Saturday's Tailgate

Steff

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hotsoxchick1
Maybe if we're lucky Jerry Manuel will come out and eat with us like Terry "boom-boom" Bevington did in '97

If anyone remembers those Ads from that year

Ummmm... no.

lol i remember the ads.. but i dont want to break bread with jm.......nor do i want to share my margaritas with him.......

Maybe if we're lucky Jerry Manuel will come out and eat with us like Terry "boom-boom" Bevington did in '97

If anyone remembers those Ads from that year

Ummmm... no.

When they started tailgating at Comiskey, they did a series of ads with Bevington wandering from Car to Car in the parking lots eating Hotdogs with fans.

One wonders why no one hit him over the head with a bottle, shoved him into the trunk and saved the team.

That was also the year of the "LINE SHOT" promotion with Frank, Robin, and Belle in an "action movie"

"Come to ole Ballpark for Kidnapping, Terrorism and Gunplay!"

A banner year for Rob Gallas and his team.

That was also the year of the "LINE SHOT" promotion with Frank, Robin, and Belle in an "action movie"

"Come to ole Ballpark for Kidnapping, Terrorism and Gunplay!"

A banner year for Rob Gallas and his team.

I never even heard of that one -

one of the benefits of not living in Chicago I guess -

what a sick concept even before September 11th

HSC - no one is out to "steal" any spots or disrupt your plans for tomorrow. If you guys are there before us, that's fine. We've been planning our tailgate for over 5 months and just want a decent spot to set up.

Don't paint everyone from WC with a broad brush. The small group that is going tomorrow (there are about 10-12 of us) is very cool and most would love to meet fellow die-hards like yourselves. You guys seem to know your stuff and it's always great to talk all things 'Sox' with knowledgable fans, unlike the fans that go to the toilet on the North Side.

If I see you there, first beer's on me.

:cheers

HSC - no one is out to "steal" any spots or disrupt your plans for tomorrow.  If you guys are there before us, that's fine.  We've been planning our tailgate for over 5 months and just want a decent spot to set up.

Don't paint everyone from WC with a broad brush.  The small group that is going tomorrow (there are about 10-12 of us) is very cool and most would love to meet fellow die-hards like yourselves.  You guys seem to know your stuff and it's always great to talk all things 'Sox' with knowledgable fans, unlike the fans that go to the toilet on the North Side.

For the record.. this was not planned as a Sox Net event.. it's been planned with folks from the AOL boards since April when the 30+ block of tickets was bought.

Second.. there IS a post specifically referring to "beating the SoxNet gang" so please don't bother to backpedal on what was said.

The parking lot is a big place. I'm sure there is a nice spot or two that Joey will let you use.

HSC - no one is out to "steal" any spots or disrupt your plans for tomorrow.  If you guys are there before us, that's fine.  We've been planning our tailgate for over 5 months and just want a decent spot to set up.

Don't paint everyone from WC with a broad brush.  The small group that is going tomorrow (there are about 10-12 of us) is very cool and most would love to meet fellow die-hards like yourselves.  You guys seem to know your stuff and it's always great to talk all things 'Sox' with knowledgable fans, unlike the fans that go to the toilet on the North Side.

For the record.. this was not planned as a Sox Net event.. it's been planned with folks from the AOL boards since April when the 30+ block of tickets was bought.

Second.. there IS a post specifically referring to "beating the SoxNet gang" so please don't bother to backpedal on what was said.

The parking lot is a big place. I'm sure there is a nice spot or two that Joey will let you use.

They arnt tring to beat you guys out...

Please take anything said by Minoats with a HUGE freaking grain of salt. Hes well a bit senile and generally crazy.

Guest hotsoxchick1

dude/dudette?? whatever... as if im worried about you tryin to steal anything??? hardly.. our spots in the lots have been reserved for us by my friend who works there and our plans have been taken care of for a while now.....so you guys park where ever you want to your not going to rain on anyones parade.....certianly not mine.....i dont know where you get your info from but your wrong on this one, no ones cryin over spots in the lots......we are a very cool group of people who frequent the same spots in the lots and are well known at the park..... we share our drink and food with EVERYONE who stops by to chat or hang out and always have enough to go around......i dont paint any wc people with a broad brush... things get back here from there and i honestly dont care what anyone thinks about personal s*** from either boards .......i believe its the snyde remarks that are taken a certian way which causes the animosity between the boards......oh well.... if you happen to wander by we can break bread or share a beer, or a drink from my private stash of margaritas......im not as much of a b**** that you guys think i am...... ;)

Guest hotsoxchick1
What in da hell is going on here? Is everything still on for Saturday? Same plan?

koch your starting to sound like heather... geez us.... the plans go as were originally set up.............why do you guys sweat the small s*** all the time???? yes your tickets will be waiting on you and yes the beer and food will be flowing too.......... :D

Guest hotsoxchick1
Good reply :-) Sorry I will miss meeting you guys, I have a camping/fishing trip in Ontario or I would have come down from the great north.

enjoy your trip.. may you line bring in the big ones......is it cold up there this time of year yet? or do they have seasons like us?.. i was wondering cause i never been that far north...in other words whats it like that up way....honest question.......

We always go up 2nd or 3rd week of August, never been too cold for us yet, decent sleeping bags and tents help. But last year it rained continually and we left a day early due to tired of the slop. Seems to always be cloudy but yet it can get in 80s at times. Will be interesting to see if it has been wet or dry up there, dry could mean fire ban.

We driver 14-15 hours from Rochester, and the lake is about 150 miles NW of Thunder Bay, last 50 miles is logging road. So we are up there a bit. 12 guys, 6 boats. Lots of walleye, tho not many over 5 pounds. Lots of big Northern Pike, last year we caught almost 10 over 13 pounds, 19 1/2 being the largest.

Guest hotsoxchick1
We always go up 2nd or 3rd week of August, never been too cold for us yet, decent sleeping bags and tents help. But last year it rained continually and we left a day early due to tired of the slop.  Seems to always be cloudy but yet it can get in 80s at times. Will be interesting to see if it has been wet or dry up there, dry could mean fire ban.

We driver 14-15 hours from Rochester, and the lake is about 150 miles NW of Thunder Bay, last 50 miles is logging road. So we are up there a bit. 12 guys, 6 boats. Lots of walleye, tho not many over 5 pounds. Lots of big Northern Pike, last year we caught almost 10 over 13 pounds, 19 1/2 being the largest.

sounds like a good time........i hope you dont get rain and you have great weather for your duration........now heres a stupid question.... do you run into alot of wild animals up that way... i dont mean squirls and such more like bears and bigger things that consider us food..........