2. Alexei Ramirez ® SS

3. Carlos Quentin ® RF

4. Paul Konerko ® DH

5. A.J. Pierzynski (L) C

6. Alex Rios ® CF

7. Adam Dunn (L) 1B

8. Omar Vizquel (S) 2B

9. Mark Teahen (L) 3B

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 11:17 AM)
What is wrong with Ozzie? Why must he be enamored with a player every year that is completely ineffective? How is this acceptable to KW & JR?

Absolutely no idea...and I don't think it's a KW supported thing...I think he would love to have Lillibridge playing instead, but he has no power over Ozzie.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 11:20 AM)
Absolutely no idea...and I don't think it's a KW supported thing...I think he would love to have Lillibridge playing instead, but he has no power over Ozzie.

Anybody take a second to learn that left-handed hitters fare better against the actual pitcher opposing Sox hitters today and therefore Ozzie stacked the lineup to reflect the best chance for success?

No? Didn't think so.

Please continue...

With rios comming around (at least for this series) the odd man out is Pierre and his bunt faking ass, why no morel? I don't give a rodents behind what he's hitting, but his defense is superior and that's enough to keep him in the lineup

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 10:53 AM)
1. Coco Crisp (S) CF

2. Cliff Pennington (S) SS

3. Ryan Sweeney (L) LF

4. Hideki Matsui (L) DH

5. David DeJesus (L) RF

6. Daric Barton (L) 1B

7. Scott Sizemore ® 3B

8. Landon Powell (S) C

9. Jemile Weeks (S) 2B

1. Juan Pierre (L) LF

2. Alexei Ramirez ® SS

3. Carlos Quentin ® RF

4. Paul Konerko ® DH

5. A.J. Pierzynski (L) C

6. Alex Rios ® CF

7. Adam Dunn (L) 1B

8. Omar Vizquel (S) 2B

9. Mark Teahen (L) 3B

Alexei Ramirez, Paul Konerko, Carlos Quentin, and Alex Rios are a registered trade mark of the Chicago White Sox. :gosoxretro:

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 11:52 AM)
Anybody take a second to learn that left-handed hitters fare better against the actual pitcher opposing Sox hitters today and therefore Ozzie stacked the lineup to reflect the best chance for success?

No? Didn't think so.

Please continue...

Anybody take a second to learn that Brent Lillibridge's improved defense in LF would most likely be more valuable than any offensive contribution Juan might make that Lillibridge could not, because of the handedness of the Oakland SP?

Have you been watching the games this year?

Didn't think so.

Brent Lillibridge increased his bat control, resulting in more contact!

Brent Lillibridge has gained more power!

Brent Lillibridge has improved his plate discipline!

Brent Lillibridge positions himself better, his range in LF increases ...

Brent Lillibridge positions himself better, his range in CF increases ...

Brent Lillibridge positions himself better, his range in RF increases ...

Juan Pierre seems to have lost some bat speed, resulting in less contact ...

Juan Pierre has lost some power to the gaps ...

Juan Pierre has lost a step, his speed drops ...

Juan Pierre lost some momentum, his steal ability drops ...

and yet, Ozzie has still not checked his player developmental report. THAT'S THE FIRST THING I CHECK!

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 12:27 PM)
Anybody take a second to learn that Brent Lillibridge's improved defense in LF would most likely be more valuable than any offensive contribution Juan might make that Lillibridge could not, because of the handedness of the Oakland SP?

Have you been watching the games this year?

Didn't think so.

Pierre 2-for-4 today. Sox win. Enjoy.

I love how Hawk says Juan Pierre has really struggled with his bunting this season. Funny because I seem to remember keeping a running tally of his failed bunt attempts last year when he was falling behind 0-2 or popping out in seemingly every bunting situation.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 07:41 PM)
I love how Hawk says Juan Pierre has really struggled with his bunting this season. Funny because I seem to remember keeping a running tally of his failed bunt attempts last year when he was falling behind 0-2 or popping out in seemingly every bunting situation.

Ozzie should pull a Lasorda with him and make him still try and get it down with 2 strikes.

Pierre is not that good, but he's not deserving of the venom he gets on this site.

I don't like slap hitters like Juan, who also has lost a step stealing bases and in the field, but he's not one of the worst players in baseball, either.

People got on me for praising Bobby all last year saying it was 'ad nauseum.' We get it. Most of you hate Juan.

Why beat the same ol dead horse over and over and over?

At least shut up when some of us beat a dead horse on things you don't want to hear about cause we get it ... Juan sucks and you hate Juan ... on and on and on.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 11:30 PM)
Pierre is not that good, but he's not deserving of the venom he gets on this site.

I don't like slap hitters like Juan, who also has lost a step stealing bases and in the field, but he's not one of the worst players in baseball, either.

People got on me for praising Bobby all last year saying it was 'ad nauseum.' We get it. Most of you hate Juan.

At least shut up when some of us beat a dead horse on things you don't want to hear about cause we get it ... Juan sucks and you hate Juan ... on and on and on.

3rd worst is still pretty damn bad.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 10:30 PM)

This coming from the guy who says the same gloom and doom in the game threads night after night after night.

And look up the definition of ad nauseam.

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 04:33 AM)
This coming from the guy who says the same gloom and doom in the game threads night after night after night.

And look up the definition of as nauseam.

I just said, if you folks are going to say the same tired stuff about Juan every single day (we know he sucks; we get it) then don't get mad when I say the same stuff every day about things you don't like.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 12:31 AM)
Ain't no team in the league gonna call KW and ask about the availability of Phil Humber. I say that with absolute certainty.

Does this come with the same certainty that Humber doesn't have a chance in hell to be even adequate this season? ;)

Edited by ChiSox_Sonix