2011 AL Central Catch-All Thread

Balta1701

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 12:59 PM)
Rebuilding Royals Release Kyle Davies

When you're 1-9 with an ERA over 6.75, you probably shouldn't be getting smashed drunk during a road trip. He was arrested in St. Petersburg (Tampa) on Monday for "Disorderly Intoxication" and then released by the Royals on Wednesday...

http://www.pcsoweb.com/InmateBooking/Subje...aspx?id=1465885

Edited by High Mileage

QUOTE (Cali @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 09:01 PM)
For those scoring at home... Detroit Tigers who are pieces of s***:

Jose Valverde

Miguel Cabrera

Jim Leyland

That one announcer who said that racist s***

Carlos Guillen

Can you elaborate? I don't recall hearing about that.

QUOTE (MAX @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 07:32 PM)
Can you elaborate? I don't recall hearing about that.

The guy commented that the Tigers "had a 'Rice and Beans' line up out there today" in regards to a mostly hispanic starting line-up for Detroit on that particular day

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 09:51 PM)
It is always a good thing when detroit has a team you can hate

That team had one player you could really genuinely root for, and that was Granderson. Once he left, that team had nobody that really stood out as an outstanding person off the field (atleast from my memory of when I lived near Detroit).

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 10:38 PM)
That team had one player you could really genuinely root for, and that was Granderson. Once he left, that team had nobody that really stood out as an outstanding person off the field (atleast from my memory of when I lived near Detroit).

I know he was great off of the field but on the field he always handed our asses to us, so he was pretty easy to hate.

Detroit Tigers reliever Al Alburquerque was struck in the head by a line drive during batting practice and carted off the field at Camden Yards.

The severity of the injury was not immediately known.

Alburquerque was walking in left field Friday while the Baltimore Orioles in the cage. Robert Andino hit a ball that struck the pitcher, who immediately dropped to the grass, kicking his legs in pain.

Activity on the field promptly ceased as players from both teams surrounded Alburquerque.

After being attended to by trainers from both teams, Alburquerque was taken off the field.

Alburquerque has been a key contributor to the first-place Tigers. He is 5-0 with a 1.16 ERA in his last 22 appearances.

Link

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 14, 2011 -> 03:11 PM)
The problem is Thome said something silly like 'You'll have to tear the jersey off my back before I'd leave Cleveland,' or something of the sort.

Exactly. But then you can't undercut the guy by that much as an organization, and hold it against him as a fan. The exact same thing happened to Robin Ventura (Sox offered 3/18, Mets 4/32). He never wanted to leave either, but you can't leave that kind of money on the table.