Coors Field

TheChrisSamsa

I'm planning my first vacation in nearly 3 years and I'm thinking Denver/Colorado Springs would be a nice destination that I've never visited and the White Sox happen to be traveling there this season, so I can use that as an excuse to check another ballpark off of my list.

I'm wondering if anyone's been there? What seats are unexpectedly good or great or good/great value? What special attractions or parts of the stadium should I be sure to see? Any other suggestions for summer activities in the area are welcome as well.

QUOTE (ChrisLikesBaseball @ Mar 3, 2011 -> 07:30 AM)
I'm planning my first vacation in nearly 3 years and I'm thinking Denver/Colorado Springs would be a nice destination that I've never visited and the White Sox happen to be traveling there this season, so I can use that as an excuse to check another ballpark off of my list.

I'm wondering if anyone's been there? What seats are unexpectedly good or great or good/great value? What special attractions or parts of the stadium should I be sure to see? Any other suggestions for summer activities in the area are welcome as well.

Nice collection of lids!

I haven't been but know many who have and said it's a great ballpark.

QUOTE (soxfan420 @ Mar 4, 2011 -> 12:06 AM)
It's a great statium even there "rock pile" cheap seats are good tickets, i have been to the stadium several time and the fountains and just the overall setup of the park are nice, plenty of parking, even traffic seems to move well compared to most places.

Thanks! I was curious about the Rock Pile seats.. We were thinking about grabbing those for the Thursday afternoon game if we decide to make it to all 3 games.

QUOTE (ChrisLikesBaseball @ Mar 3, 2011 -> 08:30 AM)

I've lived in CO for about six years now, and my wife and I really like Coors Field. The "Rockpile", as mentioned, is a bleacher area beyond the center field garden area. It's REALLY cheap (sometimes tix as cheap as $1 or $2 on special at Safeway) but you're a llloooonnnnggg way from the action, given the sheer size of the place and how far back off the field you are.

For my money, the best deal is the Wells Fargo Club Level. I mention the sponsorship because if you have a bank account of any kind at WF, club level seats are half price. For $25 the amenities and sightlines are fantastic, unbeatable really.

Lots of gigantic, industrial strength sports bars in the LoDo area, along with some better retaurants, microbreweries and a few Jazz clubs. The wife and I like going to a place called My Brother's Bar which is a good 1 1/2 miles from the ballpark, but can be easily worked into a game night - oldest bar in Denver, featuring terrific burgers and a nice rear beer garden - kind of reminds me of Moody's on North Broadway in Chi-Town, if you've ever been there.

I absolutely must get the full MLB package for the Tv in the next few weeks, 'cause the wife is at a tipping point of becoming more of a Rockies fan (she's not from Chicago) if I don't saturate her with 24/7 WhiteSox. She also thinks Tulo is hotter than Gordon Beckham, but I'm confident that will change this year.

Extremely glad the beloved Sock is coming to Denver this year - I'll be at at least 2 of the 3 games.

:gosoxretro:

Edited by Stan Bahnsen

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Mar 9, 2011 -> 12:05 AM)
That is cool, I did not know that. Do they make other brews there too?

Blue Moon, a Belgian-style witbier brewed by the Molson Coors Brewing Company in Golden, Colorado, was launched in 1995. In Canada it is marketed as a similar beer called Rickard's White and is brewed in Montreal, Quebec[2]. Originally called Bellyslide Belgian White, it was created by Keith Villa, a brewer at Coors Field's Sandlot Brewery (the onsite brewery owned by the Molson Coors Brewing Company). The beer is orange-amber in color with a cloudy appearance because it is unfiltered. It is also spiced with coriander and orange peel in addition to the hops found in most beers. Blue Moon has a more pronounced orange flavor than many other beers of the style, and also has a slightly sweet flavor. The grain bill for Blue Moon includes malted barley, white wheat, and oats.

I believe it was just invented there, and then moved offsite. The story I saw on TV is that they were experimenting with seasonal brews at Coors field and all of a sudden people started going crazy for their "White" version and thus Blue Moon was born. Pretty cool that it was just a brewer at Coors field messing around.

• 2 weeks later...