Being Admin

KipWellsFan

Nah, usually the guy who set up the board needs to know HTML and stuff.

He is pretty much the 'head admin', and he can appoint other admins/mods. All the new admins have access to pretty much every feature on the board, except for completely deleting the message board. They can ban and delete accounts, lock, delete, and move threads. They have access to everyones IP address (I think).

Moderators pretty much just watch over the board(s) they're assigned to. They can delete, close, and move topics, and delete, edit posts and such, but no REAL power, like banning members.

That's pretty much what I've learned with all my experiance with message boards, but they weren't the same kind of message boards as this one, so my facts may be a bit off.

Anyways, hope this helped.

He is pretty much the 'head admin', and he can appoint other admins/mods. All the new admins have access to pretty much every feature on the board, except for completely deleting the message board. They can ban and delete accounts, lock, delete, and move threads. They have access to everyones IP address (I think).

Moderators pretty much just watch over the board(s) they're assigned to. They can delete, close, and move topics, and delete, edit posts and such, but no REAL power, like banning members.

That's pretty much what I've learned with all my experiance with message boards, but they weren't the same kind of message boards as this one, so my facts may be a bit off.

So basically it's like the VP -- they do nothing. :D

Jason is the guy that set up the site. For a list of the admins and mods click here:

http://www.soxtalk.com/index.php?act=Stats...ts&CODE=leaders

The admins have a lot of control....there are a couple of us with access to other stuff as far as the server, but we don't mess with it. The admins have a lot of power to f*** things up, so if something happens, it's probably one of us.

It helps if the admin knows HTML, but it is by no means a must.