2011 AL Central Catch-All Thread

Balta1701

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jul 21, 2011 -> 05:57 PM)
SI_JonHeyman Jon Heyman

al scout calls kipnis promotion by #indians a "blockbuster deadline trade.'' says "will provide a helluva in-season jolt.''

7 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Indians fans have to be pissed right now.

The Twins winning the Central this season would be such a disgrace and a joke. Boston Texas or New York would DESTROY THEM. They've lost in the playoffs with 10x better teams than the AAA team they're trotting out there in 2011...

QUOTE (Cali @ Jul 21, 2011 -> 06:39 PM)
The Twins winning the Central this season would be such a disgrace and a joke. Boston Texas or New York would DESTROY THEM. They've lost in the playoffs with 10x better teams than the AAA team they're trotting out there in 2011...

I think a healthy Twins team would walk away with this division.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 21, 2011 -> 08:52 PM)
Because they are in first place and getting a triple A call up instead of anything at the deadline.

Well their attendance has picked up a little bit, but I still dont think Indians fans should expect a huge move with this roster. Plus, Kipnis is supposed to be pretty good and is part of the future.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 21, 2011 -> 09:09 PM)
I think a healthy Twins team would walk away with this division.

And a Sox team with the real Adam Dunn & an Alex Rios that gave a s*** would be in 1st place right now. But that's why they play the games, right?

I will try to get some Indians fan insight this weekend. Totally opposite range tix for the two days, upper deck row Q vs. behind Sox dugout row J for Sat. & Sunday. In my road trip experiences the past few years (Cleveland, Boston, New York and Toronto) NY had the douchiest fans, Boston the most knowledgeable, Toronto the kindest and Cleveland the most opinionated. The last time I was there it was a Cliff Lee complete game shut out for his 20th win the year he won the CY Young and the game Quentin punched his bat and ended his season. Hopefully I find some intelligent Cleveland fans this trip!

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 22, 2011 -> 02:52 AM)
Because they are in first place and getting a triple A call up instead of anything at the deadline.

Why would they waste any of their limited resources in bringing in someone to play that position when they have one of the highest ranked prospects at the position ready to contribute? From the sound of it, they're going to get another outfielder in next week and possibly another starter.

QUOTE (ROC Sox Fan @ Jul 21, 2011 -> 10:52 PM)
I will try to get some Indians fan insight this weekend. Totally opposite range tix for the two days, upper deck row Q vs. behind Sox dugout row J for Sat. & Sunday. In my road trip experiences the past few years (Cleveland, Boston, New York and Toronto) NY had the douchiest fans, Boston the most knowledgeable, Toronto the kindest and Cleveland the most opinionated. The last time I was there it was a Cliff Lee complete game shut out for his 20th win the year he won the CY Young and the game Quentin punched his bat and ended his season. Hopefully I find some intelligent Cleveland fans this trip!

I loved the stadium and location in Cleveland, didn't much care for the fans.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 21, 2011 -> 11:30 PM)
Why would they waste any of their limited resources in bringing in someone to play that position when they have one of the highest ranked prospects at the position ready to contribute? From the sound of it, they're going to get another outfielder in next week and possibly another starter.

Because the odds of those prospects all making it is nil, and they might not see first place again for years.

Exactly. That's like the White Sox trading for an OF instead of just calling up Viciedo. (Or doing neither)

This man gets it.

I didn't realize Detroit has beaten Minnie 11 in a row.

I'm kind of glad Detroit won tonight, just so Minnie realizes what it's like to get owned.

That faceplanting vs. Detroit kind of nullifies their ability to steamroll the Sox and KC.

Duensing, who owned the Sox n KC in recent starts, got shelled tonight.

LOL at that.

Crazy night in Boston.

After a 2 hour and 21 minute rain delay, the Royals and Red Sox played 14 innings, ending just minutes ago.

Kyle Davies went 6 innings, giving up 5 hits, 1 run, 1 walk and got 6 strikeouts.

Soria struck out the side in the bottom of the 14th, Royals win 3-1.