2011 White Sox Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (smalls2598 @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 11:31 AM)
Fun times may be ahead for Interleague play, per Rotoword:

White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen said Thursday that Adam Dunn will get starts at first base and potentially the outfield during interleague play.

If you are gonna do it, Saturday is the day to make it happen. Check out the career stats vs. Zach Duke:

Dunn 8-17, 1 2B, 2 HR, 3 BB, .471/.550/.882

Pierre 4-24, .167/.167/.167

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 09:56 PM)
If you are gonna do it, Saturday is the day to make it happen. Check out the career stats vs. Zach Duke:

Dunn 8-17, 1 2B, 2 HR, 3 BB, .471/.550/.882

Pierre 4-24, .167/.167/.167

none.of.that.means.a.god.damn.thing

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 01:57 PM)
Swisher now leading off for Yanks with Jeter on DL. Marquez part of the bullpen still.

If only he'd successfully done that with the Sox, think of how many fewer things we'd have to complain about (the return on the trade with the Yankess, no Pierre...)

QUOTE (Disco72 @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 08:20 AM)
If only he'd successfully done that with the Sox, think of how many fewer things we'd have to complain about (the return on the trade with the Yankess, no Pierre...)

Not possible. Swisher's brain can't handle leading off. That was why he struggled so much in 2008 and why it was a mistake to trade him away.

QUOTE (Pale Sox @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 02:55 AM)
I don't know if this has been posted before, but all of a sudden Beckham's underachieving makes perfect sense.

All I have to say is one of the comments...

duh hes super hot & a good 3rd basemen

ksoftballchick73

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 09:47 AM)
By winning percentage, the White Sox have the easiest interleague schedule in the AL. Gotta clean up.

Knowing how bad the Sox have played against teams under .500, that's bad news.

QUOTE (since56 @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 01:52 PM)
Ozzie will probably leave Pierre in and have an outfield of Pierre,Rios and Dunn. OUCH!

Adam Dunn in the outfield is a laughable thought. You just know he's going to cost us a game or two at first or in the outfield.

KW, what's so difficult about realizing we've been shut out 10 times and the lineup needs more punch? If Oz won't go along, fire him.

Juan is the odd man out so Viciedo should be up and fast.

If Rios ever got his head out of his ass, it'd be a decent offensive outfield of Dayan, Rios and CQ, thought I'd rather see it be Dayan, Lilly/Rios splitting time, and CQ.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 12:53 AM)
Oh s***, just jumped on Twitter. That's the truth. Well, f***, at least it's something different. It's not Viciedo, but it's some sort of shake-up at least.

it's not a shake up. We are facing a lefty. It's the arbitrary I can give aj and jp a day off.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 01:39 AM)
Morel in the 2 hole? Alexei in the 5 spot? That's a shake-up. May not be here to stay, but at least he isn't copy and pasting the same s*** lineup again.

I don't mind Morel in the #2 hole, at least he puts the ball into play.. in fact, if it was permanently Morel at #2 and Alexei at #5 I would like that a hell of a lot more than seeing AJ come up to bat 5th