. Plus Brett is a wife beater. Women get on my god damn nerves, like, all the time. But I'd never hit one.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 08:01 PM)
Really? I'd say Wandy has been better in just about every aspect (though Myers only pitched 70 innings in 2009) than Myers the last three years. Plus Brett is a wife beater. Women get on my god damn nerves, like, all the time. But I'd never hit one.

Really makes you wonder how Ed Wade keeps getting work. He ran the Phillies into the ground and had to have Stand Pat come in and clean it up. Now he's done the same thing with the Astros and someone is going to have a long road to recovery in front of them.

To expose the nerd in me for a bit, Ed Wade really reminds me of a GM in OOTP that is willing to trade for any and every incremental upgrade and will pay you top dollar for every single one of them. People just line up to deal with idiots like that and everyone else is always sad afterwards that they didn't get in on it while the pickings were still good.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 07:34 PM)
The Astros shoud be contracted. As a former Astros fan (easily my second favorite team from '97 through '05), it's sad to see what's happened to them. It's basically Hunter Pence, Wandy Rodriguez, maybe Brett Myers and AAA garbage.

Don't forget about Michael Bourn a.k.a. Juan Pierre Jr.